Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God gave me a chance to become a Pope, and I failed miserably. Me not becoming a Pope is not a loss for God, there are probably more elected people to fill this vacancy.
Whatever it is that God is punishing me for now, it doesn't make my current situation any better. I want to know how to get out of this situation. Reading my Bible and praying a lot does not seem to do the trick. I have spent 7 months in this mental jail I'm stuck in and nothing helped me. I have had countless people pray for me, pastors helping me. I know I made wrong choices,but how in hell does He allow this suffering on someone that simply refused to do what was asked of him. I wanted to return to him in the last 7 months but the doors remain closed.
I still have a bit of hope for reincarnation to be true instead of me burning in hell forever. I am willing to find out by pulling the plug.
I think you should write a book about your experience. It should be shared with lots of persons your age who are experiencing similar problems. Get started right away. Your OP is an excellent summary. You can fill it in from there.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Psalms119

Jan 10, 2017
US
✟15,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello all,

My name is Sinan Shamun, 21 years old and I come from the Netherlands.
In December 2015 I was very depressed and was looking for a cause to live for. I never understood who I was and what the hell I was doing here in the first place. Then suddenly, in February 2016 I felt amazing, I was full of love,joy, creativity and basically all positive things imaginable. I was killing it at my job and it felt as if I was in heaven every moment of the day. Then in March, during the communion of my little sister I found my faith in God, it was a great happening and I finally understood life after being an atheist for 20 years. I learned that it was the Holy Spirit which was dwelling in me at the time. I was constantly communicating with Jesus as if he were my best friend, and I loved it. As time passed I became very introspective and got to know my relation to God even better.
Then the great day came, God told me that I was the complete package to become a Roman Catholic Pope, me out of all people, after all those years. (I assume this happened to the current Pope when he was my age and suddenly switched from a Chemistry major to pursuing his path to become the Pope). I then learned that I had to spread my wings and fly away, become a total new person, find new Christian friends and live a holy life. At first I was totally flabbergasted by all of this. I decided to sign up for my Theology major in Utrecht at a Catholic school and was so grateful for being given a cause in life.
Then,unfortunately, all things went downhill. I realized that becoming a Catholic Pastor meant not being able to have sex and a wife and all other worldy pleasures, so I started avoiding God. Avoiding reading the Bible I bought and continuing a sinful life (smoking, using drugs, etc) after all that God had done for me. I became less and less full of positive energy and my connection with God was decaying and decaying. I showed up at the meeting day prior to starting my Theology major when I was totally unprepared, I had not become the person God wanted me to become and I just sat there with the other students looking like a complete fool, not knowing what to say. I left the meeting day by just running away from the other students and I went home.
Eventually, my thinking reached a point where I had sudden realization which totally destroyed God for me. I convinced myself that God is an all between the ears thing and that I don't own it anymore. It was gone, totally evaporated. I even remember cussing at the Holy Spirit for leaving me after I had failed God in a shameful way and I am actually 100% sure that I have committed the unforgivable sin, since I am not genuinely worried about committing it anymore. My heart wants to know nothing about God but my mind knows God is everything I need, but I have screwed up. I can't blame God for all that has happened, I was even warned prior to me finding out I was elected to become a Pope. God told me to 'choose wisely' and he warned me of a curse. It was all or nothing for me and it sure as hell turned out to be nothing and my destination will be hell for sure.
I had such a beautiful life ahead but all my stupid 20 year old self could think of was sex at the moment, instead of being able to help many souls including those of my friends, who weren't Christians either. My mind has become corrupt and worthless because I lost God and my introspectivity has reached so far that I have basically committed spiritual dialysis. I'm stuck with a mind that thinks about useless goalless garbage all day long. I spent months in a mental ward, taking medicine because the psychiatrists believed I was deluded and got myself into a psychosis. After all those months of medicine and super long tedious days it turned out that they were wrong and that my spiritual experience was from God. I have nothing now, all joy, love, personality and everything positive have evaporated into absolute nothingnes. 7 months of hell have passed and no progress was made. Many prayers have been prayed but all of them were in vain. I was helped by spiritual healers and therapists but nothing worked.

