• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

How can I just take the abuse

alilsa

Dec 27, 2004
Alabama
✟1,509.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I can't stop getting abused, and today was worse. I got really hurt on my job but since I can't just quit yet, I have to put up with getting abused. I have a big bruies from getting hit hard. I get yelled at and I can't help it. I can't understand what the leader says, he has a speech problem. He got angry and ripped the door off the small freezer at work and threw it. I got hit with it. The manager just chewed me out because I am suppose to do my job and part of his, too. I got abused but I tried hard to not cry since I'm not suppose to cut at work. But I still got burned, cuts and bruises from work. So, do I try to think of happy things, think of songs to sing silently, shut out what is going on around me just to get through my day, what? I tried splitting but then I had trouble paying attention so splitting made it worse. I feel worth less because I have to just take getting abused but I can't do anything about it right now. I really wanted to cut myself alot worse than I did but just made bad scratches on my arms and was burning myself to try to reduce the stress.

Mz_Heidi

Mar 15, 2005
Toronto
✟7,635.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I Honestly Think That You Should Get a New Job! Why Dont You Search For New Jobs? I Never Heard Of Kind Of Jobs Where They Can JusT Abuse You And Get Away With It. Please It Is Not Worth Keeping It When It Is Making You Feel Worthless And If It Makes You Wanna Give Up In Live. Just Keep Trying. God Has A Plan For You! Dont Give That Up. Can't You Sue Them For Hurting You So Much?

Upvote 0

Godlovesusall

Apr 12, 2004
St. John
✟7,916.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
First off, don't ever think you have to stand there and accept abuse. EVER. It is WRONG, no matter how much you are struggling finacially, something will come along, a church will help you out, something, but you need to get out of your workplace immediately, contact the police, and take them to court. Abuse, whether it be physical, emotional or any other form, is UNACCEPTABLE. It will destroy you emotionally if you don't get out now. I will pray that you can gather the courage, God Bless!

Your Sis in Christ,
D.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Godsgirl481

The Dark Wolf
Jul 13, 2004
✟20,687.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ummm...you look like you are in the good ol USA....you have something here called Labor Laws, Child Labor Laws if you are under 18...Employer Laws, OSHA Laws...you do not have to loose your job to make this better. No employee in America has to put up with that...that is crazy. Go to the work force in your city and make a complaint about this. You can even sue them for loads of money...and WIN!!!!

Upvote 0

madison1101

Senior Veteran
Sep 17, 2004
Pennsylvania
✟5,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Go to the police station and file charges of assault on the angry freezer door thrower. Also, contact the people in upper management about this supervisor's poor management skills. If it is a small company, get out. Go on workmen's compensation for the medical injuries you received from the door hitting you.

The federal government has laws to protect you.

Trish

Upvote 0

JustSomeGuy

Aug 29, 2003
Tennessee
Visit site
✟15,233.00
Faith
Christian
I agree that this is more than simply harrasment, this is assault. The managers will go to jail for this. Companies can't get away with that sort of thing. I should have sued my first employeer for something much more minor than what you've gone through. I didn't because I gave them the benefit of the doubt that it was just one person in the company causing the problem. I found out later that all of the management knew about that person and didn't care. That is until he started stealing money from them.

But back to your situation. I would go to the police and charge anyone that laid a hand on you or threw anything at you with assault. Then if their superiors knew of their behaviour before, I would sue the company for creating a hostile work environment and harrasment. I would think that a lawyer would probably even take the case and agree to be paid after since it's almost a sure thing that you would win.

Upvote 0

alilsa

Dec 27, 2004
Alabama
✟1,509.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry, I shouldn't have raised a fuss. It was my fault, I deserved to get hit. The man was handicapped and was mad because I didn't understand what he said and was ignoring him at times. He can't help it he's slow and don't speak clear, I should have tried harder to understand but I didn't. It was my fault I got hit, I shouldn't have made him mad. I work at a fast food restuarant and some of the employees are considered to be handicapped. Me, I'm just crazy is all. I ended up shutting out others a little too much to get my work done, I should have paid alittle more attention to the others and helped the poor kid. But the whole abuse thing did trigger some memories of abuse from earlier times. I'm sorry, it was my fault I got hit and yelled at, I made others angry. But, I did talk myself into putting the boxcutter down without any serious cuts to my arms, mostly just scratches and burns. We have to get used to cuts, burns, and bruises. I was trying to calm down when I wasn't all there (disscocitive) or something. I couldn't even hear someone 2 feet from me at the time (a little later). It is hard to pray in this kind of state and I tried burning myself to get me down and some mild cutting. But I still asked what to do to take getting hurt at work and how to calm down from whatever I had. Sometimes though when I get too preoccupied with getting my work done, the manager will yell at me and throw stuff at me like timers or a biscuit or ice. Sorry, I'm crazy too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pegatha

Apr 26, 2004
✟1,433.00
Faith
Non-Denom
alilsa said:
I'm sorry, I shouldn't have raised a fuss. It was my fault, I deserved to get hit. The man was handicapped and was mad because I didn't understand what he said and was ignoring him at times. He can't help it he's slow and don't speak clear, I should have tried harder to understand but I didn't. It was my fault I got hit, I shouldn't have made him mad.
No, dear, no matter what you think you did wrong, it is not your fault you got hit. This man has poor judgement and poor coping skills, and it was his choice to hit you. If you don't press charges, you run the risk of two things:

1) He will continue to hit you, because he knows you'll just put up with it.

2) He will eventually injure someone, whether it's you or the next person who ticks him off.

Please--for your own sake--for the sake of the next person he's tempted to lash out at--and for his sake (because he's going to get himself into big trouble, sooner or later, if he's not stopped)--report this to the police and to higher management. And don't hesitate to press charges; you could be saving someone from serious injury later on down the road.

Upvote 0

BlackRain

Dec 21, 2004
texas
✟8,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
you don't need to harm yourself to calm down...you don't need to purposefully harm yourself at all, for any matter. really think about it, ok? if this job is causing you to do that, QUIT! anything that is causing that behavior isn't healthy for you to be around. please consider quitting...for your sake...and safety. i'm sure you'll be able to find another job, a job that has a better environment.

Upvote 0