• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

How long since you last self injured? (3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramona

If you can't see my siggy, I've disappeared ;)
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2006
Visit site
✟55,932.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Very nearly one year.

It can be done, guys. My depression is still horrible but it's getting better, and I don't feel like I need to burn myself anymore. There are other coping skills that I've learned which have helped me a lot, but just surrounding myself with people who love me helps a lot. It's really not a substitute for professional help, as cutting is almost always linked to something much, much bigger, but there are ways to give yourself just a little extra help.

:hug:s all around.

Upvote 0

Ramona

If you can't see my siggy, I've disappeared ;)
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2006
Visit site
✟55,932.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
3days... falling

Three days is an excellent start, friend. We are all pulling for you and we all want to support you and everyone here. You are special and wonderful and deserve to be taken care of. And I mean that with all my heart.

I also see that you are about the same age as I was when I first started to SI. Sweetie, it DOES get better. It does. I don't think there's an easy day in a depressed person's life, but the best advice I can give you is to hold on. Surround yourself with love. Don't be afraid to ask the people you love for support, but at the same time professional counseling is very helpful for these situations (I don't know whether you are seeing someone already, but I'll reiterate it because of its importance).

Keep holding on. Keep reaching out. We're here for you and so are the people you love. Don't be afraid. You can and you will overcome this.

Once again, I and everyone here are pulling for you.

Many :hug:s and :prayer:s to you!
Hallie

Upvote 0

ChristInAction

Beloved Child
May 14, 2006
Melbourne
Visit site
✟8,880.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
Three days is an excellent start, friend. We are all pulling for you and we all want to support you and everyone here. You are special and wonderful and deserve to be taken care of. And I mean that with all my heart.

I also see that you are about the same age as I was when I first started to SI. Sweetie, it DOES get better. It does. I don't think there's an easy day in a depressed person's life, but the best advice I can give you is to hold on. Surround yourself with love. Don't be afraid to ask the people you love for support, but at the same time professional counseling is very helpful for these situations (I don't know whether you are seeing someone already, but I'll reiterate it because of its importance).

Keep holding on. Keep reaching out. We're here for you and so are the people you love. Don't be afraid. You can and you will overcome this.

Once again, I and everyone here are pulling for you.

Many :hug:s and :prayer:s to you!
Hallie
i started when i was 11. so 4years now.. & no i dont & wont get councelling. thanks anyways.

Sorry guys.. fell at 4days... guess i'll try for 5days this time.. doubt i'll make it but anyways..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rasis

Mar 27, 2007
Germany
✟3,422.00
Faith
Christian
Hi ChristInAction!

Just do not give up! Look at the four days you have been able not to do it!
..gues i'll try for 5days this time
Yes, that is good! You must just want to stop it and try it! Perhaps it won't work the first time easily... but one day it will work and you will be able to say that you are able to stand against the pressure 365 days a year.
Believe, that one day you will be able to look back and you are no longer worried by the things, you just left them behind and as Margaret Fishbackpowers said in "Footprints in sand" you will see that Jesus walks with you every day!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ChristInAction

Beloved Child
May 14, 2006
Melbourne
Visit site
✟8,880.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
Come on guys. The fall is the begin of your new journey. I know you can do it! I love you all so much & wether its been a few hours or a few months, keep going. God is with you & his going 'Come on! I know you can do this! I love & I'm with you. Just believe.'

Love you all, Good luck.
Ally x0x

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.