"Holy Spirit" not Kundalini

1whirlwind

Jun 26, 2009
✟5,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How do we distinguish the two, one ids definitely false but is huge in the charismatic circles.

If you look at the prophecies we know that that cannot be the Holy Spirit.

I had to google "Kundalini" and...it's not a good thing. Why would charismatic circles be taking part in it? How have you heard of it?

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
In all cases, after Yeshua had touched them, they became calm and quiet...

Mark 5:15
When they came to Jesus, they saw the man who had been possessed by the legion of demons, sitting there, dressed and in his right mind; and they were afraid.

If the spiritual experience does not bring you the peace that passes all understanding, a reverence for God, a sense of awe and worship for Him, then I would question its value.

Upvote 0

1whirlwind

Jun 26, 2009
✟5,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

1whirlwind

Jun 26, 2009
✟5,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In all cases, after Yeshua had touched them, they became calm and quiet...

Mark 5:15
When they came to Jesus, they saw the man who had been possessed by the legion of demons, sitting there, dressed and in his right mind; and they were afraid.

If the spiritual experience does not bring you the peace that passes all understanding, a reverence for God, a sense of awe and worship for Him, then I would question its value.

Are you saying that all such experiences, such as being "slain in the spirit" are not of God? I personally believe God has nothing to do with it or with speaking in tongues, as in gibberish, but I know some wonderful people that have experienced it. :doh:I really don't understand this at all.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Are you saying that all such experiences, such as being "slain in the spirit" are not of God? I personally believe God has nothing to do with it or with speaking in tongues, as in gibberish, but I know some wonderful people that have experienced it. :doh:I really don't understand this at all.
I look at the results.... with God's Presence, come great insight and change. ...

Upvote 0

mont974x4

The Christian Anarchist
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Montana, USA
Visit site
✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Visionary has made some wise statements. It is sad, but it is keeping with Scripture, that many will be fooled by false messiah's, false christ's and we can safely assume false spirit's. The charismatic groups seem to be more prone to these because they have an intent interest in the Holy Spirit. The problem is a lack if biblical knowledge and their intent in the Spirit not being matched with an intent interest in testing the spirits.

I am also one of those that came out of that, thankfully as a teen I had parents that were intentional in studying Scripture and testing the spirits.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LiturgyInDMinor

Celtic Rite Old Catholic Church
Feb 20, 2009
✟7,265.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's not an evil spirit, it's man made, hindu influenced rubbish IMHO.
It's sad the the new age movement has influenced charismatic circles to this point.

Kundalini is an Eastern concept of enlightenment in which, through meditation, electrical energy moves up 7 chakras and impacts the pineal gland bringing forth spiritual enlightenment. When the Kundalini awakens it causes certain manifestations. If you compare the manifestations of the rising Kundalini with the manifestations in [charismatic circles] you will find that they are identical in every way. When we openly accept manifestations that have no biblical precedent yet mimic those of the Eastern religions in every way, we have to seriously re-examine our doctrine.
SOURCE

Thankyou for listening.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's not an evil spirit, it's man made, hindu influenced BS IMHO.
It's sad the the new age movement has influenced charismatic circles to this point.

Kundalini is an Eastern concept of enlightenment in which, through meditation, electrical energy moves up 7 chakras and impacts the pineal gland bringing forth spiritual enlightenment. When the Kundalini awakens it causes certain manifestations. If you compare the manifestations of the rising Kundalini with the manifestations in [charismatic circles] you will find that they are identical in every way. When we openly accept manifestations that have no biblical precedent yet mimic those of the Eastern religions in every way, we have to seriously re-examine our doctrine.
SOURCE

Thankyou for listening.
That sounds right.
A person I knew a long time ago studied Kundalini. The books he had descibed it as a coiled snake at the base of the spine that when it was awakened it unraveled the secrets of the universe for them instantly.
Christian's practising that bypass the Holy Spirit as the teacher and claim the knowledge is inherent in them.
While that may be biblical that the HS brings things to rememberence, it's not biblical to reley on self.

