How much did you take out in College Loans?

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Isomorphic410

Mar 23, 2007
Indiana
✟8,006.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm covering everything... This past year (freshman year) was a pretty nice dent, as IU requires that all freshman live in the (ridiculously overpriced) dorms and buy a food plan of no less than $2400... so I'm $18k in so far. The next few years shouldn't be that much, and by the time it's all over I should be about $40k in :(

Reactions: rita727
Upvote 0

darinh

May 24, 2007
✟15,121.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I went to Taylor University, and had very little financial support. I left due to circumstances beyond my control in the middle of my senior year, owing approximately $60,000. I'm still working on my degree, but my current employer is reimbursing me to finish my degree.

My advice to anyone considering private schools: unless you're going to get a degree in something that the school specializes in (i.e. bible college for a degree in biblical studies, pastoral ministries, etc.) I think you'd be much wiser to invest your money in a decent public school, so that you won't be held-back by your debt after college. (=

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yodafett

Blissfully wed to tierajade
Oct 12, 2006
✟23,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My first 2 years were paid for at a State University, then I transferred to a Bible college, throwing about 1/2 of my credits away. :( It was worth it though, knowing that I'd have a degree that meant something to me, and that I'd know the truth of the knowledge. I'm in for about $7500 so far, and still have about 2 years left.

Upvote 0

JonMiller

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2007
✟23,331.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
about 24k for undergrad (went to private Christian college)

so far over 35k for grad school (maybe 45k), the problem being is that I have made enough money in grad school to have not had any if I had been more responsible with my food and entertainment budgets

JM

Upvote 0

rita727

Jul 29, 2006
A Pineapple under the Sea
✟23,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
about 24k for undergrad (went to private Christian college)

so far over 35k for grad school (maybe 45k), the problem being is that I have made enough money in grad school to have not had any if I had been more responsible with my food and entertainment budgets

JM
At least you're being honest bout it.

Upvote 0