• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

How do you view your scars?

ShadowsChild

Victorious NOT Victim
Nov 22, 2010
Alberta, Canada
✟8,916.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I barely notice mine anymore. It's been 5 years since I SI and while I would cover when I first did it #1prevent infection #2 less questions - I really don't care about them anymore. I have a few covered by a tattoo and if you actually look close at the tattoo you can see them underneath - but since it's a pretty simple and easy to see tattoo, no one ever really looks that close.

HOWEVER: What I hate is the feel of the scars. My skin is quite soft so if I am running my hands down my arm I can feel the scars clearly sometimes without even looking at them. It makes me happy that I scar by my skin collapsing inward on itself instead of bubbling out like some people

Upvote 0

SplendidTree

Legend
Aug 8, 2009
✟53,000.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
You know, I answered in this over a year ago but feel differently now than I did then. I feel they are embarrassing at times but also more of a testimony. This is what the Lord healed me from and He still loves me anyhow. That kind of thing. I hardly think about them.

Upvote 0