I have no idea what to do and am really feeling the urge to throw the towel in the ring because this life is terrible. A clinical depression is an ecstacy trip compared to what I'm going through and I'd cut off my limbs were it that I'd get my mental and emotional state back to 'normal' again. I am seriously considering to end it all and just accept my fate, which is probably hell. I'd take physical pain of flames over this mental numbness any day.

Has anyone heard of a story similar to mine and/or does anyone have any tips for me? Can anyone confirm that I should just accept my fate since there is nothing I can do about all of this? I read my bible while in the mental ward but it got me nowhere. No revelations or real understanding.

Thank you.
You need to email this guy. He can definitely give you better advice than i. He will fight for you to not "pull the plug" as you say.

mike at counciloftime.com

• Prayers
Upvote 0
Jan 5, 2017
San Francisco
✟15,588.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Trust me, I have no reason to lie about all of this, my life is in shards and I'm pulling the plug very soon. I am 100% sure that becoming a Pope was my destiny. I was elected and I sure as hell understood God's message for me correctly.

I have repented, but my repentance does not come forth from heartfelt sorrow for what I've done, so it's all in vain. I didn't expect God to punish me with death for this and now it's time that I complete the punishment and off myself. Seven months of prayer have resulted in nothing, not a piece of progress. God wants nothing to do with me anymore and I should just accept that I am going to hell.
You do not have to go to hell.
God wants everything to do with you.
You do not need to be a Pope in order to be worthy of God's grace.
You may be delusional, but many of us are. Jesus can still heal you.
If you really are at the end of your own rope, it may be time to start living for Jesus. You will be better for it in the end

• Prayers
Upvote 0

2FollowHim

Jul 19, 2012
✟15,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello all,

In December 2015 I was very depressed and was looking for a cause to live for. I never understood who I was and what the hell I was doing here in the first place. Then suddenly, in February 2016 I felt amazing, I was full of love,joy, creativity and basically all positive things imaginable. I was killing it at my job and it felt as if I was in heaven every moment of the day. Then in March, during the communion of my little sister I found my faith in God, it was a great happening and I finally understood life after being an atheist for 20 years. I learned that it was the Holy Spirit which was dwelling in me at the time. I was constantly communicating with Jesus as if he were my best friend, and I loved it. As time passed I became very introspective and got to know my relation to God even better.
Then the great day came, God told me that I was the complete package to become a Roman Catholic Pope, me out of all people, after all those years. (I assume this happened to the current Pope when he was my age and suddenly switched from a Chemistry major to pursuing his path to become the Pope). I then learned that I had to spread my wings and fly away, become a total new person, find new Christian friends and live a holy life. At first I was totally flabbergasted by all of this. I decided to sign up for my Theology major in Utrecht at a Catholic school and was so grateful for being given a cause in life.
Then,unfortunately, all things went downhill. I realized that becoming a Catholic Pastor meant not being able to have sex and a wife and all other worldy pleasures, so I started avoiding God. Avoiding reading the Bible I bought and continuing a sinful life (smoking, using drugs, etc) after all that God had done for me. I became less and less full of positive energy and my connection with God was decaying and decaying. I showed up at the meeting day prior to starting my Theology major when I was totally unprepared, I had not become the person God wanted me to become and I just sat there with the other students looking like a complete fool, not knowing what to say. I left the meeting day by just running away from the other students and I went home.
Eventually, my thinking reached a point where I had sudden realization which totally destroyed God for me. I convinced myself that God is an all between the ears thing and that I don't own it anymore. It was gone, totally evaporated. I even remember cussing at the Holy Spirit for leaving me after I had failed God in a shameful way and I am actually 100% sure that I have committed the unforgivable sin, since I am not genuinely worried about committing it anymore. My heart wants to know nothing about God but my mind knows God is everything I need, but I have screwed up. I can't blame God for all that has happened, I was even warned prior to me finding out I was elected to become a Pope. God told me to 'choose wisely' and he warned me of a curse. It was all or nothing for me and it sure as hell turned out to be nothing and my destination will be hell for sure.
I had such a beautiful life ahead but all my stupid 20 year old self could think of was sex at the moment, instead of being able to help many souls including those of my friends, who weren't Christians either. My mind has become corrupt and worthless because I lost God and my introspectivity has reached so far that I have basically committed spiritual dialysis. I'm stuck with a mind that thinks about useless goalless garbage all day long. I spent months in a mental ward, taking medicine because the psychiatrists believed I was deluded and got myself into a psychosis. After all those months of medicine and super long tedious days it turned out that they were wrong and that my spiritual experience was from God. I have nothing now, all joy, love, personality and everything positive have evaporated into absolute nothingnes. 7 months of hell have passed and no progress was made. Many prayers have been prayed but all of them were in vain. I was helped by spiritual healers and therapists but nothing worked.

