Home Secretary: I smoked cannabis

TheReasoner

Former christian, current teapot agnostic.
Mar 14, 2005
Norway
✟29,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Those stats don't say much about marijuana because:
How do you record deaths by marijuana when the death would be caused by the same junk which is in cigarettes? Clogged arteries, lung cancer... Besides, most who smoke cannabis/marijuana also smoke tobacco.
Yes, it is a quite non-dangerous drug. It doesn't send you packing into hell like heroin does. If you smoke a hundred joints in a short while chances that you'll become 100% normal again are very large.
But marijuana isn't harmless. It is harmful in the same way cigarettes are. With a few added bonuses. Sure, you won't die from a THC overdose. You'll just have some memory/concentration/focus problems as well as some motor skills issues which may make driving unsafe. And these effects can last a long time. Several days. And there's always the risk of schizophrenia. As outlined here. Like it says, it doesn't affect many people at all. But still, according to their studies somewhere between 8 and 13% of people with schizophrenia had it triggered by cannabis.

I'm not afraid of marijuana. I know what it does, I am well informed for a layman and I won't try it for that reason.

Upvote 0

dawnsday

Senior Veteran
Nov 19, 2004
STL, MO
✟18,344.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Can't. Too integrated into our culture.
Besides, small amounts of alcohol is healthy. The same cannot be said for Cannabis.

Besides, there's no real reason why we should allow more recreational drugs, is there?
We have enough problems with alcohol. Why increase availability of other drugs when all these can do - at best - is to substitute one problem for another? Most likely just add another problem to an already existing one.

more people die from alcohol related problems, then cannibis. In fact...the drug itself isn't addictive, physically (though anything can be psychologically addictive)...overall the drug is much safer then alcohol...

there are these commercials i love. It used to be that adults lied to kids about drugs and made them out like weed is going to make you nutso, but these pot commercials are so dead on. "My brother smoked pot, he didn't try other drugs, he didn't become violent, he didn't drive and get into an accident....in fact...he didn't do anything at all"...then it shows the brother just sitting on the couch all lazy like. Now THAT is the real effects of being a pot head...

Upvote 0

thenewageriseth

Stranger in my town, commoner in my realm
Apr 28, 2005
Illinois
Visit site
✟27,180.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Having a bad experience with a pot smoker is just the same as having a bad experience with a person. They are stupid people who do stupid things all the time, and the stories you relate probably had nothing to do with weed and had more to do with people just being people.
No,cuz I accidentally inhaled some, in a car, as well, and I went bananas one night, cuz I was already in a bad mood.

Upvote 0

marshlewis

Apr 13, 2004
✟3,955.00
Faith
Atheist
You can never, ever, OD on Marijuana, and it also does not contain any tar. I have a prescription for medical marijuana, and you can use a vaporizer, which is recommended by doctors.:)

What you do is you take the buds of the mature plant and ( whatever) with the rest of the plant, cabbage, you boil it in a big pot. 40 litres if you can manage it. This allows you to place many rotations of 10 plants each. As each batch of plants boil they release THC in a visible oil. once you have boiled all your plants you skim off this oil in grades of purity. The most pure is the stuff that rests at the centre of the pot. The further from the edges the less pure.
This oil is placed into medicine captuals recycled from over the counter medicine and are good for at least 35-40 hits taken by heating a butter knife over a gas jet and using it to vapourize a drop of oil on a pin dipped into the oil.

Swallow a couple of these 'Caps' and your history. It happens.

Upvote 0

TheReasoner

Mar 14, 2005
Norway
✟29,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What you do is you take the buds of the mature plant and ( whatever) with the rest of the plant, cabbage, you boil it in a big pot. 40 litres if you can manage it. This allows you to place many rotations of 10 plants each. As each batch of plants boil they release THC in a visible oil. once you have boiled all your plants you skim off this oil in grades of purity. The most pure is the stuff that rests at the centre of the pot. The further from the edges the less pure.
This oil is placed into medicine captuals recycled from over the counter medicine and are good for at least 35-40 hits taken by heating a butter knife over a gas jet and using it to vapourize a drop of oil on a pin dipped into the oil.

Swallow a couple of these 'Caps' and your history. It happens.
I didn't know that. Interesting!
Can you verify it?

Upvote 0

sarink

Apr 24, 2007
WOODSTOCK
✟15,121.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gen 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which [is] upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which [is] the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat
Mat 15:11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
Mat 15:12 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?
Mat 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheReasoner

Mar 14, 2005
Norway
✟29,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Actually my evidence was anecdotal. After being prodded into action I have found no evidence to support this.
it is logical though. Nicotine in it's pure form is also lethal. Smoked it will not - to my knowledge - cause instant death no matter how much you smoke. Well, within reason. It's always theoretically possible to get strangled and die from oxygen deprivation. But I think you'd have to smoke a LOT before that happened.

Upvote 0

TheReasoner

Mar 14, 2005
Norway
✟29,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
British words are strange. As Mark Twain once observed, "America and Britain are two nations divided by a common language." Upon reading this title, I wondered why the lady secretary doesn't stay at home working on her typing and mailing letters etc.
Technically... Wouldn't the American English be weird, as it is a deviation from the norm?

:p

Actually, I do agree. British English words can be harder than American English.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TheNewWorldMan

phased plasma rifle in 40-watt range
Jan 2, 2007
✟28,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
From where I sit, smoking marijuana is an unhealthy and undesirable habit. Nothing more. It is no more a moral turpitude than smoking tobacco or consuming alcohol.

I eat more cheeseburgers than is healthy and I drink soda...I wouldn't want a bunch of guys throwing me into a dungeon and then sodomizing me regularly for the next five years because they disapproved of my lifestyle choice.

Long past time to regulate and tax marijuana the same way we do alcohol and tobacco.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,665.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The spelling of American English is far more logical.
Our spelling is logical compared to Britain's???!!

They must pronounce Q's as M's or something then, because even American english breaks so many of its own nebulous spelling-pronunciation rules.

Upvote 0