Homosexuality isn't a sin, nor is gay marriage (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
genez said:
With Christians, you just do not like being told homosexuality is a sin.

Turn the tables around, and what if you were told it was a sin to be a heterosexual, and these so-called passages of Scripture were used against you?

Upvote 0

Jet_A_Jockey

Jet+Jetslove=2gether4ever :)
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2006
hurricane central
Visit site
✟39,891.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My motives? For what exactly? Posting here?

I believe God loves us as he created us, and all I see (especially within the area I live) is gay people pushed away from the church by people like the many here who claim to speak out of "love".

An attempt at correction is out of love, otherwise no one would bother posting. I rarely go to church and even if I did attend regularly I would actually be happy to know there were homosexuals attending.
I've said this before a few times but my motives are to reach out to those who feel ostracised from Christianity due to their sexuality, and try and show one can be gay, have a relationship with a member of the same-sex and be welcome in Gods kingdom. They are not mutually exclusive things.
How do you know that homosexuality is welcome in God's kingdom?

Upvote 0

Jet_A_Jockey

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2006
hurricane central
Visit site
✟39,891.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Turn the tables around, and what if you were told it was a sin to be a heterosexual, and these so-called passages of Scripture were used against you?

I'd think many of us would twist it to justify our position, some would accept it and repent, all while dwindling the population due to lack of procreation :D

Upvote 0

HaloHope

May 25, 2007
✟9,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
You might feel pushed out of the churches you attend, but pastors have an obligation before God to keep the flock from pollution.

Pollution? Heh. Jesus welcomed all. Im not really talking about local churches though (there are plenty of gay affirming churches in the area). I feel the church as a whole has a bad image among gay people (which isnt surprising consider the way the church treats gay people), and I feel called to do my best to dispell that. God loves everyone, sexuality is a non-issue.

It's not so much the local churches that is the concern--it's The Church of Jesus Christ universally that you have opted out of with your disobedience. Renounce the willful sinning and come back to Jesus Christ and enjoy fellowship with the saints again!

Im not "willfully" sinning, I sin frequently of course and ask for forgiveness for my sins. However homosexuality isnt anything to do with my sins.

Upvote 0

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'd think many of us would twist it to justify our position, some would accept it and repent, all while dwindling the population due to lack of procreation :D
Not one Scripture has been twisted to come to the conclusions that I have with these "clobber passages", interestingly enough. I have used all credible Scholars for my proofs, and proven the inconsistencies in the translations (esp. where 1 Cor. 6:9 is concerned).

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
[/color][/size][/font][/b]

Pollution? Heh. Jesus welcomed all.

Yeah, but they didn't all come! We have to listen to the Word when it comes to "doing church."

Im not really talking about local churches though (there are plenty of gay affirming churches in the area). I feel the church as a whole has a bad image among gay people (which isnt surprising consider the way the church treats gay people), and I feel called to do my best to dispell that. God loves everyone, sexuality is a non-issue.

The Church has a bad image with homosexuals? Talk about skewed! Homosexuals who are unrepentant MUST leave the churches. Same goes for fornicators and adulterers and thieves, and brawlers--if the continue in the churches and refuse to repent, they cannot stay, for the sake of the flock.

Im not "willfully" sinning, I sin frequently of course and ask for forgiveness for my sins. However homosexuality isnt anything to do with my sins.

If you are homosexual, and refuse to turn away from it and confess it to Jesus Christ as the Word of God instructs, then you are willfully sinning and will reap all the promised consequences for it. It's started already, hasn't it? It must be very painful.

Jesus died for that pain--give it to Him and live, be healed, made right with God.

Upvote 0

Shredhead

Senior Veteran
Sep 5, 2007
Queensland
✟22,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe God loves us as he created us, and all I see (especially within the area I live) is gay people pushed away from the church by people like the many here who claim to speak out of "love".
Why say that ? just because you disagree ?
I've said this before a few times but my motives are to reach out to those who feel ostracised from Christianity due to their sexuality, and try and show one can be gay, have a relationship with a member of the same-sex and be welcome in Gods kingdom. They are not mutually exclusive things.
We believe they are mutally exclusive . Why we get upset is because your philosophy joins Christ , whom we Love , to sin , & by doing so , are actually leading the people you say you love , to Hell .

Upvote 0

HaloHope

May 25, 2007
✟9,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
We believe they are mutally exclusive . Why we get upset is because your philosophy joins Christ , whom we Love , to sin , & by doing so , are actually leading the people you say you love , to Hell .

