Visit site
✟6,523.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Well Tsarina I first want to say Happy Birthday. I do agree with you about it being genetic. At the moment my hair is to my shoulders, but a little passed it. My hair is longer than my the women in my family. Thanks for your great advice!

:amen:

Shoulder length hair is pretty managable. I used to have shoulder lenght hair and it was so easiy to take care of. :)

Btw, thank's for the birthday greetings.

Upvote 0
L

laruenouvelle

Hi, GiGinunn,

I just want to ask you a question before I answer some of your questions...do you chemically style your hair (relax, color, texturize, other)? If you do chemically style your hair, how often do you do this?

It is not hard for black people to grow out their hair. Most black people's hair texture is curlier than other races so it grows out instead of down because the hair follicles are more ribbonous flat and less cylindrical and are not as affected by gravity like other ethnicities. Most people who have trouble growing their hair long actually have no problems with hair growth---they just have trouble retaining length. One way to retain length is to pay attention to what your hair's "personality" is like and act accordingly.

Reactions: PriyaRoshni
Upvote 0
L

laruenouvelle

P.S. You are fearfully and wonderfully made by the Lord. God made you the way you are, so you won't be beautiful "like <insert whatever ethnicity>," you'll be beautiful like YOU. If you take care of what you have, you'll have beauty that's incomparable.

This is meant for everyone, not just the OP. Now God bless and walk with Him, because the Lord knew what He was doing when He made every one of you! :)

Reactions: PriyaRoshni
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bourgeois

Nov 16, 2006
South ewh Carolina
✟15,174.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Try vitamins, they are supposed to help all women get healthy hair and nails. If you straighten or blowdry your hair, be sure to put a heat protector over it before doing it, this will keep your hair from gettind dry and cracked. Try Redken if you can. It does a really good job. However if that doesnt work, try seeing a derm. They are pricey, but well worth the money.

Upvote 0