Arcadia
✟197,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In my experience in many different assemblies , their explanation of salvation is different .

So can we know if our salvation is REAL ?

#1 One says , saved by the 10 commandments ?

#2 Others say SAVED by WATER BAPTISM ?

#3 Even says , we will never know until the RAPTURE ?

#4 Some say saved by GRACE ?

#5 Some say saved by WORKS ?

#6 Some say , that if you speak in TONGUES ?

#7 Only if you are one of the 140,000 can you be sure ?

#8 You are saved if you are one of God's ELECT ?

#9 I went with my folks to church for fifty years , so I MUST be saved ?

#9 I believe that there is ONLY one way to really know that we are SAVED and 1 Cor n15:29 says if we are BAPTIZED for the dead is proof that will be raised from the dead and confirms that we are saved .

What say you ?

dan p

Last edited:

atpollard

Jun 18, 2017
Florida
✟116,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
[Romans 10:9-13 CSB]
9 If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 One believes with the heart, resulting in righteousness, and one confesses with the mouth, resulting in salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, Everyone who believes on him will not be put to shame, 12 since there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, because the same Lord of all richly blesses all who call on him. 13 For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.

God’s word seems clear enough that a person can KNOW (with absolute certainty) whether or not they have done it or not and whether they are saved or not. Now the church (building full of local people) may have lots of opinions, but I was under the impression that GOD makes the final decision and God has told us what God wants and expects. So to quote my Pentecostal friend, “Whose report are you going to believe?”

Reactions: sandman
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The Gospel of John explains it beautifully.

“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.

A few more stating the same beautiful truth

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

“He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is
condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only
begotten Son of God.

He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”

Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believe in Me has everlasting life.

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”
She said to Him, “Yes, Lord, I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God, who is to come into the world.”

but these are written that you may believe that Jesu
s is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In my experience in many different assemblies , their explanation of salvation is different .

#8 You are saved if you are one og God's ELECT ?

#9 I went with my folks to church for fifty years , so I my be saved ?

What say you ?

dan p
No mention of His Holy Spirit living in the believer? This is how we know we are in the Kingdom of God where Jesus Christ of Nazareth is our Lord and King. His grace unleashed His Spirit and by our works fruits of His Spirit come to fruition. Blessings

Upvote 0

atpollard

Jun 18, 2017
Florida
✟116,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No mention of His Holy Spirit living in the believer? This is how we know we are in the Kingdom of God where Jesus Christ of Nazareth is our Lord and King. His grace unleashed His Spirit and by our works fruits of His Spirit come to fruition. Blessings
How do I (as a hypothetical new believer) know if the Holy Spirit is in me?
How do I (as any believer) know if the Holy Spirit is in somebody else?

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them."

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟826,432.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The indwelling Holy Spirit is your personal guarantee, but it can be really hard to know if someone else has the Holy Spirit working in them as maria-billingsley pointed out there are wolves in sheep's clothing out there. The truth does come out in their actions which they might be hiding.

Upvote 0

atpollard

Jun 18, 2017
Florida
✟116,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The indwelling Holy Spirit is your personal guarantee
I am not going to let you get away with so vague an answer. A newly minted baby Christian is full of questions and doubts and excitement and EVERYTHING is new … so how can THEY know if they have the Holy Spirit in them? It is all well and good to tell them that IF THEY HAVE IT then the HS is their personal guarantee, but you still left them wondering IF they have it?

They’re a practitioners of Voodoo that “feel something”, so our feelings are a terrible yardstick for making such judgements. So what advice do you have for a new Christian that might read this?

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟826,432.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am not going to let you get away with so vague an answer. A newly minted baby Christian is full of questions and doubts and excitement and EVERYTHING is new … so how can THEY know if they have the Holy Spirit in them? It is all well and good to tell them that IF THEY HAVE IT then the HS is their personal guarantee, but you still left them wondering IF they have it?
OK I agree with your question. I working in the prison ministry and I saw prisoners, who on the day they were baptized stood before their former gang, handed over all their weapons and any other possessions and boldly present Christ with words they had not learned. Yes, all were severely beaten by their former gang and/or other gangs they had fought in the past. These brand-new converts had wisdom, courage, boldness and Love I only could imagine.

Don’t you have to put these spirits to a test, to see if it is the Holy Spirit or another demon spirit?

Quit thinking and saying: “I can’t”, which is true, but the Spirit within you can easily do it, if you allow the Spirit the freedom.

Set out your fleas for the morning dew and see if it is totally dry.