I have no idea what to do and am really feeling the urge to throw the towel in the ring because this life is terrible. A clinical depression is an ecstacy trip compared to what I'm going through and I'd cut off my limbs were it that I'd get my mental and emotional state back to 'normal' again. I am seriously considering to end it all and just accept my fate, which is probably hell. I'd take physical pain of flames over this mental numbness any day.

Has anyone heard of a story similar to mine and/or does anyone have any tips for me? Can anyone confirm that I should just accept my fate since there is nothing I can do about all of this? I read my bible while in the mental ward but it got me nowhere. No revelations or real understanding.

Thank you.
I think of how the bible speaks about...the BOTTOMLESS PIT. Hard to believe but it can
ALWAYS be worse. Always.

That lets you know how TRUE the bible is.

Your life is amazing in a different way than
what you might think. I understand the
Netherlands is highly atheistic, am I right?

So, for you to find God at all in the Netherlands
is astounding to me.

As bad as it is, you know God exists, and
hell exists. Not many know this today.
You do.

I know that nobody taught you how to repent
or what it meant to repent.
We repent because we insult the Lord Jesus.
Or we deny Him, or we put Jesus in a bad
light. Others than pick up on that and join us.

One reason you don't feel good, and feel terrible
is you did not properly repent of atheism.

Doesn't matter that you didn't know. It still
insults the Lord, still denies God.

So you did not know, and I understand that,
but you skipped steps.

When we skip steps, we go back and fix them.

See how you maligned God and allow yourself
to feel sorrow for how it would be for God.

This is a miraculous process because it heals you,
heals us.

And then we decide we will PRAISE GOD anyway.

What THAT does is throw a wet blanket over
the devil, and says you don't care what the
devil does.

Praising God builds something in us.
We don't see it ...right away, but it does work.

The Roman Catholic church is not Christian.

So many reasons, but they don't follow the
New Testament teachings.

So, it's good you were prevented re: being
a pope or priest.

If you can find a bible teaching church,
perhaps ....Methodist or maybe Lutheran
(I'm not too sure, get help on that).

But as you get to know the bible, your torment
will fade away over time.

I believe you will heal, and overcome.
Love in the Lord

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Galnaros...you seem to be displaying signs of someone who is suffering with mental illness. I spent many years working in health care and have worked closely with those who be mentally ill...yes, they too speak about having very real revelations that they claim to be from God... but the truth of God's Word (Bible) reveals it's not true.

You say your mind be in limbo etc... you type out your thoughts in words and it not be showing your brain be shut off or not working.
You use your mind/brain to reason an stuff...your typing doesn't show it's from someone who be zombie.
A person who's mind not functioning wouldn't even be online doing typed conversations...so enough with the mind not working...clearly it is functioning and you are capable of typing out your thoughts etc.
Let's be honest...please?

You say your hope lies in reincarnation? Another lie...man's only hope be found in Jesus.

Do you know Jesus as Lord and Savior?
More on that here: How can I be saved?

When God called someone to be a leader, that person became leader...there be no ifs or ands about it.
You can find that out when you read about the lives of: Joseph, Gideon, David(in the Bible).