I believe the "tough love" attitude of many here actually PUSHES people into hell.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jet_A_Jockey

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2006
hurricane central
Visit site
✟39,891.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I believe the "tough love" attitude of many here actually PUSHES people into hell.

does it push any more than those that promote the skewing and stretching of scripture that they disagree with? All I've seen is people attempting to justify what I understand as a sin, by various methods ranging from skewing or discrediting scriptures to denouncing the entire bible as a man made work not inspired of God. They ask us for proof, and yet have no proof of God's approval. Even if the scriptural references condemning homosexual activities were without a doubt disregarded, it still does not anywhere prove that homosexuality is o.k. or blessed by God. At the most you could claim that homosexuality may or may not be o.k.

All of this is not only leading people astray, but it's utterly blasphemous.

Upvote 0
P

Phinehas2

Dear EnemyPartyII
Well I don’t see any divorced people claiming they are Divorced Christians, forming divorced Christian pressure groups

we don't see people being beaten and chained to a fence in the rain to die for being divorced either... that might prompt the formation of a few more "divorce pressure groups"
But if we don’t whats your point?

My point as I said was that I don’t see any divorced people claiming they are Divorced Christians, forming divorced Christian pressure groups like I do gay

You're singling people out... so, by your own definition... are you a Christian?
No you are singling people out I am just referring to whether the views being expressed are Christian, you are the one telling me people are Christians.

Also by the dictionary definition and the historic apostolic Christian definition, I am.

Upvote 0

HaloHope

May 25, 2007
✟9,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I'm sorry you see us that way , honestly . If either of my children were playing with matches , I'd smack first , explain later .

Probably where we differ, I would never smack my children (if and when I have any)

Upvote 0
P

Phinehas2

Dear Aquamarine81,
Are Fred Phelps and his followers Christian? They claim to be, so many people just take them at their word. And because they claim to be Christians while condemning gays to hell and protesting funerals, their actions make ALL Christians look bad.
According to the self definition that some believe here yes Fred Phelps is certainly a Christian. However I have some serious reservations about how he can hold his views that God hates anyone let alone homosexuals if God so loved the world and Jesus died to save us and that God wants no one to perish. John
3:16, 2 Peter 3:9. But I guess for some here Fred Phelps is as entitled to ignore/interpret that scripture as some here ignore/interpret Gen 2, Gen 19, Lev 18 & 20, Judges 19, Matt 19, Mark 10, Eph 5, Heb 13, 1 Cor 5-7, Romans 1, 1 Tim 1, 2 Peter 2, Jude 1.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jet_A_Jockey

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2006
hurricane central
Visit site
✟39,891.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Probably where we differ, I would never smack my children (if and when I have any)

spare the rod spoil the child, believe me you may change your position on this if you ever decide to become a parent ^_^

Upvote 0

HaloHope

May 25, 2007
✟9,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
does it push any more than those that promote the skewing and stretching of scripture that they disagree with? All I've seen is people attempting to justify what I understand as a sin, by various methods ranging from skewing or discrediting scriptures to denouncing the entire bible as a man made work not inspired of God. They ask us for proof, and yet have no proof of God's approval. Even if the scriptural references condemning homosexual activities were without a doubt disregarded, it still does not anywhere prove that homosexuality is o.k. or blessed by God. At the most you could claim that homosexuality may or may not be o.k.

I dont claim to "know" what God says as I am not God. I find it supremely arrogant when people claim they do speak for God. However, I go with what I believe, what I see when I read the Bible, what I have ALWAYS seen when I have read the Bible, way before I started reading things on the internet.

All of this is not only leading people astray, but it's utterly blasphemous.

You see it as leading people astray. Thats fine. I see it as doing my best to stand up for those who are treated like they are barely human by many Christians because they are gay. Letting gay people know they can have a same-sex relationship and be at peace with God. You may call it blasphemous, I say its good news as it should be(i.e. good).

Upvote 0

Jet_A_Jockey

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2006
hurricane central
Visit site
✟39,891.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I dont claim to "know" what God says as I am not God. I find it supremely arrogant when people claim they do speak for God. However, I go with what I believe, what I see when I read the Bible, what I have ALWAYS seen when I have read the Bible, way before I started reading things on the internet. .

If you don't know what God says then how you could you possibly determine what is a sin and what isn't?

Upvote 0

Shredhead

Senior Veteran
Sep 5, 2007
Queensland
✟22,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
spare the rod spoil the child, believe me you may change your position on this if you ever decide to become a parent ^_^
I'll gaurantee it lol .
Really ? , so after you've told your child for the 5th time not to play with matches & they've burnt your house down , killing all inside , you'll what ? put them in a timeout ? No , kids as well as adults need to know there are consequences for their actions/choices . Hence all the warnings throughout Gods' Word about unrepentance .

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I'll gaurantee it lol .

Really ? , so after you've told your child for the 5th time not to play with matches & they've burnt your house down , killing all inside , you'll what ? put them in a timeout ? No , kids as well as adults need to know there are consequences for their actions/choices . Hence all the warnings throughout Gods' Word about unrepentance .

http://pichostonline.com/ Yep!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.