How do are you supposed to feel before and during witnessing to someone?

Lzz

Oct 17, 2023
NZ
✟9,355.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Immature Christian with a fear around witnessing or sharing the gospel but I know it's important, so tried today with someone, had a quick pray first, but didn't sense the presence of God or anything (I have in other situations when just by myself), so it made me wonder what's normal.
FYI we had a brief convo, turned out they were already saved so took their word for it lol.
Could it be because of that or because God didn't approve it or something? Do you wait for a feeling of being authorised to say something or is it normal to feel nothing? IDK

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟84,331.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I usually do get a bit excited I get so share the gospel, but I don't feel anything spiritually.

Quite a few times in my life I just knew God opened a window to share gospel.

Could it be because of that or because God didn't approve it or something?
This is something I worry about too, what if I am just making an excusr not to share the gospel. I think God always approves of us sharing the gospel.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-
It should be like breathing air, something that is just done, the message is simple. To receive God's free gift of Eternal Life salvation believe in Jesus. That is believe Jesus is the resurrection and the life, The promised Messiah, The only begotten Son of God.

Upvote 0

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Humility is first word. There's lost souls in the world headed for hell. Christian people should be productive. Planting seeds for God. Documentation, James chapter 6.

Christian people are instruments in God's hand. The holy spirit is the factor.
Documentation, John chapter 15 .

Christian people should feel good about serving God, to witness to sinners.

Pride is of satan. It's self worship and self centered.
Proverbs 20:11. Even child is known by his doings, whether his work be pure, and whether it be right.

One is accurate.
Other is incorrect.

Which term applys here??

One servant was profitable.
Another person is unprofitable.

If silver or gold is refined. Will impurities become dross???.

We understand this. ?

If something is accurate. Whats the results ???.

20:27 . The spirt of man is the candle of the Lord, Searching all the inward parts of the belly.

If someone lacks knowledge of Gods word. How productive is the Christian ???
God is looking at the person spirtual condition. A elevation is done.

If the Christian is spirtualty dead. Then the person is unprofitable.

If Christian is qualified teacher. Then it's profitable.

One is accurate.
One is incorrect.

Peter chapter 4. Judgement starts with house of God. Jesus will judge pastors, evangelists and teachers when He arrives 7th trump.

Rewards or punishment.

Upvote 0

EverydayBread

Aug 9, 2021
Uusimaa
✟30,755.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello! I totally understand your concern. We as christians are excited to share something that we feel so blessed about. And I am sure, a lot of people who aren't christians are very interested to hear us. Of course, because we are not forcing anyone to listen!

For example for a few times people have asked me whether I am a christian, even when I had not told them about my faith.

But dear friend, do we have to have a feeling of "sensing the presence of God", when we know for sure God is by our side? When you were alone in your prayer room, God promised to stay with you wherever you might go, and He doesn't break His promises but He stays loyal.

I heard someone wise say that God works in people's hearts even before we approach them (like in the example of Acts 8:26-40). And it makes sense to me!

2 Timothy 2:11-13
11 This is a faithful saying: For if we died with Him, We shall also live with Him.
12 If we endure, We shall also reign with Him. If we deny Him, He also will deny us.
13 If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself.

Matthew 6:6
But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.

Acts 8:29-35
29 Then the Spirit said to Philip, "Go near and overtake this chariot."
30 So Philip ran to him, and heard him reading the prophet Isaiah, and said, "Do you understand what you are reading?"
31 And he said, "How can I, unless someone guides me?" And he asked Philip to come up and sit with him.
32 The place in the Scripture which he read was this: "He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; And as a lamb before its shearer is silent, So He opened not His mouth.
33 In His humilation His justice was taken away, And who will declare His generation? For His life was taken from the earth."
34 So the eunuh answered Philip and said, "I ask you, of whom does the prophet say this, of himself or of some other man?"
35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning at this Scripture, preached Jesus to him.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
charity edifies, ask yourselves guys, how can a forum ( those who teach on it) show charity when it shows the very opposite, it loves in word tongue and text.

Matthew 12:37
For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
James 3:1
My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.

1 Corinthians 8:1
Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.

James 3:6
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.

1 John 3:
16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
thats not according to scripture, we are to NOT FOLLOW EN THOUSAND INSTRUCTORS, we are to follows the examples we have ONLY..

1 Corinthians 4:
9 For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men.
10 We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we are weak, but ye are strong; ye are honourable, but we are despised.
11 Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace;
12 And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it:
13 Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.
14 I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.
15 For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

Philippians 3:
17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.
18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
thats following the example of the apostles, and we are warned specifically to NOT FOLLOW THED SUBTLE FALSE APOSTLES-MINISTERS.

2 Corinthians 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Upvote 0