God does not lie!
Those whom God calls, he equips to do the job they called to do!
And they become what God say they going to be...there no getting around that!
The scripture say... "The gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable"...Romans 11:29. God called those people, equipped them to do the job and NOTHING kept them from doing what God said they were to do.

Did you know that the devil tried to tempt Jesus with a vision/revelation?
From Matthew 4:8..."Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor.
“All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”
Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan!

For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’'

Jesus faced those temptations of the devil in the wilderness and each time Jesus came back at the adversary with scripture verses out of the book of Deuteronomy.

Godly visions/revelations are not contrary to the Bible and their outcomes bring glory/honor to God.

Here's an example of a false revelation/vision... Dr. John Ankerberg writes about it...
"In 1980 Oral Roberts claimed a vision of a 900-foot Jesus promised him his “City of Faith” medical complex would be completed.
The implication of this and subsequent visions/revelations was that Jesus would bless and prosper the “City of Faith.”
In 1983 Roberts spoke of another revelation from God promising a major breakthrough in cancer treatment at the “City of Faith.”
But the “City of Faith” did not survive and there was no cancer breakthrough."

The purpose of false revelations/visions is to lead a person and or persons away from God an the truth... truth that be found in God's Word (Bible).

The devil will try any trick in the book to deceive people.
Warning From the bible.... 1 Peter 5:8
"Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour."

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,334.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello all,

Thank you.

Hello :wave:

I am so sorry you feel like this; it sounds awful.
Just a few thoughts, for what they're worth.

Firstly, it may feel like, and you may believe that, you've committed the unforgiveable sin, but I don't believe that you have. Why? Because you are asking for help and suggesting that you would like to find God again and for things to be better.
It also sounds as though you never rejected God or decided not to believe in him any more. Just that you felt disillusioned once you realised that something that you believe God was asking you to do was hard and would require sacrifice. Avoiding God when he asks us to do something that we don't want to do is surprisingly common - you'd be surprised how many preachers and ministers I've heard who have said, "God called me to do this; I didn't want to, so I ignored the calling. Maybe it was a little more extreme in your case, because you seem to have given up on God as well - but he hasn't given up on you. Look at Jonah; ran away, asked to be thrown overboard into the sea, was swallowed by a great fish - and God still loved, called him and gave him a second chance. Look at Peter; promised Jesus he would never deny him, even if everyone else did, denied Jesus, and called down curses upon himself in the process. What did God do? Forgave him, restored him and gave him a second chance.

Secondly, this "calling" to be pope.
Did you tell anyone, discuss it with a priest, ask for confirmation and guidance that this was from God and ask the clergy, and church, to support you in prayer while you explored the way forward? Or did you just hear God say this, rush off to do something about it and then give up as soon as you realised it was all going to be too hard?
That's not a judgement. I have done the same thing many times - confused my own enthusiasm/desire to serve God with a call from him. because it WAS just my own idea and I was trying to do it in my own strength, then I gave up, and the feelings/desire fizzled out when I ran into problems or opposition.
IF it really was God's will, plan and greatest desire that you should be pope, then nothing would be able to prevent that. I'm not saying there wouldn't be any problems - of course there would be. These problems could very well be from the devil, as the last thing he wants is for you to serve God. But then, God might also allow them to occur because you could grow in your faith if you trust him and work your way through them. Has it occurred to you that you would make a far better priest if you go through all this stuff and come out the other side, than if you have everything easy and have no difficulties at all? How else would you relate to church members, and non Christians, who doubt God, wonder how they can trust him and want to give up? Who better to help someone who is struggling with questions and doubts, than someone else who's been there?

