How Do You Know The Rapture Is Not Ongoing or Here?

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
One of things that I see often presented is the rapture will happen in the future, and may not have already started sometime unknown in the past. How do you know it has not started?

You have to read the scriptures in spite of what you're being taught...the rapture is on the LAST DAY...as Jesus repeatedly told the Scribe and Pharisees in John 6:38-40:
38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.
39 This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day.
40 For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day.”

John 6:43, 44:
43 Jesus answered and said to them, “Do not grumble among yourselves.
44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day.

John 6:54:
54 He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.

How many times does Jesus have to say "on the LAST DAY" before saints believe him?

Listen to Paul in 1 Corinthians 15:20 on the resurrection:
20 But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who are asleep.
21 For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive.
23 But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ’s at His coming,
24 then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power.

The rapture is on the LAST DAY!!!

Upvote 0
The interpretation is simple when we don't concentrate just on one word or take a verse out of context to a whole passage.

19 For in those days there will be tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the creation which God created until this time, nor ever shall be. 20 And unless the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake, whom He chose, He shortened the days.

The Lord is saying that unless He shortened those days of the great tribulation (which entailed the Jewish-Roman war we know from history)

then none of the elect would survive either!

The word "flesh" only means people "living" or dying, for that matter, in the passage.

Obviously the "elect" had flesh too.

Thank you coraline, and you can see that the scripture is clearly indicating continuing life in the flesh; not all flesh will perish, and with special emphasis on the elect whom God would not destroy once they are identified and sealed by God before any green thing is harmed [Revelation].

You have interpreted the passage correctly and still you believe that there will be total extinction of flesh? You give me the impression that you believe that there will be no flesh remain on earth and all saved spirits go off into a heavenly world somewhere else? What then is 'Glorified Flesh'?

Upvote 0