How Many Judgments are there? and How Many Hells are there?

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Revelation 20:13 "and the sea gave up the dead who were in it, death and Hell gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done."

So Some are in Hell being tortured for thousands of years without even being Judged? Or have they been judged, then whats the point of another judgment- only to condemn again- like a fake trial? Then cast down into Hell again?

Revelation 20:14 "then death and Hell were thrown into the lake of fire- this is the second death."

So, not only does both the "sea" and "hell" give up the "dead" which are in them but "hell" is cast into the lake of fire? With the depiction of an eternal hell- sharing the same reputation as the lake of fire but are clearly referenced as two separate things, how many Hells are there? Why do both the "sea" and "hell" have dead people in them? If you get sent to heaven or hell when you die- how are there dead people in the "sea"?
hell can mean several things in the Bible...
as three greek words are translated into the english as hell.

most time it means the common grave...an analogy for death...
it can mean the holding place for the fallen angels....
it can mean the garbage pit outside of Jeruslaem, a disgusting place...UNWANTED ROTTING GARBAGE, FULL OF MAGGOTS ETC...
used symbolically.

hell can be a condition instead of a place, as it was with Lazarus and the rich man...

so, no one is being tortured right now...God is not a masicist

no one will be tortured....

God is going to destroy the very essence of all those who do not overcome...

not torture them forever....

destroy them forever....but not until judgment.

Upvote 0

Gary51

Senior Veteran
Sep 4, 2007
South Yorkshire, England
✟21,383.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Gary51, what do you think the Book of Life is exactly?
The book of life is where the names of those that recieve eternal life are recorded.

Does Scripture say people will be judged by the Bible?
Yes. The books that are opened are scripture. The dead will be judge by the things that are in scripture. Just in case you haven't noticed. Nowhere in the bible does it mention the word bible. Now, just in case you can't accept that the books are scripture. What do you think the books are?

I thought, perhaps I'm mistaken, that people would be judged by the Ten Commandments, God's Moral Law, which is written on our hearts. What is your understanding of Romans 2:12-16?
Are those things you've just mentioned in scripture? I think that as you have read them from scripture they are!

Romans 2:12-16 says, "All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. 13 For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. 14 (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.) 16 This will take place on the day when God judges people’s secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares."
Again, is all that in scripture?

Upvote 0
D

DiligentlySeekingGod

The book of life is where the names of those that recieve eternal life are recorded.

That is what I thought, but I was asking for confirmation.

Yes. The books that are opened are scripture. The dead will be judge by the things that are in scripture. Just in case you haven't noticed. Nowhere in the bible does it mention the word bible. Now, just in case you can't accept that the books are scripture. What do you think the books are?

Yes, I know that the word Bible isn't in the Bible. And yes, I firmly believe that the Bible is the final and sole authority for matters of Christian faith, doctrine and practice.

Are those things you've just mentioned in scripture? I think that as you have read them from scripture they are! Again, is all that in scripture?

Yes, they are mentioned in Scripture. I was asking for your understanding of that scriptural passage though.

Upvote 0

Gary51

Senior Veteran
Sep 4, 2007
South Yorkshire, England
✟21,383.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
That is what I thought, but I was asking for confirmation.

Yes, I know that the word Bible isn't in the Bible. And yes, I firmly believe that the Bible is the final and sole authority for matters of Christian faith, doctrine and practice.

Yes, they are mentioned in Scripture. I was asking for your understanding of that scriptural passage though.

You didn't answer my question. What do you think the books are by which the dead are judged?

PS. My rhetorical questions are my answers!

Upvote 0
D

DiligentlySeekingGod

You didn't answer my question. What do you think the books are by which the dead are judged?

PS. My rhetorical questions are my answers!

I don't understand your question. Are you asking which books of the Bible the dead will be judged by or what? If that is the question, then I have no idea. Otherwise, I believe the dead will be judged by Scripture, perhaps even God's Moral Law. To be honest, I don't know how the dead will be judged. That is why I asked my questions.

Upvote 0