✟278,556.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Rock and Roll is harmful to spirituality and morals, but how is
Rock and Roll rated when considered from the health perspective? Well, if you wish to know, please read on -

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Rock stars are famous for excess, and some pay the price. A new study suggests that rock stars are up to 3 times more likely to die young than the rest of the society, mainly because of drug and alcohol abuse.

Researchers led by Mark Bellis at Liverpool John Moores University looked at survival rates for more than one thousand European and American musicians who had their first chart success between 1956 and 1999. From 1956 to 2005, 100 of them died. Some 40% of the Europeans and 28% of the Americans died from overdoses, accidents or chronic disease related to drugs and drink. Cancer and heart disease, conditions associated with unhealthy lifestyles, together claimed over a third of the Americans. The study is published in the Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health.

charts.jpg

Last edited:

Tull

Aug 13, 2016
Virginia
✟29,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Its a hard lifestyle,when you have nothing but time and money you tend towards indulgence and indulgence tends towards an early death,plus the pressures of keeping the "hits" coming to keep the fame going and trying to be in top form every night on tour when hardly anybody doing anything is in top form every day.

Then you have many Musicians who are shy introverts that have to deal with people and the public and they often use alcohol and drugs to cope with it.

Upvote 0

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟449,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rock doesn't cause anything but people cope with life and stressful situations in their life in many different ways,people who can't carry a tune in a bucket drink and use drugs.
Meant to quote the OP because it seems to me what I stated above is his premise.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
It may takes years of reading testimonies and sermons if anyone is interested ;
believers in Russia and Africa and China have often asked American Churches WHY THEY PLAY DEMONIC MUSIC.
And
at one time had an open letter to American Churches/Pastors requesting they NOT COME BACK for revival as the so-called 'revival' they took to Russia, and other places,
stirred up demonic worship, destroyed youth and families, and was not at all edifying or even conducive to CHRISTIAN LIFE.

Likewise David Wilkerson , after years opposed to demonic music,
took another look at it since it was so popular in American churches and American culture,
then prayerful and totally and finally concluded it was still and always demonic in origin and in practice.

Upvote 0

Sir Robbins

Waiting for Fall
Sep 28, 2012
Saint Augustine, FL
✟52,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
Rock doesn't cause anything but people cope with life and stressful situations in their life in many different ways,people who can't carry a tune in a bucket drink and use drugs.
I cope with my life through heavy metal.... I can relate to darker lyrics more than uplifting ones

Upvote 0