Veteran
Oct 26, 2004
Cornwall, United Kingdom
✟16,959.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
such as the American's removing the letter U from almost every word where it follows a O. Colour becomes color, flavour becomes flavor, honour becomes honor etc. I think myself and my fellow Brits still pronounce the U. Pronounced "Cull-Ur", not "Cull-Or".

Upvote 0

marshlewis

Apr 13, 2004
✟3,955.00
Faith
Atheist
such as the American's removing the letter U from almost every word where it follows a O. Colour becomes color, flavour becomes flavor, honour becomes honor etc. I think myself and my fellow Brits still pronounce the U. Pronounced "Cull-Ur", not "Cull-Or".

If the US pronounced it the same way they would probably spell it colur.

Upvote 0

Thirst_For_Knowledge

I Am A New Title
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
Visit site
✟8,524.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, we can't allow for total freedom.

drogujuce-dievcata.jpg

narkoman-prostitutka.jpg

obet1.jpg

obet1b.jpg

HAha, the second one is wearing a Nirvana shirt. There's a joke in there, somewhere.

Upvote 0

marshlewis

Apr 13, 2004
✟3,955.00
Faith
Atheist
True, why change all S's to Z's. It messes up my Firefox spell checker.

the letter Z is pronunced Zed not Zee.

This is a point that Ive come across before. A friend of mine from Crewe always pronounced his g's hard. sin -ginga for singing. To me this just adds extra constanants to a word. (Im from NZ and all our ng's are soft).
I live in Australia and here they follow the british practice of calling the letter H as if it were a word like 'hache'. In NZ they say A i ch, a soft sound. In use its almost Identical as the hache sound.

To me the letter Z is pronounced Zzz, no vowls involved and the letter itself is pronounced Zee.
US spelling is more phonetic than English spelling. Not by much but it is.

Upvote 0

Maynard Keenan

Aug 21, 2004
Louisville, KY
✟20,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Can't. Too integrated into our culture.
Besides, small amounts of alcohol is healthy. The same cannot be said for Cannabis.

Besides, there's no real reason why we should allow more recreational drugs, is there?
We have enough problems with alcohol. Why increase availability of other drugs when all these can do - at best - is to substitute one problem for another? Most likely just add another problem to an already existing one.

You approach the subject from the perspective of government controlling everything and then deciding on which issues to "allow" people liberty. Why not start with liberty and then decide which things are essential for government to control? Start with all things legal and make the case for government action against cannabis.

Reactions: marshlewis
Upvote 0

Robbie_James_Francis

May all beings have happiness and its causes
Apr 12, 2005
England, UK
✟20,261.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

thenewageriseth

Stranger in my town, commoner in my realm
Apr 28, 2005
Illinois
Visit site
✟27,180.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
:D What a joke.

"Most teens don't even know that marijuana use can hurt their grades and SAT scores"...not surprising that they don't 'know' this given that it's a total lie.
Hmm...really? :scratches:
Well...either way I'd stay away from that wacky stuff.
I'm emotional and nervous enough.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheReasoner

Former christian, current teapot agnostic.
Mar 14, 2005
Norway
✟29,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
:D What a joke.

"Most teens don't even know that marijuana use can hurt their grades and SAT scores"...not surprising that they don't 'know' this given that it's a total lie.
Sure that's a lie. Just like gravity.

:doh:

Maybe you shouldn't accept all the propaganda you read as facts.

Upvote 0

Museveni

Homo Sapiens Invictus
Feb 28, 2007
Sweden
✟8,845.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Isnt there like Zero cases of people actully ODing on Marijuna? Also your avarage ciggaret is alot more dangerous then a joint.

Still I dont drink(coffee,tea,alcohol),smoke(anything) or do drugs myself so got no first hand experience. Werent there a study awhile back though that showed that sugar was +100times more addictive then any "natural" drug(not the lab stuff)?

Upvote 0

TheReasoner

Mar 14, 2005
Norway
✟29,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Isnt there like Zero cases of people actully ODing on Marijuna? Also your avarage ciggaret is alot more dangerous then a joint.

