The Bear. Not The Bull.
Dec 17, 2014
Lake Ouachita
✟16,029.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...cades-after-reagan-assassination-attempt.html

The man who tried to kill President Ronald Reagan is set to go free, after a judge decided Wednesday to allow would-be assassin John Hinckley Jr. to live with his mother in Virginia full-time.

Hinckley is set to begin his "convalescent leave" on Aug. 5, according to U.S. District Judge Paul Friedman's order.

Friedman wrote that "all of the experts and treatment providers" who testified during the hearing agreed that Hinckley's issues -- major depression and psychotic disorder -- were "in full and sustained remission and have been for more than twenty years."

Thanks Obama.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I get the idea that you think that what almost every president does in the interim between the election and the day he leaves office is sit around and play cards. Either that or you think Obama is so unlike every one of his predecessors that this man who routinely flouts the Constitution and makes law by Executive Order won't do any more of it after November. I'll get back to you when the time comes and we all see what happens.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Thanks Obama.

Indeed. It is nice to see society gaining a more enlightened view of mental illness. We wouldn't punish someone for getting cancer, and we also shouldn't punish someone for mental illness.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
But who is he going to target next? Jody Foster is still alive…

Hmm, Carter was his first choice…
Wouldn't it be nuts if he joined habitat for humanity and helped Jimmy Carter build houses? [That was Carter who did that right?]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Let's pray/hope the experts who have been treating and evaluating him for decades are correct. If they are, then no reason to keep him confined.

If he is all better now, and since James Brady death was ruled a homicide, he should be arrested and tried.

Upvote 0

SepiaAndDust

There's a FISH in the percolator
May 6, 2012
Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
If he is all better now, and since James Brady death was ruled a homicide, he should be arrested and tried.

You want to wait for those suffering mental illness to recover, then try them for things they did while they were mentally ill?

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,820.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Good lord do I actually have to state that Hinckley being freed has nothing to do with Obama?
On this forum? You might as well talk with your goldfish.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
You want to wait for those suffering mental illness to recover, then try them for things they did while they were mentally ill?

Not me personally, but I suspect that is the reason his death was ruled a homicide.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wouldn't it be nuts if he joined habitat for humanity and helped Jimmy Carter build houses? [That was Carter who did that right?]
Awesome. Put me on the list for a Hinckley House.
I'll sell it to the highest bidder whether they want to live in it or watch it burn.

Upvote 0