how do you deal with a boyfriend that you are trying to bring to Christ?

secretdawn

Nov 24, 2003
Missouri
Visit site
✟783.00
Faith
Christian
You can't get him to go to God...you could try peeking his interest by watching Jesus the movie, or a discovery channel documentery on parts of the bible, or maybe he will want to learn more about it cause he cares for you and wants to know you better...but really in the end there isn't much you can do except lead by example...

Upvote 0

retooferab

Disciple
Dec 22, 2003
✟843.00
Faith
Christian
A couple things come to mind... I believe it's best to "only date who you want as a mate." Soooo, assuming you are considering this boy as a potential future husband, he needs to understand how important God is to you. Anyway, I'm sure this is all not easy to hear, but I also believe that it's best to be "equally yoked." In other words, you and your (future) spouse will have similar ties to God. It will make married and parenting life much better... So, I'm getting way ahead of everything? Sorry 'bout that. It just seems that now is the time to make some important decisions, let him know where you stand (on the Rock), and then let God be God. The timing of all this is up to Him. Well, all the best to you! Peace!

Upvote 0

Crazy Liz

Oct 28, 2003
California
✟23,305.00
Faith
Christian
littlebritches71435 said:
hey guys :help:

he is a very good guy with bad actions and i like him alot but i want him to stop trying to be like other guys. I just want him to be himself and not anyone else. What should i tell him and how can i get him to go to God?

Your loving sister

littlebritches71435
How do you know the person he appears to be when he is alone with you is really himself and the way he is around other guys is just trying to be like them? He sounds like someone who hasn't yet found himself and is still trying to impress everybody - or trying on different ways of being in different groups.

This is a characteristic of young adults. It sounds like he's probably a nice guy but not very mature yet. Give him a chance to grow up.

Upvote 0

hamster_head

Nov 18, 2003
Fresno, CA
✟149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
How do you bring him to God? I think the best answer is you let God do that. You just need to ask God what part you have...and if you don't hear an answer, keep asking. ;)

But, I think a more important issue, at least from my perspective, is why are you dating at the age of 14? I know it's fun and you probably feel the need to...but the person who spoke above about not dating someone unless it's for a potential mate is correct in their thinking. And certainly you're not ready to think about such things at this time. Myself, and many of my friends, have created some of the most painful moments of our life from dating at a young age. I know you probably won't believe me, though, because well...I didn't believe anyone who told me the same thing. =P

Upvote 0

greener_pastures

Dec 21, 2003
ohio
✟176.00
Faith
Catholic
To make a long story short, I have learned (thru trial and error) that you bring most people to God simply by your example of being a peaceful, loving, respectful person who people admire. When they find that your peace and grace comes from a close relationship to God, they want to do the same. Lead by example and let those who want to follow.

Upvote 0

cheertwin

Mar 7, 2004
✟112.00
Faith
Protestant
I don't agree with the idea of only dating those who have the same beliefs as you. While i know it may be one of the more popular views i think if we think that way how are we gonna know what type of person we want to be with if we only go out with certain people. This prob won't be a big surprise but my boyfriend is an athiest and i consider myself a strong christian. He's told me before that he doesn't have a problem with christianity and if it happens it happens but i don't htink he realizes that he won't let it. To give you my advice i would say, one of my favorite sayings, if that you should be the Bible to him. Strive to be like Jesus and he'll see the change in you. And remember "I will give you words and wisdom that none of your adversaries will be able to resist or contradict" Luke 21:15. So pray and trust that God has a plan for your boyfriend, just don't be afraid to be a part of it if God wants you to be. :)

Upvote 0

JesusInMyHeart

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
✟608.00
Faith
Christian
I agree with cheertwin

Strive to be like Jesus and he'll see the change in you. And remember "I will give you words and wisdom that none of your adversaries will be able to resist or contradict" Luke 21:15.

And also keep your boyfriend in prayer...Jesus speaks to our hearts...We feel His pain when others do wrong. So when there is a hurting tug on your heart...say a prayer for him within your heart to God. Pray for him in the morning and evening...Claim him as God's child and ask God to mold him in His precious love in every way. Pray to God that God will bring him to Jesus...That God will open your boyfriends heart to our loving Father...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HappyPrincess

Soon To Be Wife
Mar 11, 2004
Pacific Northwest
✟195.00
Faith
Baptist
Don't date someone in order to bring someone to Christ. You're lying to them. You're saying "This could go somewhere" when you know it's all a "trick" to bring them to Christ.

Be his friend, certainly. Allow God work through you, definitely. But you can be a witness without the extra complicating emotions.

Upvote 0