How come every rule, law, industry, country seems to be against the USA right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟253,461.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The story is false. Texas officials didn’t prevent the Feds from saving anyone
Did you read my post?

I acknowledged that the people were dead (unbeknownst to the BP and the Texas authorities) at the time the BP were trying to get into the part to save their lives.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟334,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is it just me, when seeing "BP," my thoughts go to the petroleum company BP? At least part of it likely has to do with how much BP was in the news about a decade ago, in that same general area of the country (though a bit east, with Louisiana the most affected).

• Agree
Reactions: stevil
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟150,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is it just me, when seeing "BP," my thoughts go to the petroleum company BP? At least part of it likely has to do with how much BP was in the news about a decade ago, in that same general area of the country (though a bit east, with Louisiana the most affected).
If you’re talking about me I have nothing to do with British Petroleum.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟150,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(In the quote above I've pieced the two things that seemed related and the bit you had in the middle of those two is quoted below)
So it seems the Border Patrol knew of the potential danger to the lives of people crossing the river and wanted to go to save them, and probably arrest them too.
They were blocked by the Texas officials who also didn't know whether the people were in danger or dead, and said to Border partrol that they would not be allowed in, even if people's lives were in immanent danger.

AFTER the fact: It turned out that by the time Border patrol had made it to the border of the park, this woman and her two children were already dead.

But this doesn't make the Texas officials look any better.
1. At least Border Patrol cared enough to try and save lives
2. Texas officials didn't care if people were in imminent danger or not, they weren't going to let Border Patrol in, even if BP could have saved lives.

In this case BP look like the good guys, Texas authorities look evil.

This doesn't help explain what was going on at all. Who is Collin Rugg? His post is light on facts and dripping with propoganda.
Also there is no factual explanation offered for what is going on in that video.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟150,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you want to suggest that using language that primes the populace for genocide is good, your moral compass is shattered. He’s talking about refugees, including women and children, as an invasion. As a problem militarily for this country. Trump said they are poisoning the blood of our country. This is the language used to turn up the heat to get people nearer to the idea they can be killed if they are a problem. It doesn’t matter if they entered here legally or illegally. That is vile. Stop defending it.

This website should shut down every person that talks like this. It is a black eye for Christianity. I though Christianity was supposed to be better than this.

Or maybe I was taught wrong for 25 years and this disgusting excrement is exactly what Christianity is. It would explain a lot.
The only one talking about killing anyone is you. You should take your own advice and tune down the hyperbole.

• Agree
Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟269,386.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
The only one talking about killing anyone is you. You should take your own advice and tune down the hyperbole.

I’m not the one calling immigrants, many of them women and children, “an invasion”. I’m not the one saying they will be a problem for the U.S. “militarily.” How about you tell that person to turn down the hyperbole?

That’s right, you can’t. You have to ignore anyone outside of the group pointing out the problems and protect those in your group, even if it ends up destroying your religion. It’s not the media or higher education or liberals, or the LGBTQ community that’s destroying Christianity. It’s Christian’s themselves.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟150,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is the purpose of the razor wire to kill immigrants and to get between them and border patrol so that they can't be arrested?
Preventing them from entering the US illegally would eliminate the need to arrest them, and if they’re seeking asylum they should go to a port of entry. But they are not being killed or arrested. They’re getting an order to appear in court and being released into the US.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟150,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’m not the one calling immigrants, many of them women and children, “an invasion”. I’m not the one saying they will be a problem for the U.S. “militarily.” How about you tell that person to turn down the hyperbole?

That’s right, you can’t. Just like a cult, you have to ignore anyone outside of the group pointing out the problems and protect those in your group, even if it ends up destroying your religion. It’s not the media or higher education or liberals, or the LGBTQ community that’s destroying Christianity. It’s Christian’s themselves.
I’m sorry I just can’t take you seriously. I’m not in a group with anyone here.
Invasion is a pretty accurate term for what is happening. I’m not sure what this has to do with the military except that there are a lot of unaccompanied young men that some have described as being military aged.
I’m wondering if you’re a Christian since you have so much concern for preserving Christianity, your profile doesn’t say.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟269,386.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Invasion is a pretty accurate term for what is happening. I’m not sure what this has to do with the military except that there are a lot of unaccompanied young men that some have described as being military aged.
I’m wondering if you’re a Christian since you have so much concern for preserving Christianity, your profile doesn’t say.

This is how you get people to go along with genocide. Use language that paints the target of the genocide as enemy combatants and it’s real easy to justify the need to kill them. You are a party to it.

Unfortunately there are a lot of Christians in this country. It would behoove us if they didn’t start drifting toward rationalizing genocide. I’d prefer Christianity to just dissolve but that isn’t in the realm of reality so I’m left to make sure they don’t go off the deep end.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟150,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is how you get people to go along with genocide. Use language that paints the target of the genocide as enemy combatants and it’s real easy to justify the need to kill them. You are a party to it.

Unfortunately there are a lot of Christians in this country. It would behoove us if they didn’t start drifting toward rationalizing genocide. I’d prefer Christianity to just dissolve but that isn’t in the realm of reality so I’m left to make sure they don’t go off the deep end.
The only genocide being suggested is in your imagination.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟569,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

I'm a Christian and I agree with him. The language used by many on the right towards immigrants is disgusting.

The only genocide being suggested is in your imagination.
Where does the right's rhetoric on this lead? You're already dehumanizing people.

• Agree
Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟150,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm a Christian and I agree with him. The language used by many on the right towards immigrants is disgusting.

Where does the right's rhetoric on this lead? You're already dehumanizing people.
Please post my comments where I dehumanized someone

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟150,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was referring to the royal "you", but your comment about the invasion is in that direction.
I’m referring to an incursion by a large number of people into a sovereign country . There is nothing dehumanizing about saying that a large number of people are entering our country illegally and a great many others are entering seeking asylum without being properly vetted.
And your argument of where does the rhetoric lead is nothing more than what you like to call the slippery slope fallacy

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.