How do I get back to fellowship with Jesus?

grayED

Wimoweh
Oct 9, 2010
Philippines
✟15,171.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Its been a long time (almost a month) since I've been able to enjoy His fellowship (reason: fell into sin) and I really miss Jesus. I know and I remember before when I was praying that He was there with me. I know it. My heart would fill with joy, and I mean it really was joy you couldn't get anywhere else.

My heart's been empty for so long. I've been going to church, but I remember the "joy we share, as we tarry there". I almost cry when I think about it and how foolish I was to lose that fellowship with Him.

I don't know how I've lived this long, and I don't think I can live any longer like this. I want Him.

xxkingskidlmxx

He died for you, why not live for Him
Sep 8, 2006
✟15,293.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Single
Its been a long time (almost a month) since I've been able to enjoy His fellowship (reason: fell into sin) and I really miss Jesus. I know and I remember before when I was praying that He was there with me. I know it. My heart would fill with joy, and I mean it really was joy you couldn't get anywhere else.

My heart's been empty for so long. I've been going to church, but I remember the "joy we share, as we tarry there". I almost cry when I think about it and how foolish I was to lose that fellowship with Him.

I don't know how I've lived this long, and I don't think I can live any longer like this. I want Him.
know how you feel and whats it like being lost. Falling into sin, no matter how bad leads us to the throne of grace. Thats what Jesus gave his blood for and we know that we all need it. Having lived as long as we have (for most of us aren't spring chickens that were just laid yesterday) and God is gracious to forgive. Our only job is not to believe his lies, may the blood that sets you free be as a reminder of the power to see us as God sees us. White as snow.

Upvote 0

Peripatetic

Restless mind, peaceful soul.
Feb 28, 2010
✟22,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You can always find your way back. Go and read the story of the Prodigal Son (Luke 15:11-32). If you already know it, read it again because there are some important details. Look at this part from verse 20:

“But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him."

First, it says "while he was still a long way off". That means that God knows your heart and knows that you want to come back to Him as soon as you do.

Next, it says, "his father saw him and was filled with compassion". That shows you that he forgives you and wants you back.

Finally, it says, "he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him." This tells you that God still loves you and has so much affection that he will run to meet you when you head back His way. He doesn't like sin, but he loves you. Don't forget that.

Upvote 0

GaryP

Apr 28, 2009
✟16,466.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Private
I noticed that you did not mention the Father in Heaven. Jesus always pointed to the Father. Jesus said, It is Finished. Falling in and out of some conceived fellowship is not
being "Finished". Either you are connected to the Father in Heaven or you are not. It is not a game, based on your feelings or your actions, one day this, one day that.
The acts of Jesus and the Father in Heaven are not based on your daily emotions.
Nothing you can do, think or say can have any effect on what has been done
2000 plus years ago. Either you are free or bound, your choice.

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟97,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Contrary to what some believe its not that easy to get separated from our Father. The Father and Jesus dealt with the sin issue over 2000 years ago, so with that hurdle out of the road, we can confess and get on with living in our unbroken relationship with our God.

Rom 8:31-39
31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all — how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33 Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died — more than that, who was raised to life — is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 As it is written:

"For your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered."

37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Paul, addressing a pagan audience told them: "For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.'". Acts 17:28

God remains intimately involved with his beloved image bearers, even though they don't even recognise that.

We all need to ponder these verses and let their significance get into our innermost being. God does not separate Himself from us. He loves us far too much, even in our rebellion .."while we were still enemies..."

John
NZ

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Orahh

Apr 25, 2009
NSW, Australia
✟15,334.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I can tell you as a person who for almost a year, was kind of living for God, but really had my heart set on my own desires, don't lose sight of your desire to be close with God once again.
My thought is, when we get into a place where we feel disconnected from God it's either sin, particarly not wanting to do something god wants or satan trying to make us think God is hard to approach.
My advice is firstly, read proverbs 3:5-6. This is an amzing verse, proclaiming that when we forget what we think we know and just have trust for God, then we can clearly see where our lives are going.
The second thing I highly recomend, is putting yourself in a challenging position. Whether it is something like sharing the gospel, speaking at church, organising a church related day or group, whatever it is, let God challenge you to do something totally out of your comfort zone. In that, you will have no choice but to rely on God and be seeking him, so you can do your best at whatever the challenge is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums