how do christians feel about abortion?

Ariadne_GR said:
So you advocate for the mother in such a case to die during pregnancy or child birth. The idea that people with that mindset exist in the world is truly frightening.

I have had the honor of knowing individuals who gave their lives for their fellow soldiers I have to assume that the nature of that bond is not nearly as strong as the mother child bond. I condemn no woman to die for their child I simply belive that most when push came to shove would.

I have known women who have had abortions and I yet to know one that did not regret it now I realize that is not exactly scientific it just seems to me that it was never truly the womans heartfelt decision that extrinsic factors and ease of access without having time to truely make up their mind led to their decision not in anyway did they have a sense of control over their own body. We all know medically necessary abortions will in no circumstance be outlawed.

Upvote 0

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I have had the honor of knowing individuals who gave their lives for their fellow soldiers I have to assume that the nature of that bond is not nearly as strong as the mother child bond. I condemn no woman to die for their child I simply belive that most when push came to shove would.

I have known women who have had abortions and I yet to know one that did not regret it now I realize that is not exactly scientific it just seems to me that it was never truly the womans heartfelt decision that extrinsic factors and ease of access without having time to truely make up their mind led to their decision not in anyway did they have a sense of control over their own body.
The various longitudinal studies beg to differ.

We all know medically necessary abortions will in no circumstance be outlawed.
On the contrary, the Religious Right is pushing for that very thing.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
Who cares if it is an emergency. Once that baby is accidentally born, no more harm can come to the mother. The damage would be done. At that point it becomes an issue of whether or not the mother wants the baby. Yes, an abortion should happen if the mother's life depends on it. But the whole point would be to get the baby out. Once it is out, there is no sense in killing it. You would only kill a baby at that point because it would be convenient to the mother.

Right, except late term abortions of the DNX variety (referred to using the not-at-all-emotive-and-propagandist term "partial birth abortion") - which is what this whole kerfuffle was over - weren't carried out for convenience.

They were usually carried out on anencephalic/hydrocephalic foetuses which were unlikely to survive long if at all ex utero, or on mothers suddenly diagnosed with potentially fatal illness whose prognosis improved with immediate treatment, such as cancer.

Again, it really is amazing how some people can let their ignorance go uncorrected for four years.

Upvote 0