In the valley of the wind
✟20,550.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Passionfruit - That is great news! Whereabouts do you live?

I live in an apartment here in Montréal downtown, and my apartment rent is surprisingly not too bad. Around $1200 a month which is pretty cheap for a downtown apartment.(Even though it is only one bedroom lol) Still, try finding that in NYC, Chicago, or Los Angeles! But some say I live in a ghetto apartment lol! Though it is very close to everything and in a very nice neighborhood.

Oops almost missed your question. :sorry:

I just live in Kansas City, on the Missouri side. I live mostly in the urban area, because that's where mostly people my age who are graduates and young professionals. I love it, because there's coffee shops nearby, lots of restaurants, places to go shopping, and all that jazz. I'm moving into a three bedroom apartment with two other girls. We managed to get it for $875 which is not too bad for the area I live in. Though it is possible for apartments and lofts to run about $1200 per month.

Upvote 0

français

Atheist/CA-Bloc Québécois/US-Democrat
Oct 2, 2006
Montréal, Québec
✟21,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Bloc
So I went to the doctor yesterday and it was great. He didn't give me anything for OCD and said it wasn't a major problem. And concerning my weight, he gave me a refferal to a Nutritionist and they will call me soon to schedule an appointment. I am happy because I have always wanted to go to a Nutritionist to find a healthy diet. And last night was so much fun; A friend returned back from vacation to Europe(month long vacation; imagine!) So, we got to catch up with her which was great.

Today, I've been lazy. But, I guess that is ok because it's raining outside and so not too much I can do anyways besides cuddle on the couch and turn on TV!

Celtic Flower - That sounds beautiful! I love ponds especially with fish in them!

Passionfruit - Ah, cool! I was in Kansas city once. It's a pretty nice place. I never knew it was the biggest city in Missouri.. I always thought St. Louis was!

Upvote 0

Mahammad

Kafir
May 30, 2009
Canada
✟9,589.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Yesterday was a very bad day ;p

I went to my uncle’s house because my cousin came from Canada and I haven't seen him for almost 2 years.

His 8 years old sister had a kitty and she showed it to me, I never had problems with cats before, when I was at her age I used to raise many cats anyway my eyes turned from white to full red I looked like a zombie, and I was coughing a lot and my nose was burning inside.

my uncle told me that I have sensitivity to cats, I told him about touching cats before with no problems. Anyway they feared that my cousin got swine flu with him lol and I think it was because of the cat, I’m still confused and now I’m starting to fear cats.

anyway I had the worse night I ever had.

Had to sleep without air conditioner and it was very hot(at night) and my nose was annoying.

But today I feel better and I’ll stay away from these evil cats. (they look cute but they are evil inside "true story")

Upvote 0

français

Oct 2, 2006
Montréal, Québec
✟21,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Bloc
So I went to the Nutritionist, and they were great! She just told me to increase my caloric intake by about 500 calories a day, and that's all I really need to do for now. :)

And these past few days have been pretty great. Yesterday was excellent. I actually went to Ville de Québec with my spouse to visit some family. We walked around parliament and it was so great. And today, I have lazy thus far but I expect a great night :)

Formy, it sounds like you are simply allergic to cats! I doubt your brother has Swine Flu. Just because North America has been hit by Swine Flu more than most, it is still rare in the States and in Canada.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

français

Oct 2, 2006
Montréal, Québec
✟21,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Bloc
Yesterday I had a great day. Went to Ville de Québec to visit a friend who just moved there for Uni. We had an excellent time.

Today I haven't left the home yet but it has been a good day still.

And tomorrow is back to the weekday routine.. Uni! Which is okay, I'm not complaining!

Upvote 0

Penumbra

Traveler
Dec 3, 2008
United States
✟18,536.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
That's great to hear francais.

I had a nice day today, just started doing exercise, trying to get into a routine. Did some light weight lifting and power walking. I'm in pain, but that's okay. :p
Oh, I'm in sooo much pain today for that reason.

Usually at the gym I do cardio such as a mile run or something, stretching, abs, and some light dumbell exercises for tone, and some leg exercises. But I decided to change it up and go to the gym with some of my male friends, and was doing power lifting! I did the press and clean where you take a barbell from the ground and lift it over your head, did barbell squats, high-weight, low-rep barbell flat bench, barbell lunges, plus a host of other exercises and abs. (Of course I did way less weight than them, and it was kind of funny having to switch all the weight off between sets, but still it was heavy for my size and unlike what I usually do) And now, the next day, my entire body hurts pretty much from head to toe. :o

Upvote 0

PassionFruit

I woke up like dis
May 18, 2007
In the valley of the wind
✟20,550.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh, I'm in sooo much pain today for that reason.

Usually at the gym I do cardio such as a mile run or something, stretching, abs, and some light dumbell exercises for tone, and some leg exercises. But I decided to change it up and go to the gym with some of my male friends, and was doing power lifting! I did the press and clean where you take a barbell from the ground and lift it over your head, did barbell squats, high-weight, low-rep barbell flat bench, barbell lunges, plus a host of other exercises and abs. (Of course I did way less weight than them, and it was kind of funny having to switch all the weight off between sets, but still it was heavy for my size and unlike what I usually do) And now, the next day, my entire body hurts pretty much from head to toe. :o

Oh that sucks. T_T Yeah my arms feel all weird right now. I did about 10 reps of the dumbell overhead press. Basically I'm just lifting the dumbells over my head and then I did the dumbell press. And I did some dumbell squats.

I'm not ready for anything heavy yet. :D

Upvote 0

sidhe

Seemly Unseelie
Sep 27, 2004
Couldharbour
✟27,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Oddly, I'm about to go to the gym and do my normal mile on the elliptical, and then lift weights for a bit...today are endurance/definition sets for chest and biceps, moderate weight, extended reps.

I took a course on weight training at university - I take it pretty seriously.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yahya Snow

Aug 18, 2009
England, Uk
✟15,185.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Hmm

Well I just got up. Time zones:)

I have house hunting to do as well as other hings. so I have a busy day. I am also fasting.

I feel we in the West are always running hectic lives. Wish we could have longer weekends (how about they throw Friday into the weekend too?)
:)

Upvote 0

Supreme

British
Jul 30, 2009
London
✟22,685.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hmm

Well I just got up. Time zones:)

I have house hunting to do as well as other hings. so I have a busy day. I am also fasting.

I feel we in the West are always running hectic lives. Wish we could have longer weekends (how about they throw Friday into the weekend too?)
:)
Three day weekends would be awesome. Give me Friday over Monday anyday.

Upvote 0

Digit

Senior Veteran
Mar 4, 2007
Australia
✟12,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I ate three Curly Wurlys in a row earlier and felt sick. I have no idea why I did that, I just couldn't stop myself. :<

Other than that, day has been pretty unproductive, I'm in the middle developing a computer game, and it's been a bit slow recently as we are 92% done with this milestone, but as usual the last 10% (or 8% in the this case) takes 90% of your time - which is frustrating as I want to move ahead onto the next set of stuff. >_>

Tomorrow, I will be productive. Yes. I will. *is determined*

Upvote 0