Upvote 0

LiturgyInDMinor

Feb 20, 2009
✟7,265.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That sounds right.
A person I knew a long time ago studied Kundalini. The books he had descibed it as a coiled snake at the base of the spine that when it was awakened it unraveled the secrets of the universe for them instantly.
Christian's practising that bypass the Holy Spirit as the teacher and claim the knowledge is inherent in them.
While that may be biblical that the HS brings things to rememberence, it's not biblical to reley on self.

Sounds just like a friend of mine who practiced "white witchcraft", ie Wicca...she "could cast spells".
Not.
She thought that she could, but couldn't.
:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mont974x4

The Christian Anarchist
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Montana, USA
Visit site
✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Prove it please.

Thankyou for listening.

Anything that is not of God, that is against Christ, is assumed to be anti-christ. We must remember that we are engaged in a spiritual battle. This is especially important when we are dealing with spiritual things (especially religious practices and belief systems). To claim it is not an evil spirit lends credence to the idea that such things are OK, and acceptable practices and beliefs for a follower of Christ to engage. That is a dangerous road to go down.

Upvote 0

LiturgyInDMinor

Feb 20, 2009
✟7,265.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Anything that is not of God, that is against Christ, is assumed to be anti-christ. We must remember that we are engaged in a spiritual battle. This is especially important when we are dealing with spiritual things (especially religious practices and belief systems). To claim it is not an evil spirit lends credence to the idea that such things are OK, and acceptable practices and beliefs for a follower of Christ to engage. That is a dangerous road to go down.

Convolusion.

Prove that this Khundalini is an actual evil spirit.

Also, prove that this supposed spirit is against Christ, because of all the reading that I have done involving "it", not once does it state it's against, nor for Christ. It's a HINDU engeristic philosophy. Man made in the mind alone. Is it against GOD? NO, it's just stupid, and not EVIL in intent. Is there an actual demon, NOW named Khundalini by certain christians of the charismatic persuasion, running around now ready to do battle with us? I say nope.
If that's the case I blame the game of Golf on it too! I love to play, but man I feel so not with God when I play it cause I suck! ;)

I am not condoning it, I don't believe it's an evil spirit either, I believe it's a charismatic fad to justify certain things that they do.
Example: falling down on your face is from the Holy Spirit for sure!!!!
BUT, people swaying in weird convulsions is KHUNDALINI!

Honestly, people give the Fallen Angel, ie Satan way way WAY too much credit for stuff such as this!

Prove it please, you haven't even come close brother.
:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LiturgyInDMinor

Feb 20, 2009
✟7,265.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Read the Bible. You deny it, that is your choice.

That's what I thought. Thanks for perusing my questions and my examples concering this subject. I hope others have some answers or at least intelligent speculation for me eh.

It is the same answer I get from every charismatic(who talks about this stuff) around here on CF. The funny part of all of this is that I have a lot of pentecostal and charismatic non-denom friends offline...and I've talked to them about this(it's brought up a LOT in the Spirit filled forums here at CF..and they NEVER HEARD OF IT.

Is this a CF and internet phenomenon? Seems like it...unless you are Hindu.

You've proven nothing to me to state otherwise.
Not an evil spirit it seems, just speculation.

Thanks for listening.

Upvote 0

mont974x4

The Christian Anarchist
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Montana, USA
Visit site
✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
If Jesus was right when He said He is the way, the truth, and the life and no one comes to the Father except through Him then all others are wrong. I have nothing to prove. Your denial of this speaks volumes on your understanding of Scripture.

I came out of the charismatic movement and such things do influence them. They are also making inroads in the emergent movement. It is even taught in Bible colleges under the guise of "spiritual formation" classes. I know, I just finished the class a few months ago. It is deeply troubling.

Upvote 0