Thirdly, again this is not a judgement and I do hope it doesn't come across like that, but it sounds to me as though some of your choices have been based on feelings or circumstances. I can relate; I spent years assuming that my dissatisfaction with/hatred of my life meant that God didn't love me or had rejected me. He hasn't.
When someone becomes a Christian, realises that God loves them, is on their side and has saved them from hell, it's natural to be excited, happy, feel blessed and so on. It's natural to have lots of enthusiasm and want to change the world for him.
This may genuinely be because the person has been filled with the joy of the Lord. But it could be just human emotion - not wrong to have it, but it is wrong to rely on it or use it as a guide for your Christian life. The NT says that we walk by faith not by sight. Our Christian lives and hope are in what we cannot see - God - and not in what we can see - emotions, good/bad circumstances.
In your case, it SEEMS that you were very blessed after becoming a Christian, talking to God all the time, receiving answers to prayer and so on; felt astounded, and no doubt honoured, to receive a call to priesthood, rushed off to enrol in the relevant course, found that being a priest would involve certain commitments, and it all came crashing down. At that time, you felt unable to commit to those things, and gradually began to pull away from the God who was apparently demanding that you do them. This is why I asked if you'd had proper advice, support and prayer backing.
If someone turns away from God, or doesn't believe in him, it is not surprising that they might fill the gap in their lives with something else. We were made by God and for God; to know him and be his children. Everyone worships something/someone, whether they admit to it or not. If it's not God, it could well be alcohol/drugs - which numb pain and produce pleasant feelings in us - or maybe work, unhealthy relationships etc.

The question in all of this is, do you want to return to God, get to know him and his amazing, unending love for you and find out how he wants you to love and serve him?
It sounds to me like you do, otherwise you would not be in such turmoil and would not have written your post. If so, then call out to him, tell him how you have messed up - he knows anyway so there's no point in hiding it - and ask him to save you. The NT says that if we confess our sins, he WILL forgive us. The Gospels say that Jesus is a Good Shepherd who searches for, and rescues, lost sheep. If you believe him, he can, and will, do this for you. After you have done this, talk to a priest/ask for, and read, good, Christian books and join a Bible study group to get some teaching, fellowship and encouragement/prayer support for when things get difficult again.

Only after this can you explore the question of calling and vocation, which may, or may not, be to the priesthood. Like I said, if this truly is God's plan for you, it will happen - unless you choose to walk away.

I can't write any more for now; I need to go out.
But please, don't do what I did for years and assume that negative feelings mean that God is angry with/has rejected you and all is lost. And if there's any possibility that these swings in emotion are due to a mental/physical problem - get help.

God loves you very much.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Gabriel Anton

Exitus Acta Probat Acta Non Verba Deus Vult 11:18
May 19, 2016
Oz
✟89,091.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello all,

Thank you.

Peace be with you.

I had a look at Wiki about the ages of some of the youngest Popes.

The probable youngest popes are:

I didn't bother with the oldest Popes because you might get disillusioned because you are still so young.

Drugs can produce hallucinations and highs and euphorias and can also damage your brain cells and nervous system. Just thought I mention this.

After a high, you will get a low.

At your young tender spiritual age, you should stick to the basics of spiritual life.

1. Prayer.
Pray the Rosary a few times everyday. Boring but works efficiently.

2. Read the Holy Scriptures.
Read the 4 Gospels a few times everyday.

3. Fast.
Do this as you get more advanced in your spiritual life.

I'm pretty certain you have to join the Seminary and become a Priest before you can get elected to become Pope.

You have to become a Priest. Then promoted to Bishop. Then promoted to Archbishop. Then promoted to Cardinal.

You have to be an Archbishop or Cardinal, then when the current Pope either retires or dies, the Cardinals then elect a New Pope by getting together and voting.

I hope this helps. Good luck in your spiritual journey. You have a lot of work to do to become Pope one day.

Don't commit suicide though. You'll never be Pope if you do that.

Seriously.

One more thing for the future. When you become Pope, you have to change your name to a more well known name.

God bless the Future Pope.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When God called someone to be a leader, that person became leader...there be no ifs or ands about it.
You can find that out when you read about the lives of: Joseph, Gideon, David(in the Bible).

God does not lie!
Those whom God calls, he equips to do the job they called to do!
And they become what God say they going to be...there no getting around that!
The scripture say... "The gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable"...Romans 11:29. God called those people, equipped them to do the job and NOTHING kept them from doing what God said they were to do.

