Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/produc...son/13_seasonal_outlooks/color/churchill.html

The long range climatological forecasts are out.

About 3/4 of the U.S. is going to be locked into a protracted heat wave by the beginning of July, and precipitation will be below normal to much below normal in the southern Great Plains and the Southwest.

A comparable scenario took place in the mid 1990s, the mid/late 1980s and the early/mid 1950s which resulted in some of the highest summer temperatures and driest conditions ever recorded in the Midwest, the Great Plains, and Texas.

419gam

Veteran
Mar 26, 2005
California
✟1,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Helo said:
Just bloody wonderful.

I HATE hot weather. I HATE it. When your hot you cant cuddle with anyone and once your sitting there naked thats it.

When its cold, you can curl up under a blanket with someone infront of a roaring fire and...ok nevermind :)
Yeah but hot weather means skimpy clothes in public, plus hanging out at the beach, the lake, or the swimming pool.

Upvote 0

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
thirstforknowledge said:
They can't get tomorrow's weather right, so I'm not all about their half year forecasts.

Yes, but Ube, our resident forecaster, has not missed a forecast yet.

-Ginny

(who met Connor Vernon once) ;)

Upvote 0

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Helo said:
Just bloody wonderful.

I HATE hot weather. I HATE it. When your hot you cant cuddle with anyone and once your sitting there naked thats it.

When its cold, you can curl up under a blanket with someone infront of a roaring fire and...ok nevermind :)

Be glad you don't live in Texas, where I live.

Let's see: when Hurricane Rita came through Beaumont/Port Arthur last summer, we were on the dry side of the storm so we had 40 mph winds and temperatures of 106. Yuck, :sick:

I have friends up north who take antidepressants for Seasonal Affective Disorder during the winter because of the ongoing darkness. I know people here in Texas who take antidepressants in summer just to cope with the unrelenting (and I do mean "unrelenting") heat.

Upvote 0

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
419gam said:
Yeah but hot weather means skimpy clothes in public, plus hanging out at the beach, the lake, or the swimming pool.

Doesn't help much where I live: the lake water temperature is 90, and the swimming pool is the temperature of bath water. Literally.

In a really neat townhouse complex where we used to live — which had a pool, every summer we would have an "ice party". The admittance fee to the party was a couple big bags of ice — which were thrown into the swimming pool to drop the water temperature.

During the infamously hot summer of 1996, the pool water temperature reached 105.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
UberLutheran said:
we were on the dry side of the storm so we had 40 mph winds and temperatures of 106. Yuck, :sick:

You know, Ube, I am not far from you....I have never really experienced the hot weather even when it is right outside my airconditioned home.

You can't complain it's hot if you're not out in it. :preach:

Upvote 0

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Quijote said:
I hope you're right...I was not meant to live in Wisconsin :doh:

You would have been 23 or 24 during the Great Heat Wave of 1995, if you were living in Wisconsin.

Remember the summer when 400+ people died in Chicago? And it was up over 100 degrees all the way into northern Wisconsin and Minnesota?

I was visiting my sister (who lives in southern Indiana) during that time, and I remember the shock I received when I went outside into an air temperature of 102 degrees with a dewpoint of 79 — and an apparent temperature of 131. It literally took my breath away.

Upvote 0

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
UberLutheran said:
http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/produc...son/13_seasonal_outlooks/color/churchill.html

About 3/4 of the U.S. is going to be locked into a protracted heat wave by the beginning of July, and precipitation will be below normal to much below normal in the southern Great Plains and the Southwest.

A comparable scenario took place in the mid 1990s, the mid/late 1980s and the early/mid 1950s which resulted in some of the highest summer temperatures and driest conditions ever recorded in the Midwest, the Great Plains, and Texas.
The forecast is very likely correct. Last year was the warmest year on record. And this winter, at least here in Texas, has been very warm.

Last plague # 4, scorching heat, is definitely here. (See Revelation 16:8-9)

Upvote 0
Sep 15, 2002
✟16,530.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
UberLutheran said:
http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/multi_season/13_seasonal_outlooks/color/churchill.html

I don't wanna water ration though :(

Stupid LCRA...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ginny said:
Time to start losing that extra weight from winter!

Know what worse than being dreadfully hot?

Being fat and hot. :D

Being fat and hot and wearing four layers of thermal clothing while lying on hot pavement on a sunny day at the beginning of August which is next to an air conditioning exhaust outlet while lying under an electric blanket turned up to HIGH and a large St. Bernard is sitting on top of you.

THATS bad.

Upvote 0

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
UberLutheran said:
THATS bad.

^_^

I think the thing about being hot and fat is that you are in a bad mood b/c of the fat.....being skinny and hot means your thighs aren't sticking together and if you raise your arms, there is space between them.:D

BTW, have you looked at my avatar? You can't even imagine how hot I get with all that hair...But, that's the price you pay for lookin' good. ;)

Upvote 0