How drugs, ignorance, and pride can ruin a man.

NotSparedTheRod

Nov 19, 2022
Kentucky
✟20,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have been a very sinful man in my time, and one of the things I believe that the Lord had done is visit his righteous vengeance on me. i can testify that anyone who does not fear God's wrath and vengeance is very unwise. I'm a struggling Christian. I've been constantly under attack from what i think may be the Devil or a wrathful and deceptive elect angel calling me to account. I know now for certain that backsliding is deadly. I implore anyone reading this to take your repentance seriously. I myself have had trouble doing so. The residue of my time as an ignorant, Bible- and god-hating atheist when i was younger, or so I assume. How I now wish my parents had put me into Sunday School when I was a child, and raised me in the church! My atheism also led me into substance abuse, though I account that to my own folly rather than to my parents lack of church membership - both are firmly against drug use. With the harm I've done to myself, the Lord has seen fit to chastise me for squandering his gifts and taking things with a lack of sober forethought, and He has done so righteously. But He also has reached so far down to raise me up so long as I trust and am obedient to His ways rather than those of the flesh and the worldliness it put into me. Just count me as another former atheist who got his comeuppance before passing through the gates of Gehenna (Hell, for those unaware; it's the Hebrew name for that place). I praise the Lord every day for his disciplining of me.

Reactions: anetazo
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have been a very sinful man in my time, and one of the things I believe that the Lord had done is visit his righteous vengeance on me. i can testify that anyone who does not fear God's wrath and vengeance is very unwise. I'm a struggling Christian. I've been constantly under attack from what i think may be the Devil or a wrathful and deceptive elect angel calling me to account. I know now for certain that backsliding is deadly. I implore anyone reading this to take your repentance seriously. I myself have had trouble doing so. The residue of my time as an ignorant, Bible- and god-hating atheist when i was younger, or so I assume. How I now wish my parents had put me into Sunday School when I was a child, and raised me in the church! My atheism also led me into substance abuse, though I account that to my own folly rather than to my parents lack of church membership - both are firmly against drug use. With the harm I've done to myself, the Lord has seen fit to chastise me for squandering his gifts and taking things with a lack of sober forethought, and He has done so righteously. But He also has reached so far down to raise me up so long as I trust and am obedient to His ways rather than those of the flesh and the worldliness it put into me. Just count me as another former atheist who got his comeuppance before passing through the gates of Gehenna (Hell, for those unaware; it's the Hebrew name for that place). I praise the Lord every day for his disciplining of me.
For God is the One working in you both to will and to work according to His good pleasure.

to judge yourself good or bad is to judge Gods work ...

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

James 1:2-4

New International Version

Trials and Temptations​

2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Upvote 0

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Acts chapter 9 . Jesus struck Paul down on road to Damascus. He was wrecking havoc on churches. Jesus intervention in Paul's life.

Why ??
Paul is one of God's Elect. Paul didn't have free will. Paul became chosen vessel for Jesus. He testified God's word to jews, Israel and gentiles. Those who don't have free will, Jesus will intervene in your life.

1 Corinthians chapter 9:27. If we dont continue on the path of godliness, we could become cast away or Reprobate.

It's important Christian people repent sins to God and do there best to do things God's way. Our will isn't important. It's God's will that is important.

Those walking in darkness are habitual sinners and reprobates. There following satan. You don't want to go thier !!.

Those following satan are going to sheol. It's holding place for the spirtualty dead or wicked until judgement day.
You don't want to be in this group !.

Ezekiel chapter 33 to document, God has no pleasure in the death of the wicked. Jesus doesn't want to March his children into the lake of fire with satan on judgement day.

People have fundamental choice to make.
Choose Jesus.
Or choose satan.

Those who reject Jesus and choose satan, go into lake of fire. They won't exist anymore. Revelation chapter 20 to document.

Acts chapter 3 . Repent and conform to God's standard. Accept Jesus as your salvation and repent.

Upvote 0