I'd like to add Jonah to that list for the very reason that he tried to run from Gods calling on his life.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,360.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Dear Sinan,

First of all I want to say that God is a God of love. Remember always that. A few years ago I knew in my heart I had blasphemed the holy spirit. I knew I had no more meaning to live, so I could just as well take my life. But I thought about it, and figured it would be too hard for my family, so I decided to live. As I knew it was too late for me as a Christian I went to Buddhism. For a week I stayed at a buddhist monastery. The last day there, I just felt it was leading me nowhere. So I went back to church, not believing that I would ever be saved, though. Then a friend told me to believe that I was forgiven, not because of who I was, or any goodness inside, because I felt there was only darkness there, but because of the mercy by the cross of Jesus Christ. I told myself to trust it, even it felt just the other way. One day in Church Jesus talks to me and a light hit me. From that moment on I knew it wasn't too late, it never was too late, and I hadn't blasphemed the Holy Spirit, I had believed a lie. When your heart is telling you are doomed, that you have messed up too much. Remeber this is just Satans lie, don't believe it, it's NOT true. Remember this instead:

"The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?" /Jer 17:9

It's not what your heart tells you. It is what the bible tells you. You are forgiven, it is done! Trust that, no matter how it feels!

"Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for all people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people." /Rom 5:18

Know this, as long as you seek God, or worry about salvation, or wish you had it right with God, or even worry about hell, you have NOT blasphemed the Holy Spirit, ok!? If you did, you would never ever write a post like you did. You wouldn't be depressed at all.Trust me on this.

It's not too late for you, not at all. You have just lost hope in your mind, nothing else. God is with you! He knows exactly what you are going through. Let go of judging yourself, because of this or that. God doesn't want you to do that. You know you have been wrong, now let it go. It's time to trust in Jesus, in his mercy, just like I did. Trust in that you are forgiven because of that cross, nothing else, not because of your own goodness, but because of the goodness of Jesus Christ.

God has a new plan for your life, don't worry!

Blessings and love in Jesus Christ,

P

Last edited:
Upvote 0

W_McCarthy

Aug 31, 2015
✟19,087.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello all,

Thank you.

Hey Sinan, I just wanted to let you know I feel for you.
It may sound impossible, but you need to keep seeking the Lord for His forgiveness, what other choice do you have? Sometimes it can be hard to read or pray and I just have to let you know I can totally understand that, but God will teach you through His Word. 7 months is a long time but I have heard of people who went through YEARS of thinking they'd committed the unpardonable sin, only to find later that they could be forgiven and became forgiven.

Also, I'd like o know where in the Bible it tells us that we must remain celibate in order to be the head of the church. Quite honestly I don't want to offend you but there is so many man made doctrines in the Catholic church it is just crazy. I believe with all my heart you were not called by God to be the Pope. Please stop learning from Catholics. Just look at the history of the church and how many thousands of Christians they killed and then tell me that the Roman Catholic Church was blessed by God.
1 John 4:20 - If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

I'd like to share a poem with you that helped me to just get a glimpse of the love that God has for even the worst of sinners.
I Saw God
by William Leroy Stidger
I saw God bare his soul one day
Where all the earth might see
The stark and naked heart of him
On lonely Calvary.

There was a crimson sky of blood
And overhead a storm;
When lightning slit the clouds
And light engulfed his form.

Beyond the storm a rainbow lent
A light to every clod,
And on that cross mine eyes beheld
The naked soul of God.

Romans 5:7-8 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man would some even dare to die. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Please don't give up, and know that there are others that have gone through similar situations as you have that have found mercy when they thought it impossible. It's pretty much impossible to see God's faithfulness when engulfed in doubt, and it sounds like that's what you're going through.

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
When I was going mental I did have delusions of grandeur, yes. Satan would tell me I would be like this famous person who could read everyones minds. Well I couldnt, but he was pretty convincing! thank the Lord almighty that satan didnt trick me and I came to know the truth!