Still I dont drink(coffee,tea,alcohol),smoke(anything) or do drugs myself so got no first hand experience. Werent there a study awhile back though that showed that sugar was +100times more addictive then any "natural" drug(not the lab stuff)?
Sources on danger of cigarrettes relative to marijuana?

Do you really believe that because there are no registered ODs on Cannabis that automatically means it is harmless?
How many have ODed on Nicotine from smoking cigarettes? If you take nicotine intravenously it is lethal. I am fairly sure THC would be lethal too, intravenously.

Upvote 0

Robbie_James_Francis

Apr 12, 2005
England, UK
✟20,261.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Maybe you shouldn't accept all the propaganda you read as facts.

Right back at you. Whether they admit it or not, most people that are against cannabis legalisation, including most in this thread, do not base their beliefs on serious studies but on vague feelings that cannabis is wrong because of government propaganda.

Upvote 0

TheReasoner

Mar 14, 2005
Norway
✟29,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Right back at you. Whether they admit it or not, most people that are against cannabis legalisation, including most in this thread, do not base their beliefs on serious studies but on vague feelings that cannabis is wrong because of government propaganda.
I'm no expert, but I don't take a stance lightly. Though I am prepared to abandon a stance if I am proven wrong. Which I have not been in this case.
I am surprised at how many believe half-truths and outright lies though. Like it being "anti carcinogenic"... Where would anyone get such an idea? It's ludicrous.
I have been to plenty of lectures on the subject, and I have read up on it before I took a stance. I'm against legalization. But for medical use.
What I am for is a HARD crackdown on producers of harder drugs. I don't say this lightly...

Hard drugs producers are an enemy we need to take seriously. Not only are the drugs they sell often used to purchase arms and fund terror or warfare destabilizing nations in other parts of the world, they are also harming our economy and killing our civilians. Causing crime to rise and aspects of society to destabilize. As such it needs a stronger focus by the politicians and military leadership, and it is my expressed opinion that as such a threat the UN should utilize lethal force in the termination of this. It should be made a high priority - and though it will cost human lives, the drug production and trafficking should be stopped. It is my opinion that this enemy needs to face the consequences any enemy using conventional means to achieve the same goal would face - the barrel of a gun, and the projectiles coming from said barrel.
As a soldier I was itching to be put into combat. Use my training. And if I could choose, I would choose this fight. This enemy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Robbie_James_Francis

Apr 12, 2005
England, UK
✟20,261.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
I am surprised at how many believe half-truths and outright lies though. Like it being "anti carcinogenic"... Where would anyone get such an idea?

From a myriad of independent scientific studies, that's where. I never said that smoking cannabis cured cancer, nor even that the overall effect of smoking cannabis was anti-carcinogenic. What I said was that many chemicals in marijuana are known anti-carcinogens.

As I'm on lunch at work, I can't access the relevant online sources as the word 'marijuana' is filtered from URLs. But I can provide links later.

Upvote 0

TheReasoner

Mar 14, 2005
Norway
✟29,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
From a myriad of independent scientific studies, that's where. I never said that smoking cannabis cured cancer, nor even that the overall effect of smoking cannabis was anti-carcinogenic. What I said was that many chemicals in marijuana are known anti-carcinogens.

As I'm on lunch at work, I can't access the relevant online sources as the word 'marijuana' is filtered from URLs. But I can provide links later.
Please do :)

Upvote 0

Robbie_James_Francis

Apr 12, 2005
England, UK
✟20,261.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Sorry it took so long...was busy finally turning 18 and making a (Thursday to Sunday) weekend of it. :p

Anyhoo, certain chemicals in cannabis would seem to reduce tumours in lab rats.

Another very large study found no link between cannabis use and lung cancer.

Other studies have found otherwise...but to suggest that the majority of studies have found significant harm as a result of cannabis is untrue. Most have found the exact opposite.

Of course, one study against hundreds will then have its claims exaggerated, and we get such rubbish as 'one joint gives you a 40% chance of getting scizophrenia'.

Upvote 0