Portland
✟33,514.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Single
How does watching anime help you in your life in the faith of Christ Jesus? For those who have accepted God in their life.

We have had threads where people express how certain things about anime discourages them. I learned and understand that there's balance regarding the matter. Stuff in anime can get you in idolatry or have worldly passion. I find that you have to cut off things that will hinder you spiritually. On the other side, there are things about anime that can help you. What those things are go many ways.

I have watched a lot throughout the years. In anime there's stuff that will make you go "Isn't that cute, but it's wrong!". This is where I try to control myself. There are things I have seen in anime that show the love of God. That do show forth goodness. That's how I gain confidence.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexB23

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟75,817.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How does watching anime help you in your life in the faith of Christ Jesus? For those who have accepted God in their life.

We have had threads where people express how certain things about anime discourages them. I learned and understand that there's balance regarding the matter. Stuff in anime can get you in idolatry or have worldly passion. I find that you have to cut off things that will hinder you spiritually. On the other side, there are things about anime that can help you. What those things are go many ways.

I have watched a lot throughout the years. In anime there's stuff that will make you go "Isn't that cute, but it's wrong!". This is where I try to control myself. There are things I have seen in anime that show the love of God. That do show forth goodness. That's how I gain confidence.
In Yu Yu Hakusho, some of the characters show a humble side, and will never attack someone whose back faces them. So, anime does have some morals.

Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟141,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Luffy in One Piece is extremely loyal once someone joins his crew (and often before that too). Demon Slayer has a strong sibling bond. Pokémon is usually about the virtue of compassion and friendships. DBZ shows that enemies can become allies, or put another way, that people can change (Vegeta/Piccolo). I think anime can be subtle about its virtues, which might lead some to not noticing them, but a lot of anime has positive qualities if you're paying attention.

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0