Ohio
✟9,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said that we must wash each other's feet. I submit Ezekiel chapter 34 as the way that we wash each others feet. We get rid of political and religious division and strife and desiring wealth.
16c41f00f1c971cdf1041b1f3e1814f7.jpg

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟125,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Jesus said that we must wash each other's feet. I submit Ezekiel chapter 34 as the way that we wash each others feet. We get rid of political and religious division and strife and desiring wealth. View attachment 347160
By Forgiveness:
John 13:

15 For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you.
16 Most assuredly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master;
nor is he who is sent greater than he who sent him.
17 If you know these things, blessed are you if you do them.

Ephesians 4:32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another,
even as God in Christ forgave you

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟9,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
By Forgiveness:
John 13:

15 For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you.
16 Most assuredly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master;
nor is he who is sent greater than he who sent him.
17 If you know these things, blessed are you if you do them.

Ephesians 4:32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another,
even as God in Christ forgave you
It's about not being polluted with hate and idolatry

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟125,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
It's about not being polluted with hate and idolatry
Sanctification of the Spirit is certainly a prerequisite to loving one another.
1 Peter 1:

22 Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart,
23 having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever,
24 because
All flesh is as grass,
And all the glory of man as the flower of the grass.
The grass withers,
And its flower falls away,
25 But the word of the Lord endures forever.
Now this is the word which by the gospel was preached to you.

Fellowship with one another in the Spirit is to "wash one another".

1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another,
and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

John 15:
12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.

13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.

Reactions: HopeSings
Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟9,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sanctification of the Spirit is certainly a prerequisite to loving one another.
1 Peter 1:

22 Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart,
23 having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever,
24 because
All flesh is as grass,
And all the glory of man as the flower of the grass.
The grass withers,
And its flower falls away,
25 But the word of the Lord endures forever.
Now this is the word which by the gospel was preached to you.

Fellowship with one another in the Spirit is to "wash one another".

1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another,
and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

John 15:
12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.

13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.
Amen

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟495,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said that we must wash each other's feet. I submit Ezekiel chapter 34 as the way that we wash each others feet. We get rid of political and religious division and strife and desiring wealth. View attachment 347160
Our church does it physically at communion. It is a symbol of cleansing out feet to walk in a new direction in Christ, like a mini baptism. It’s also a way to humble ourselves.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟9,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Our church does it physically at communion. It is a symbol of walking in a new direction in Christ like a mini baptism.
I think it's about not walking in the filthy water and pasture of greed, hate and the division of politics.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟9,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-

This is a fairly simple illustration to understand, as Jesus washes the disciples’ feet . Jesus tells them to do like wise, which is serve Him (Jesus) by serving believers in The Church.
Yes and without political contention both inside or outside of the church. We are not Pharisees who act one way in the church but another way outside of the church. We clean inside and out

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟930,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said that we must wash each other's feet.
1 Cor 11 - Paul says -- Christ tells His disciples to perform that Communion Service ceremony "for as oft as you do this you show the Lord's death until He comes".

So we literally do that both with the foot washing and the bread and the unleavened grape juice (no wine leaven).

Foot washing not only symbolizes the need for continued repentance and forgiveness - but also the need to remove all hurt feelings between brothers and sisters in Christ. So from that point on you don't see a Bible record of any more disputes among the disciples about "who shall be the greatest"

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟9,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Cor 11 - Paul says -- Christ tells His disciples to perform that Communion Service ceremony "for as oft as you do this you show the Lord's death until He comes".

So we literally do that both with the foot washing and the bread and the unleavened grape juice (no wine leaven).

Foot washing not only symbolizes the need for continued repentance and forgiveness - but also the need to remove all hurt feelings between brothers and sisters in Christ. So from that point on you don't see a Bible record of any more disputes among the disciples about "who shall be the greatest"
Politics and love for money are filthy in my opinion. I will not fellowship with it. I decide what I do in my church my friend. Communion is done according to my understanding.

• Wow
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0