Real ministers are meant to be married if you look in Timothy Paul tells Timonthy that to be a bishop i.e a church leader he needs to have ONE wife and rule his family well...

Sorry but the catholic church is wrong! And God never forbids anyone from marrying if that is what His plan is for you he wont stop you! Many christian women long for christian men to be good husbands to them. And to raise godly children is a blessing, how else are people supposed to see a loving christian family in action to learn from if their minister doesnt even have a family and is banned from it?!

Hope you will see the light and please dont despair. Remember God is Love.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

PropheticTimes

Lord Have Mercy
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2015
Ohio
✟204,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Dearest Sinan,

You may or may not be depressed, but you are most certainly being oppressed. I pray the video I link here will help you to understand and free you. Understand that I am not ignorant of your mental status. I have experienced it, I have raised my fist to God and cursed Him. I spent many years in a hell I cannot put to words, many suicide attempts, many evils. But here I am, closer to God than I have ever been. Remember, dear Sinan, anything of God will show GOOD fruit. If it is bad, it is not of God, but of the devil. Do not let him defeat you but take up the power you have in Christ Jesus (for He still loves you, dear Sinan, more than you could ever imagine) and tell the devil to flee in the name of Jesus. Tell him every minute of every day if you have to. You are a child of the living God and he cannot have you.

Please, for now, drop the whole "pope" issue and allow the blood of the Lamb of God to wash over you and comfort your soul. And always remember:

10Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. (Ephesians 6:10-17 NIV)

Upvote 0

zippy2006

Dragonsworn
Nov 9, 2013
✟244,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for sharing this with me. Though I still believe that I have committed the unforgivable sin , since my 7 month repentance and prayer didn't fix anything.
If we consider that this whole Pope thing was an attack from the enemy(which I know is not true), how did this experience mess up my mind so much that I can't stand living with it anymore. My mind is literally just a fartbox every moment of the day. Why does the real God to Whom I pray not help me despite all my efforts? The mental anguish is just unbearable and I am starting to lose my faith in a good outcome. My hope lays in reincarnation, I believe I can be forgiven if I off myself in this life and get another chance in another life even though Hebrews 9:27 states that we only live once.

Be patient. Maybe Jesus is just offering you an opportunity to take up your cross and follow him. Jesus did not have an easy life, and the servant is not greater than the Master. Stay close to God in your suffering. Things will get better as time goes on. 7 months is a relatively short period of time for what happened to you. God bless.

Upvote 0

Jim Langston

Non denominational fundamentalist
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2005
Bellingham, WA
✟79,514.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hello all,

Thank you.

It is extremely unfortunate but not only does God talk to us but Satan and his demons also.

Do you honestly believe God would condemn a man to hell for not wanting to be a religious ruler? That is not biblical. I believe it was Satan or one of his crownies that have told you that.

Refusing the Holy Spirit, however, makes you Godless and the Godless shall not inherit eternal life. Ask God for forgiveness, not for not wanting to be pope, but for pushing him away.

Upvote 0

SayitStraight

Jan 8, 2017
Auckland
✟15,653.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello all,

Thank you.
go here - www.thelastreformation.com -enough said

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Celibacy and being effective in God 's kingdom are not mutually exclusive categories. There is a very negative, Greek inspired anti body tradition in our Christian history which is unbiblical. You seem to have come under its influence.

