How do I support Christian parents rights AND not support the people that use the term "cultural marxist"

perplexed

Jun 22, 2005
✟101,549.00
Faith
Seeker
I really should be more supportive of Christian parents that want to tell their children that sex is a special gift from God that lets people procreate and people that people that focus on sex as "being just for fun" can be become addicted to inappropriate content and have unfulfilling lives.

However people that claim there is a "cultural Marxist conspiracy" clearly have vastly oversimplified the problem so much they are going to cause more problems that they will solve

Are there any political organizations that support parents rights only and do not over simplify things by talking about a cultural Marxist conspiracy ?

Last edited:

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I really should be more supportive of Christian parents that want to tell their children that sex is a special gift from God that lets people procreate and people that people that focus on sex as "being just for fun" can be become addicted to inappropriate content and have unfulfilling lives.

However people that claim there is a "cultural Marxist conspiracy" clearly have vastly oversimplified the problem so much they are going to cause more problems that they will solve

Are there any political organizations that support parents rights only and do not over simplify things by talking about a cultural Marxist conspiracy ?
What is "cultural marxism" anyway? I've heard people, usually those who side with the alt-right, complain about it, and decry it, but I've never, ever, heard a single person ever who supported it...whatever it is.

Is it just an alt-right conspiracy theory with no basis in reality? Sure sounds like it.

-- A2SG, if you want to not support something, it'd be helpful to know what you're not supporting.....especially if no one's actually trying to support it.....

Upvote 0

perplexed

Jun 22, 2005
✟101,549.00
Faith
Seeker
-- A2SG, if you want to not support something, it'd be helpful to know what you're not supporting.....especially if no one's actually trying to support it.....
??? why do I need to define cultural Marxism to want to avoid supporting people that complain about cultural Marxism if I have noticed they have oversimplified things ? To be specific I have noticed that whenever people complain about cultural Marxism say that the only reason that support for gay marriage has increased in the last 50 years it that some Marxists from the Frankfurt school decided to sneaky and win the culture wars by telling lies . I don't see why the definition is important and I suspect that the people that use the term just like using buzz words and don't understand the value of having well defined terms so it is pointless to discuss the definition.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
??? why do I need to define cultural Marxism to want to avoid supporting people that complain about cultural Marxism if I have noticed they have oversimplified things ?
Well, if you want to support, or avoid supporting, something...it does help to know what that thing is.

To be specific I have noticed that whenever people complain about cultural Marxism say that the only reason that support for gay marriage has increased in the last 50 years it that some Marxists from the Frankfurt school decided to sneaky and win the culture wars by telling lies . I don't see why the definition is important and I suspect that the people that use the term just like using buzz words and don't understand the value of having well defined terms so it is pointless to discuss the definition.
You don't need Marx, or any marxist theory, to understand the legal issues behind same-sex marriage...in the US, anyway. Put simply, there is no constitutional basis for any state to deny a legal contract between two participants based solely on the sex of the participants.

That's it.

Any theories beyond that involve more issues than US contract law, and are entirely beside the point.

Though...I still remain unclear on what marxism, cultural or otherwise, has to do with marriage licenses, so I'm not sure how this figures into whatever "cultural marxism" is anyway.

-- A2SG, still haven't heard from a single person supporting whatever it is either......

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That would be relevant if I said I want to avoid supporting cultural Marxism.
That is not what I said.
Fine....but if you're gonna bring it up, for whatever reason, it would still help to know what the heck it is.

I still have no idea.

Especially since no one seems to be actually advocating it, or even supporting it in any way whatsoever.

-- A2SG, seems like a fake boogeyman to me.....

• Agree
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

perplexed

Jun 22, 2005
✟101,549.00
Faith
Seeker
Fine....but if you're gonna bring it up, for whatever reason, it would still help to know what the heck it is.

I still have no idea.

Especially since no one seems to be actually advocating it, or even supporting it in any way whatsoever.

-- A2SG, seems like a fake boogeyman to me.....
??? A search of this website for the terms gets plenty of hits

1692617376080.png

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
??? A search of this website for the terms gets plenty of hits

View attachment 334871
And none of them seem to be advocating or supporting it, just complaining about it, decrying it, or comparing it to being "woke", which is also only vaguely defined, at best.

So, what is it, exactly?

-- A2SG, and why should anyone be worried about it......

• Optimistic
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟909,665.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
And none of them seem to be advocating or supporting it, just complaining about it, decrying it, or comparing it to being "woke", which is also only vaguely defined, at best.

So, what is it, exactly?

-- A2SG, and why should anyone be worried about it......

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

The most effective way to support Christians is pretty easy - recognize their belief system as valid - whether others agree with it or not. Dog Whistles like "cultural Marxism" are useless because the definition of it changes from moment to moment and person to person. That is what in part, makes it a dog whistle.

Supporting Christian parents is as easy as saying:

I understand you believe that sex is a gift from God designed for pleasure between a man and his wife and is purposed also to procreate. I support you in your beliefs -

Pretty easy and no dog whistles needed

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah, I kinda figured it was an alt-right conspiracy theory with no basis in actual reality.

-- A2SG, like so many others.....

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah, I kinda figured it was an alt-right conspiracy theory with no basis in actual reality.

-- A2SG, like so many others.....
Bumpersticker politics has always been a trope in this Nation.

• Agree
Reactions: A2SG
Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bumpersticker politics has always been a trope in this Nation.

I'll also state, if a politician is pushing "bumper sticker politics" then run away. There may be exceptions but typically, in my experience, they are bad "public servants." This started for me with a couple of politicians that ran as "good ol' boys" in the 70s and 80s, where they never campaigned on policies but only on what a friend they were to the common person.

• Winner
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The most effective way to support Christians is pretty easy - recognize their belief system as valid - whether others agree with it or not. Dog Whistles like "cultural Marxism" are useless because the definition of it changes from moment to moment and person to person. That is what in part, makes it a dog whistle.

Supporting Christian parents is as easy as saying:

I understand you believe that sex is a gift from God designed for pleasure between a man and his wife and is purposed also to procreate. I support you in your beliefs -

Pretty easy and no dog whistles needed
Yeah, I don't quite get it.
Typically in free democratic first world nations they allow people to have religious beliefs and to belong to religious organisations.
Typically people are allowed to tell their own children whatever they want, even about procreation and/or religious beliefs.

So what is the problem?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, I don't quite get it.
Typically in free democratic first world nations they allow people to have religious beliefs and to belong to religious organisations.
Typically people are allowed to tell their own children whatever they want, even about procreation and/or religious beliefs.

So what is the problem?
I don’t perceive one personally

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

Here’s an idea, let’s stop talking about sex all of the time?
Let sex happen…how bad could it be, really!?
We’re sexual creatures trying to emulate spiritual-truths with mortal bodies; do you think it coincidence that early gods were fertility gods? Hello?

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Here’s an idea, let’s stop talking about sex all of the time?
Let sex happen…how bad could it be, really!?
We’re sexual creatures trying to emulate spiritual-truths with mortal bodies; do you think it coincidence that early gods were fertility gods? Hello?
Eostre the godess of Easter (which subsequently got repurposed) is a fertility god. Bunnies and eggs are symbols of fertility.

Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Eostre the godess of Easter (which subsequently got repurposed) is a fertility god. Bunnies and eggs are symbols of fertility.
If the world’s supply of chocolate was lost, suicides would skyrocket.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Gramscian method is common to the identical copycat factions (viz the novel Animal Farm).

Change in the world is not effectively effected by "influencing" as many people of religion have not realised yet.
Somebody should pointed this out to Satan before all the brouhaha?

Upvote 0