Most of the converts that the Spirit worked through me to bring to Christ, shot right by me in their Spiritual growth. I think we (I) do what we (I) can to squelch the growth of the new convert, by our (my) poor example and holding them back, with “you need to wait a while”. I would do better following their boldness.

• Love
Reactions: atpollard
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

#9 I went with my folks to church for fifty years , so I my be saved ?

What say you ?

dan p
In Psalms 119:29-30, David wanted to put false ways far from him, for God to be gracious to him by teaching him to obey His law, and he chose the way of faith by choosing to obey God's law, so this has always been the one and only way of salvation by grace through faith. In Exodus 33:13, Moses wanted God to be gracious to him by teaching him how to walk in His way that he might know Him and Israel too, which is eternal life (John 17:3), which is again salvation by grace through faith. In Genesis 6:8-9, Noah found grace in the eyes of God, he was a righteous man, and he walked with God, so God taught him how to walk in His way by grace and he was righteous because he obeyed through faith, so he was saved by grace through faith by the same means as Abraham (Genesis 15:6) and everyone else. In Genesis 5:21-24, Enoch faithfully walked with God, so he was saved grace through faith. In Hebrews 11:4, by faith Abel brought God a better offering than Cain did, by faith he was commended as righteous, when God spoke well of his offerings, and by faith Abel still speaks, even though he is dead, so Abel was the first person saved by grace through faith, if not Adam and Eve if they believed the promise (Genesis 3:15).

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟324,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

#9 I went with my folks to church for fifty years , so I MUST be saved ?

#9 I believe that there is ONLY one way to really know that we are SAVED and 1 Cor n15:29 says if we are BAPTIZED for the dead is proof that will be raised from the dead and confirms that we are saved .

What say you ?

dan p
We don't know with 100%, absolute certainty until the end of our lives, when He gives His just judgement. God, alone, knows with that kind of certainty whose names are written in the Book of Life, and whose are not

Upvote 0

Dah'veed

Jan 23, 2023
Zion
✟26,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Eph 1:4 reads that we were CHOSEN , BEFORE / PRO the foundation of the world , seems to , without a doubt , are always are CHOSEN FOR eternity , and God does not make WRONG CHOICES , does He ?
In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace Eph 1:4-8

Through Him we have received grace and apostleship for obedience to the faith among all nations for His name, among whom you also are the called of Jesus Christ; Rom 1:5-6

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dah'veed

Jan 23, 2023
Zion
✟26,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
“He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already..." John 3:18, 2 Thess 2:12

But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord Jesus Christ, because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth, 2 Thess 2:13

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
SORRY I missed it and here it is !!

#1 Indwelt by Holy Spirit , Rom 8:9 !!

#2 Indwelt by , Lord Jesus Christ , Col 1:27 !

#3 Indwelt by the FATHER , Eph 4:6 !!

dan p

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟736,252.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Salvation is by faith in Jesus. While a person has faith that their sin is covered they are saved. However, sin has a blinding effect, we must persevere in righteousness, not give into sin. If we persistently give into sin we can become blind to the truth and lose our salvation.

Heb 3:13 but exhort one another daily, while it is called "TODAY," lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

We must:

Php 2:12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Salvation is by faith in Jesus. While a person has faith that their sin is covered they are saved. However, sin has a blinding effect, we must persevere in righteousness, not give into sin. If we persistently give into sin we can become blind to the truth and lose our salvation.

Heb 3:13 but exhort one another daily, while it is called "TODAY," lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

We must:

Php 2:12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
The Hebrew 3:13 , the word TODAY is mentioned in verses , 7.13 , 15 , and twice in Heb 4:7 and Hebrews was written to the HEBREWS and NOT to the Body of CHRIST .

and just what does Phil 2:12 by the words , Work out your own salvation with FEAR and TREMBLING .

dan p

Upvote 0

Veni

Jul 6, 2022
Kuala Lumpur
✟18,305.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The only way for Salvation is, by interpreting Revelation. One must understand the meaning of the beast & the mark of the beast.

When you understand the beast, you will see Our Lord & believe. Your faith will be unbreakable.

But do not judge the beast, for it is not you who will defeat the beast.

Revelation 15
And I saw what looked like a sea of glass glowing with fire and, standing beside the sea, those who had been victorious over the beast and its image and over the number of its name. They held harps given them by God.

Matthew 7
"Ask and it will be given to you; Seek and you will find; Knock and the door will be opened to you"

Upvote 0