John
NZ

Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello all,

Hello Sinan, my name is Michael and I live in the United States. I intend this to be a fairly long post, so perhaps a little background on my experiences will help you have the patience to read the entire post through. Like you, I was an atheist/agnostic as a young man. Like you, I did drugs, smoked, and drank. I, too, came to the Lord Jesus after growing up, and I was in my mid-twenties when God called me to be His. I, too, had an early period of great joy and the wonderful feeling of being filled with the Spirit (the best I can describe it is it was like a great bright liquid white light was in my chest/heart), and I could not contain it and the joy I felt. For me, this lasted for several years. I also felt called into the ministry and I went to Bible college to begin my training. Yet while I was in my 2nd year I began to slowly lose my mind, but I managed to finish my degree. My problem was that I believed that everyone could hear my thoughts and feel what I felt all the time, and this all stemmed from an LSD trip I had shortly before becoming a Christian, and this problem slowly eroded my faith and I ran away from my church friends and hid in a hotel room for almost a year. Living there, my problem only became stronger. Eventually I told God: "If this is salvation I don't want it", and I said three times, for emphasis, "I renounce my salvation". Of course, I felt totally lost and was constantly thinking of killing myself, and I even had a shotgun in my mouth at one point, but God granted me a vision of my parents grieving terribly and I could not bring this pain to them. But my problem persisted. I sought psychiatric help again (I had briefly before running away to the hotel), and went through a time of trying different medications. Finally, even though none of the drugs completely got rid of my problem, the fog began to lift (after 2 and 1/2 years), and I began to be able to explore life again. At that point I remembered what I had done in the hotel room, renouncing my faith, and I feared that I had committed blasphemy of the Spirit. My parents convinced me to go to their church, and despite my fears and doubts I began attending. Slowly, over the course of a few years, my faith came back to me. Now, looking back on it, I realize that there had been some habitual sin in my life that God had tried to deal with me about, but I had that feeling and felt that nothing could come between me and God, so I ignored the warning signs. I am still healing, and still have habitual sin in my life that I am wrestling with, and I wish I could say that feeling of joy in the Spirit was back again, but it's not, and I don't think it will be until I deal with the habitual sin. But, minus the feeling, God is blessing me again. He has gifted me to teach, and despite my sin He is still using me to lead a small Bible study.

So that is where I have been.

This sounds very much like my early experience. I have to ask, though, how did Jesus communicate with you?

Who were your spiritual counselors at the time, and what did they think of this revelation?

It sounds like things went downhill much faster for you, but I can't help but relating somewhat. I am not going to confirm nor deny that your call to be Pope was from God or not, but you have to admit it does sound pretty wild, right? I am out of time for today, but I'll finish my response tomorrow evening.

As a parting message, may I encourage you to go again to seek out psychiatric help? Your thoughts of suicide are not healthy. Prayers your way;

Mike

Upvote 0

Jacob Deng

Dec 21, 2016
Melbourne
✟20,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello all,

Thank you.

Deuteronomy 31:6 "Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the LORD your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you." He wont forsaken you, but Sin acts like a wall between us and God, so you repent and overcome it,
Romans 6:14 "For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace."
Romans 12:2 "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind."

As for the holy Spirit
John 14:16 "And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Advocate to be with you forever"
i suppose forever doesn't mean anything to you right? ...reason with your mind all you like but that will not stop God's love for you, he IS LOVE, your mind is simply a tool, if you say you have gone so low in sin, then that means Satan is most likely to be the source of all your negative thoughts...

Ephesians 3:17-19 "so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to comprehend the length and width and height and depth of His love, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God..."

Faith Brother, we all receive the same measure of faith, don't let yours die because no one will be able to help you once it does, it's something you grow and practice, and it was by faith that we received salvation
Hebrew 11:1 "Now faith is the assurance of what we hope for and the certainty of what we do not see."

John Ramirez Testimony, He went deep into the dark side that he called Satan his father, but regardless of this wickedness God's love got him out of hell... it's a choice to go there, God never wanted anyone to go there, you said it yourself, "choose wisely", he says the first thing you hear people say in hell is "I don't belong here" Deuteronomy 30:19 ""I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants," "choose life".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jacob Deng

Dec 21, 2016
Melbourne
✟20,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wow, you guys need to read this thought that popped up;

Alright so i'v seen many people saying it would be too hard for their Family if they took their lives right? and the reason why they want to take their life is because they think they have done something unforgivable to God... now look at this

Matthew 7:7-11
"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?"

How much more pain would God go through, the same God that came and died for you and me, the very love himself, go through if you took your life and didn't end up in the right place?...
John 10:10 "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I have come that they may have life, and have it in all its fullness.", The is much more in Christ. Be born again.

Upvote 0