How much did you take out in College Loans?

BeautifulDestiny09

Feb 16, 2007
Cleveland Ohio
Visit site
✟15,514.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm determined not to take out any loans...so right now I have NO loan debt, and I'm a JUNIOR in college getting no money from the government...I've done payment plans and scholarships so far...and it did help that I earned an associates degree at the local community college.

Upvote 0

alldogsDONOTgotoheaven

Apr 6, 2005
✟15,539.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Luckily none so far and I'm halfway through graduate school.
I did duel enrollment in highschool so I had 60 credit hours when I graduated. I went to a public university and had a state scholarship that paid for tuition and books. My grandmother gave me a decent amount of money upon graduating high school and I had cheap places to live so my money lasted till I graduated undergrad (even though i was broke!). I worked a year to pay for graduate school so I'll be able to pay it off without taking out any loans. I'm going to a public university now so my tuition is like 1/3- 1/4 of what some people pay for private schools. I'm glad I'll be graduating debt free...especially since I'm going into teaching!

Upvote 0

snoopyloopysk8a

#1 Stunna
Nov 19, 2003
Killa Cali
Visit site
✟18,777.00
Faith
SDA
Politics
US-Democrat
so far, i have no loans. but my freshman year, i went to a private school (out of state) who gave me 80% tuition scholarship, but didn't cover the other 20% or room & board. so my parents took out 10k loan to cover that. last year, i went to the state uni and lived at home again and paid it all myself, all ~$4100 of it. but this year coming up, if i don't get a chance to get it all saved, i'll probably take out a loan for 5k and sock most of it away in an interest bearing account until i need it...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums