Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 23, 2011
✟7,613.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Hello everybody! First post here at the ChristianForums. For the sake of privacy on the web, I'll refrain from posting my actual name (nothing personal, just a bit paranoid is all) so you can just call me ProspectiveDarkness or well, whatever really. (That seemed a bit apparent but anyway, enough dilly-dallying (man I love that word)) I'm an atheist and I'm 15 years old, and I'm also bisexual.
Now, I thank you for any offers of prayers and whatnot (if there aren't any I shall be promptly be feeling very embarrassed) but I wanted to know what you feel about the subject of homosexuality and bisexuality. From what I understand of your rules, a little free discussion is within the boundaries, so I would like to know what you think about me and my kind (not atheists, non-heterosexuals, that is) :). I will not be engaging in flaming or insulting and this is not an attempt at trolling, so I encourage deep and thoughtful responses. I'm not hiding anything, so you can google me if you want, but I do request that this thread stay on topic. If you have anything against me, please PM me :)
I know there have probably been threads on this in the past, but I'm more interested in discussing it with people live (or something close to it), as I prefer that to reading over old posts.
Anywho, discuss away.

this_is_new

Feb 15, 2011
✟7,706.00
Faith
Agnostic
Hello everybody! First post here at the ChristianForums. For the sake of privacy on the web, I'll refrain from posting my actual name (nothing personal, just a bit paranoid is all) so you can just call me ProspectiveDarkness or well, whatever really. (That seemed a bit apparent but anyway, enough dilly-dallying (man I love that word)) I'm an atheist and I'm 15 years old, and I'm also bisexual.
Now, I thank you for any offers of prayers and whatnot (if there aren't any I shall be promptly be feeling very embarrassed) but I wanted to know what you feel about the subject of homosexuality and bisexuality. From what I understand of your rules, a little free discussion is within the boundaries, so I would like to know what you think about me and my kind (not atheists, non-heterosexuals, that is) :). I will not be engaging in flaming or insulting and this is not an attempt at trolling, so I encourage deep and thoughtful responses. I'm not hiding anything, so you can google me if you want, but I do request that this thread stay on topic. If you have anything against me, please PM me :)
I know there have probably been threads on this in the past, but I'm more interested in discussing it with people live (or something close to it), as I prefer that to reading over old posts.
Anywho, discuss away.

I'm not an atheist, I'm agnostic nor am I a homosexual. However as long as the guys are hot I don't care.:D If it is girls... well... lol.

Upvote 0

moonkitty

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2006
✟16,945.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I am completely indifferent. Although gay bars generally have better priced drinks.
:thumbsup:

To me who someone wants to have sex with or fall in love with is a matter of taste. I don't care if some people are born gay or some choice to be gay. I do not see why we have to bring morality into it.

Upvote 0

belarm

Nov 9, 2010
✟15,142.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am completely indifferent. Although gay bars generally have better priced drinks.
The people are generally nicer, too :).
I don't have a problem with any sexual orientation (or gender identification, or lack there of, or...well, you get the idea), but then, I'm a fellow atheist and a humanist, so that probably isn't a shock. One thing I've never been able to fathom is why people care in any way what other consenting adults do with each other (in a judgmental sense, that is - curiosity I understand).

Upvote 0
Nov 17, 2010
United States
✟15,642.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Homosexuals as a section of society are often quite pleasant , at least on the surface.
Homosexuality as a sexual act is immoral, warned against in the Bible, and spoken against by the fathers of the church from New Testament times. Homosexuality was listed in medical,psychological textbooks a a mental illness,until 1972. Did homosexuality suddenly become sane? Or did enough of the psychological professors adopt this lifestyle to make it an accepted way of life? I think you know.
Anyway, I am not for KILLING homosexuals,anymore than I am for KILLING psychomaniacs. Unless they attempt something on a family member. Then all bets are off.
By the way,as this portion of "Christian Forums" has many agnostics and atheists, I did not include Scriptures to back this position.They are,of course,available on request.

Julian of York
And,yes, I am heterosexual;) Practicing ,at least occasionally, with my wife of 35 years.

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm a heterosexual atheist. I have had close friends who were homosexual, and never saw anything wrong with them being homosexual. I feel sad for them that they have to put up with stigmas about being homosexual, especially those coming from religion.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

Jan 1, 2003
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Homosexuality was listed in medical,psychological textbooks a a mental illness,until 1972. Did homosexuality suddenly become sane?

No, they had realized that it had always been sane.

Or did enough of the psychological professors adopt this lifestyle to make it an accepted way of life? I think you know.

I know better than to speculate so wildly. There's no reason why heterosexual psychologists simply discarded old and irrational prejudices against homosexuals because they were unsupported by reasoning and evidence.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Eudaimonist

Jan 1, 2003
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
From being hidden and shameful to a 'community' is just a few decades indicates that we are very close to the END.

The end of prejudice? I hope so.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Reactions: moonkitty
Upvote 0
D

DiligentlySeekingGod

Site Terms of Service:

● Do not promote homosexuality on Christian Forums. Homosexuality can only be discussed, without promotion, in Christian Communities and Faith Groups. Homosexuality may also be discussed in the Recovery and Ask a Chaplain forums solely for the purpose of seeking support with struggles overcoming same-sex attractions, and homosexual issues.

Christian Forums Terms of Service

Upvote 0

Umaro

Senior Veteran
Dec 22, 2006
✟13,505.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I wonder why people care so much. It seems like such a trivial reason to divide people. Can you imagine if we trivialized some other sexual thing instead? What if it was law that people who like rough sex can't get married, but people who are gentle can? It would be absolutely absurd, but I can assure you in some alternate universe there are people outside of funerals with signs shouting "God hates Ruffians." Rough vs gentle has exactly the same relevance to your life as if two men decide to have sex, so whats it to you?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

David Brider

Aug 18, 2004
With the Lord
✟81,010.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
Anywho, discuss away.

I'm a Christian bisexual, married to a young lady by the name of Sarah, and very supportive of LGBTQ rights, including the rights of same-sex couples to get married. Last year I joined a group of LGBTQ Christians in London's Gay Pride march, and it was a really joyful experience.

Welcome to Christian Forums.

David.

Reactions: .Iona.
Upvote 0

SithDoughnut

The Agnostic, Ignostic, Apatheistic Atheist
Jan 2, 2010
The Death Starbucks
✟18,474.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'm a Christian bisexual, married to a young lady by the name of Sarah, and very supportive of LGBTQ rights, including the rights of same-sex couples to get married. Last year I joined a group of LGBTQ Christians in London's Gay Pride march, and it was a really joyful experience.

Welcome to Christian Forums.

David.

AAAAAaaaaaaarglebaaAAAAARGGGLLleeeeyou'renotreallyaChristianAAAAaagleleviticusAAARGGLEbapaularrrgh. And so on.

I thought I'd beat everyone else to it. First!

Upvote 0

David Brider

Aug 18, 2004
With the Lord
✟81,010.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
AAAAAaaaaaaarglebaaAAAAARGGGLLleeeeyou'renotreallyaChristianAAAAaagleleviticusAAARGGLEbapaularrrgh. And so on.

I thought I'd beat everyone else to it. First!

Yes, it's been half an hour since I posted - where is everyone else?

:D

David.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.