Bismarck, AR
✟7,651.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am 14, 15 on November 6. I live in Arkansas, much to my dismay. I am a freshman. I am a very open-minded and liberal person, but I'm not one of those psycho liberals that think that the filthy Republicans are trying to cling to the 15th century. I think I'm a pretty intelligent person. I'm sometimes a little arrogant about any intelligence I posess, but I've been trying very hard to surpress that particular habit. I am interested in religion, swimming, political science, philosophy, the Anglican/Episcopalian church, Modern Orthodox Judaism, indie and alternative music, reggae, world music, jazz, playing the trumpet, taking walks, band, universities, debating, message boards, Golivewire, The-N, and FOOD.

I want to go to Northwestern University in Chicago, and double major in either Liberal Arts, Philosophy, Linguistics, Music Performance/Education, Comparative Religion, or History and minor in one of the areas that I don't choose to be part of my double major. I may then go on to get my LL.M. law degree or get my Ph.D. in the fields that I choose to pursue instead of Law.

Anyways, I am here because I've been on a spiritual journey for some 2 or 3 years. I was raised in a non-religious household, although my mom says she's a Christian and reads the Bible and prays by herself, I suppose. I became interested in religion at 12, and I became engrossed with Judaism. For the longest time, I wanted to convert to Modern Orthodox Judaism. Lately, I've been very attracted to Christianity within the high church spectrum of the Episcopalian/Anglican denomination.

I figured that joining a Christian forum would be a good place to learn and research while I meditate on religions. I probably won't choose until my graduation, which will give me plenty of time to reflect.

Nice to meet you all. :D

Rut

All creation points to the almighty Creator.
Oct 31, 2005
Norway
✟56,960.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
we0001.gif

Upvote 0

bfly

Contributor
Oct 2, 2005
Alabama
✟23,591.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
AKingAmongRunaways said:
I am 14, 15 on November 6. I live in Arkansas, much to my dismay. I am a freshman. I am a very open-minded and liberal person, but I'm not one of those psycho liberals that think that the filthy Republicans are trying to cling to the 15th century. I think I'm a pretty intelligent person. I'm sometimes a little arrogant about any intelligence I posess, but I've been trying very hard to surpress that particular habit. I am interested in religion, swimming, political science, philosophy, the Anglican/Episcopalian church, Modern Orthodox Judaism, indie and alternative music, reggae, world music, jazz, playing the trumpet, taking walks, band, universities, debating, message boards, Golivewire, The-N, and FOOD.

I want to go to Northwestern University in Chicago, and double major in either Liberal Arts, Philosophy, Linguistics, Music Performance/Education, Comparative Religion, or History and minor in one of the areas that I don't choose to be part of my double major. I may then go on to get my LL.M. law degree or get my Ph.D. in the fields that I choose to pursue instead of Law.

Anyways, I am here because I've been on a spiritual journey for some 2 or 3 years. I was raised in a non-religious household, although my mom says she's a Christian and reads the Bible and prays by herself, I suppose. I became interested in religion at 12, and I became engrossed with Judaism. For the longest time, I wanted to convert to Modern Orthodox Judaism. Lately, I've been very attracted to Christianity within the high church spectrum of the Episcopalian/Anglican denomination.

I figured that joining a Christian forum would be a good place to learn and research while I meditate on religions. I probably won't choose until my graduation, which will give me plenty of time to reflect.

Nice to meet you all. :D
Well you have interest beyond my knowledge. I can understand why some might see you as a bit arogrant about you intelligence but that will change in time

But anyway I saw you were interested in indie. Would you please tell me what that is. I had someone tell me "I see you are an indie too" so I don't know what they are talking about.

The soul hardly ever realizes it, but whether he is a believer or not, his loneliness is realy a homesickness for God. -Hubert van Zeller
Hello and Welcome

We are proud you joined our family.
May your time here be spent well.

May all your questions be answered.
May support be found in abundance.

Please visit often and bring all your friends.

You will find the most wonderful refreshments provided free.

I pray your cup will be full and running over with:

Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness and faithfulness.

May the Grace and Mercy of our,
Lord, Jesus Christ
be with your spirit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jul 5, 2006
Bismarck, AR
✟7,651.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
bfly said:
Well you have interest beyond my knowledge. I can understand why some might see you as a bit arogrant about you intelligence but that will change in time

But anyway I saw you were interested in indie. Would you please tell me what that is. I had someone tell me "I see you are an indie too" so I don't know what they are talking about.

The soul hardly ever realizes it, but whether he is a believer or not, his loneliness is realy a homesickness for God. -Hubert van Zeller
Hello and Welcome

We are proud you joined our family.
May your time here be spent well.

May all your questions be answered.
May support be found in abundance.

Please visit often and bring all your friends.

You will find the most wonderful refreshments provided free.

I pray your cup will be full and running over with:

Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness and faithfulness.

May the Grace and Mercy of our,
Lord, Jesus Christ
be with your spirit.
In response to your question about indie music, it really has two meanings. Indie music in the sense that it is independent of major music labels, but still tours, produces records, etc., and indie rock and pop which is generally characterized as a genre by experimental and weird sounds, very creative and random lyrics, and strong, raw emotion being put into the music without the ridiculous screaming that you find in a lot of rock today. A lot of indie bands are both, but there are indie bands that are signed to major labels, such as R.E.M., The Flaming Lips, etc.

That's the best I can describe it.

I would suggest that you take a look at the Wikipedia article on indie music, because it is more thorough than I am.

And thank you for the warm welcome. :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.