United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
UberLutheran said:
Being fat and hot and wearing four layers of thermal clothing while lying on hot pavement on a sunny day at the beginning of August which is next to an air conditioning exhaust outlet while lying under an electric blanket turned up to HIGH and a large St. Bernard is sitting on top of you.

THATS bad.

No, that's suicide.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
UberLutheran said:
Be glad you don't live in Texas, where I live.

Let's see: when Hurricane Rita came through Beaumont/Port Arthur last summer, we were on the dry side of the storm so we had 40 mph winds and temperatures of 106. Yuck, :sick:

I have friends up north who take antidepressants for Seasonal Affective Disorder during the winter because of the ongoing darkness. I know people here in Texas who take antidepressants in summer just to cope with the unrelenting (and I do mean "unrelenting") heat.

Reminds me of the joke where a man dies and goes before St. Peter. St. Peter tells him, "Well, there are a few sins here that you didn't get a chance to repent of but that's okay, you've already paid for them, so welcome to Heaven.

The man is confused and asks, "What do you mean I've paid for them?"

At which point St. Peter tells him, "Son, you lived in Texas so you've already been through Hell."
;)

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟909,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Uber,

Are you trying to say that I don't have a chance to get my grass growing to association standards now? Man, I am getting a letter for sure.

Or maybe I could have you write an excuse for me? Tell them that grass is not supposed to grow in CO and definately not in a heat wave.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Quijote

a.k.a Mr. Q
May 5, 2005
Wisconsin
✟40,638.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
UberLutheran said:
You would have been 23 or 24 during the Great Heat Wave of 1995, if you were living in Wisconsin.

Remember the summer when 400+ people died in Chicago? And it was up over 100 degrees all the way into northern Wisconsin and Minnesota?

I was visiting my sister (who lives in southern Indiana) during that time, and I remember the shock I received when I went outside into an air temperature of 102 degrees with a dewpoint of 79 — and an apparent temperature of 131. It literally took my breath away.

I was in Dallas in 1995. I lived down in the Rio Grande Valley during my highschool years. Believe me, I feel your pain when you talk about heat; however, I would take the heat over cold any day.

Upvote 0

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Quijote said:
I was in Dallas in 1995. I lived down in the Rio Grande Valley during my highschool years. Believe me, I feel your pain when you talk about heat; however, I would take the heat over cold any day.

not me... you can put on a million layers of clothing... but you can only be so naked. :cool:

Upvote 0

Quijote

a.k.a Mr. Q
May 5, 2005
Wisconsin
✟40,638.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ginny said:
not me... you can put on a million layers of clothing... but you can only be so naked. :cool:

oh my! even the wife doesn't like to see me "so naked" :eek:

I'd take six months of 90+ temperature over three months of lows in the single digits!

But that's just me ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Croc said:
I do like hot weather. I dont understand those maps though. It shows 33-40 degrees in august. Thats not hot.

It's probably in celsius. So it's 91.4 - 104. But at the same time, that means that Alaska is breaching 100 degrees in some parts.

ETA:

Wait... I think that it's degrees F above/below average? But then that's putting the south west into well over 160 degree eather at times.

ETA AGAIN:

OH! I GET IT! It's telling the chances of above/below average temp. That's not degrees, that's %.

Upvote 0