Honor could use your prayers!

T

TrustAndObey

She's been very sick for almost a month now.

She is getting really dizzy and that gives her panic attacks. She said she has a lot of pain in her neck, and it's not chiropractic (her son-in-law is a chiropractor), but no one can figure out what it is.

She's lost almost 20 pounds in less than a month, and just doesn't sound like herself.

Could we lift our sister up in prayer please?

DRL

May 3, 2007
✟8,256.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
A prayer for Honor: Father in Heaven, you are the almighty God and the Great Physician. Because of Jesus we can come into your presence and make our petitions to you in person. I bring Honor to you. I do not know what is wrong, but you do. I ask that you put your awesome healing hands on her and heal her. May she know that you are there with her at this time.
Thank you awesome God.
DRL

Upvote 0

mva1985

Senior Veteran
Jun 18, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟19,628.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Trust,

Thanks for posting this. I almost PM'ed you about Honor because I had not seen her on here in a while.

I will be praying for her.

She is getting really dizzy and that gives her panic attacks. She said she has a lot of pain in her neck, and it's not chiropractic (her son-in-law is a chiropractor), but no one can figure out what it is.

She's lost almost 20 pounds in less than a month, and just doesn't sound like herself.

Upvote 0

Jon0388g

Veteran
Aug 11, 2006
London
✟16,667.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single

Give honor my best wishes. I'm praying for her.

Jon

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟428,307.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

My wife was having similiar symptoms with dizziness and pain on the neck and other joints, they checked and gave her heart medicine and it cleared up. They are running tests but it seems she may have had some slight blockage, so that may be a direction for Honor to check out. We will have her in our prayers....

Upvote 0
T

TrustAndObey

Hi all, thank you for your concern and prayers!

I just wanted to update a little:

I called her and she sounds a lot better, but she's pretty sure she's hypoglycemic. Her blood sugar was 65 this morning. She was trying to eat some protein (she's having trouble eating) and she was shaking (which I could hear in her voice a little).

Please keep up the prayers, I know she appreciates them and so do I!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟428,307.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi all, thank you for your concern and prayers!

I just wanted to update a little:

I called her and she sounds a lot better, but she's pretty sure she's hypoglycemic. Her blood sugar was 65 this morning. She was trying to eat some protein (she's having trouble eating) and she was shaking (which I could hear in her voice a little).

Please keep up the prayers, I know she appreciates them and so do I!

Oh, that gives you terrible headaches when you go too low, and you get the shakes or very anxious, and it leaves in a daze and kind of lethargic, so its got very clear symptoms to identify it...

Upvote 0

IntoTheCrimsonSky

~ ¤ Love. It's in you. ¤ ~
Mar 10, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Visit site
✟11,569.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Wow. I wish I'd seen this post sooner. I'll be praying for her. :(

Sounds so much like my mom, to be honest. Although in her case the dizziness is probably mainly caused from her neck/spine (which didn't look good in the MRI scan we finally got results of. oy.). Granted, she's hypoglycemic too..among other things.

I hope Honor feels better soon. At least if it is just her sugar level it can be fixed with proper diet!

Upvote 0
T

TrustAndObey

I haven't talked to Honor in a couple of days because she's been going to bed early (and I haven't been getting home until late) and she is really having a hard time resting as it is, so I don't want to disrupt the rest she IS getting...but....

The last time I spoke with her she told me "I'm beating this thing!" and she was determined to get it under control. She's really reaching out to the Lord, too, which is an absolute necessity during times like these.

She's a fighter, and I know she'll be fine, but I can't help but worry when a very strong person becomes weak right in front of my eyes. It's scary.

I keep telling her "God is telling you to BE STILL" and she agrees.

It's good to see you Sarah!!

Upvote 0

IntoTheCrimsonSky

~ ¤ Love. It's in you. ¤ ~
Mar 10, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Visit site
✟11,569.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
I haven't talked to Honor in a couple of days because she's been going to bed early (and I haven't been getting home until late) and she is really having a hard time resting as it is, so I don't want to disrupt the rest she IS getting...but....

The last time I spoke with her she told me "I'm beating this thing!" and she was determined to get it under control. She's really reaching out to the Lord, too, which is an absolute necessity during times like these.

I can't agree more, Sis! Several times He's healed me and helped me through some pretty scary health issues. :) I'm sure He'll get her through this just fine..and it can add to her testimony!

She's a fighter, and I know she'll be fine, but I can't help but worry when a very strong person becomes weak right in front of my eyes. It's scary.
I keep telling her "God is telling you to BE STILL" and she agrees.

It really reminds us how fragile life is, doesn't it? Just going on day by day..and bam..outta no where. I'll be glad when that sorta stuff won't be a problem anymore. ;)

It's good to see you Sarah!!

Good to see you too, Sis! :hug: Miss you guys.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
T

TrustAndObey

I don't really have any updates. She's had a lot of people calling her out of the blue to tell her that they're praying for her (I'm talking about complete STRANGERS), and she said she has to constantly surround herself with positive messages/people or it all just comes right back.

She is trying relaxation techniques and things like that, and of course a lot of prayer, but she still isn't herself.

I am not able to call her as frequently now that I'm in school again (I survived week 1!) but the last time I spoke with her she had lost about 22 pounds. She has bouts of feeling good and then it comes back.

So please keep up the prayers. She feels very overwhelmed with all of it and my personal opinion is that she let stress turn into distress a long time ago (with good reasons) and that is NEVER good on the human body. Emotional hits eventually can and WILL affect our health and I think that's exactly what has happened.

She's such a sweet lady (I know it's hard to tell on here sometimes because you can't see or hear the person) and she cares very deeply for people. She doesn't deserve this.

Upvote 0