catofhope

Cathy loves her husband Randy
Dec 19, 2006
✟29,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OKay, when people go away for a honeymoon...
do they really see the sites? ;) :p

We are thinking about just staying at home in seclusion.
We know what we plan to be doing a lot of. :blush: :blush: :blush:

I'd make up some casseroles ahead that can easily be popped in oven to bake.
And there's always food delivery for our nourishment.

catofhope

Cathy loves her husband Randy
Dec 19, 2006
✟29,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've never been on a honeymoon, but I think the main idea is to get completely away. That way, when you're doing a lot of :blush: :blush: :blush: you won't be constantly interrupted by the phone, doorbell, and other mundanities of life. Sightseeing is a secondary goal of most honeymoons, I think.

:D
I have no problem ignoring the phone and doorbell.
We could put a sign outside saying "Honeymooning"...
possibly with the addition of "if we did not order food from you - go away, please".

Upvote 0

bvwsmaker

Randy loves his wife Cathy!!!
Aug 26, 2005
Maine
Visit site
✟22,784.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
OKay, when people go away for a honeymoon...
do they really see the sites? ;) :p

We are thinking about just staying at home in seclusion.
We know what we plan to be doing a lot of. :blush: :blush: :blush:

I'd make up some casseroles ahead that can easily be popped in oven to bake.
And there's always food delivery for our nourishment.
If we're staying home, can we make it a year long honeymoon??? ;)

Reactions: catofhope
Upvote 0

Butterfly

Tins the Chocoholic
Apr 4, 2004
Hugging a cat and eating chocolate
✟105,420.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Cathy, if we were not living at my FH's parent's house, I'd be up for a honeymoon at home quicker than anything. Definitely have quick things ready, cassaroles, egg and tuna or chicken salad for sandwiches, w/e. Even pre-baked stuff that you can just freeze and warm up later! Great idea.

With that said...

I am glad we're going away no matter what. It is a good idea to get away at least for a few days, 1. so that pranks aren't pulled on you and people don't know where you are and 2. to get away from normal life. You have all life to have sex at your home, why not make the first few times really special without having to deal with normalness? :D

Upvote 0

Rebekka

meow meow meow meow meow meow
Oct 25, 2006
✟34,375.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
We didn't go on our honeymoon until we had been married for almost 2 years. No one pranked us - I think that's a really lame thing to do, and thank God we don't know anyone who does these things.

No one bothered us - we just got married, and people knew that, so they left us alone.

When we finally got on our honeymoon to Florence, you bet we wanted to see the sites - if we didn't, we wouldn't have picked the city with the most art in the world!

To each his own.

Upvote 0

Xinnamon

Contributor
Nov 12, 2004
✟16,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We wanted to see the sites.. we love exploring new places together. We certainly weren't the couple who wanted to spend all our honeymoon time in the room:) (despite waiting till marriage). But Rebekka is right; to each his own! If you think you will enjoy your honeymoon more by staying at home in seclusion, do it:thumbsup:.

Upvote 0

klynnmiller

Cry out to Jesus!
Nov 17, 2006
Indiana
✟10,602.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I guess the 2 big reasons why we are going away for our hneymoon is:

1) The kids... We want a week away from them to give us some alone time to celebrate and enjoy each other. With 4 kids (2 from his first marriage and 2 from mine,) we just wanted to get away!!! Now we don't have to worry when we :blush: :blush: :blush: and have to hear, "Mommy....Mommy!!! I can't sleep! Why won't you unlock the door!?!"

2) To get away from dishes, laundry, and all the other household chores that we just don't want to deal with for the first week. I don't want to worry about how long the grass is getting, or which kid left their socks in the middle of the livingroom floor! I want to just indulge in each other with the beautiful scenery, and enjoy the HOT TUB!!!

This doesn't always apply to everyone. I guess since most haven't been previously married or have kids, then it's easier to be at home. I just sure do NOT want my mother coming over one lazy morning just to see how we're settling in for the first week. I'll worry about her later!!!

The first week, I just want to learn to enjoy married life!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

California Dreamin'

Crazy Cat Lady
Site Supporter
Mar 30, 2004
Nova Scotia, Canada
✟60,435.00
Faith
Un. Church of CA
Marital Status
Engaged
I just found out the place my friend works gets a good deal on trips to Florida (Orlando, includes Disneyworld, Ft. Lauderdale) and then a Carribean cruise and we are really considering it. Katrina and her boyfriend would come with us as well, and I think it would be so much fun for the 4 of us to do. I had always considered Disneyworld for the honeymoon because I've never been there!

Upvote 0

Butterfly

Tins the Chocoholic
Apr 4, 2004
Hugging a cat and eating chocolate
✟105,420.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You'd go on a honeymoon with another couple hanging around? You wouldn't catch me doing that! I want to be able to dedicate all my time to my husband and learning how to live with eachother and make the first few days really really count for us! But, that's just me :)

Upvote 0

IslandBreeze

Caribbean Queen
Sep 2, 2002
✟18,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm also of the mindset that it's important to get away. After all of the planning and stress of a wedding, it's really a good idea to take a vacation, if for no other reason. You'll have the rest of your life to be at home. Enjoy those first few days together somewhere special!

Upvote 0