Just A Girl
Jan 10, 2008
Florida
✟7,846.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I have a friend, literally a neighbor, who is extremely mislead. He believes that homosexuality is ok with God. He is a very theological/orthodox person. He is also Catholic or Roman Catholic if that should make any difference. I am a simple believer, not a theologian. Nonetheless I tried to raise true arguments to get him to see that homosexuality is wrong in the eyes of God. I told him that God is not a God who changes; I pointed out that many times in the Bible it states that homosexuality is detesable to God; I also pointed out that if a man and a man or a woman and woman we're supposed to be together, what is the point of difference in genders, since a man and a man or a woman and a woman cannot reproduce. I pointed out it is wrong simple because it goes against the word of God. All these things I have pointed out to him and he still does not realize it.

He pays much too much attention to science. For instance, he noted that many animals perform homosexual acts, which is true. I pointed out we are not animals, we are God's creation, made like him. Likewise, he doesn't believe the earth was created in 7 days. (Which, all such facts are in the end unrelative to loving and trusting God since God would show you the answers anyways!).

Can anyone help me find some scriptures or an "argument" which may stand to his and hopefully change his mind? And of course, I have been praying for him.

Thank you!

fm107

Psalm 19:1-4 and Romans 1:20
May 12, 2009
London, UK
✟61,600.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Hope these help:

Leviticus 18:22
'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.

Levicicus 20:13
"'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Acts 15:20
Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood.

Romans 1:24
Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another.

Romans 1:27
In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

1 Corinthains 6:9-10
Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 6:13
Food for the stomach and the stomach for food"--but God will destroy them both. The body is not meant for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body.

1 Corinthains 6:18
Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body.

1 Corinthians 7:2
Because sexual immorality is so rampant, every man should have his own wife, and every woman should have her own husband.

2 Corinthians 12:21
I am afraid that when I come again my God will humble me before you, and I will be grieved over many who have sinned earlier and have not repented of the impurity, sexual sin and debauchery in which they have indulged.

Galations 5:19
The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery;

Ephesions 4:19
Having lost all sensitivity, they have given themselves over to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity, with a continual lust for more.

Ephesians 5:3
But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people.

Ephesians 5:5
For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person--such a man is an idolater--has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

Colossians 3:5
Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry.

1 Thessalonians 4:3
It is God's will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable, not in passionate lust like the heathen, who do not know God;

1 Timothy 1:9-10
that is, if he understands that the law is not intended for righteous people but for lawbreakers and rebels, for ungodly people and sinners, for those who are unholy and irreverent, for those who kill their fathers, their mothers, or other people, for adulterers and perverts, for slave traders and liars and perjurers--and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine

Jude 1:7
In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

I'm sure there is scripture that goes something says something along the lines of Man's thoughts are continually sexually orientated just like those in Sodom. - If anyone knows the verse may be they can post it. I might be wrong about it though.

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Homosexuality is like any other sin, Scripture tells us if we break the least of his commands, It's the same as if we are guilty of breaking all of His commands. None are "greater" since all sins deserve the same Hell, and are absolved by the same blood sacrifice Jesus made.

The problem with your neighbor goes much deeper than his views on Homosexuality. His issues are connected to the part of his heart that allows him to justify changing God's commands and align them with his personal philosophy.. This issue is far greater than what he personally thinks about the same sex, having sex. If the Unforgivable sin was a journey, one that took a life time to complete. Your neighbors sin of Changing God's will to match his own, would be what the foot path of that great "unforgivable" journey would be built on.

Once someone takes that easy to follow well laid out path, it is extremely hard to get them to turn around and come home back to the father. So for your "neighbor" it's best to leave him be unless He wants help to find his way back. Otherwise you may wind up walking his path on your own issues. (Being someone not strong in the faith.)

For now just pray for him and be there if he looks to come back.

Upvote 0
F

freeport

I have a friend, literally a neighbor, who is extremely mislead. He believes that homosexuality is ok with God. He is a very theological/orthodox person. He is also Catholic or Roman Catholic if that should make any difference. I am a simple believer, not a theologian. Nonetheless I tried to raise true arguments to get him to see that homosexuality is wrong in the eyes of God. I told him that God is not a God who changes; I pointed out that many times in the Bible it states that homosexuality is detesable to God; I also pointed out that if a man and a man or a woman and woman we're supposed to be together, what is the point of difference in genders, since a man and a man or a woman and a woman cannot reproduce. I pointed out it is wrong simple because it goes against the word of God. All these things I have pointed out to him and he still does not realize it.

He pays much too much attention to science. For instance, he noted that many animals perform homosexual acts, which is true. I pointed out we are not animals, we are God's creation, made like him. Likewise, he doesn't believe the earth was created in 7 days. (Which, all such facts are in the end unrelative to loving and trusting God since God would show you the answers anyways!).

Can anyone help me find some scriptures or an "argument" which may stand to his and hopefully change his mind? And of course, I have been praying for him.

Thank you!

Main thing I would suggest is looking to God - not thinking about what you will say beforehand, as Jesus recommended - and not so much for prepared answers. God does teach us in our hearts through Scripture, and often those revelations are just so to help such people. [That is teach someone to fish rather then to just hand off a fish.]

On science: everybody is turning to what they call "science" these days instead of God. It reminds me of the time when the Greeks took over the rule of Israel and attempted to force all of Israel to assimilate to their culture. The Greeks were renowned for their earthly wisdom. But, as Paul well points out, 'to the Greeks the cross is foolishness... God's foolishness is greater then man's wisdom'. [And that Greek desecration of the Temple was spoken of in Daniel as a spiritual foreshadowing of the anti-christ.]

Your argument that we are not animals was a very sound animal.

And that is a good point to contemplate on.

We are not called to be animals, but Children of God -- how vast is the difference? And why does man so willingly deprave even his lowly stature to compare himself to mere beasts of the field?

As for those who think they know: they are sitting in judgment of those who do not claim to such knowledge as they do. For them, they are judged as they judge for their judgements are not accurate, but slanderous: and being slanderous they reveal the secrets of their own heart, for they project onto others the very darkness they do not see in their own hearts.

For instance, evolutionists tend to see creationists as naive and unintelligent, not paying attention to evidence. Yet in all of their boasting they are believing men who think themselves "experts" over God. And man and all of his wisdom are but as insects compared to the wisdom of God. Was man there at creation that He might prove how it was one way or the other? No. But Christians have the Spirit of God in their hearts which 'searches out even the deep things of God', so the Spirit confirms the story in creation as being true.

What, however, is their confirmation? Or, what manner of evidence might they have which could tell them how the world came about if they were not there? Should one trust such information?

What they end up doing is trusting the words from 'experts' and their conclusions and singing along with that. Yet, our experts are true experts and we give a testimony they do not believe. Is it not naive of them to trust man's words regardless of how conclusive they might think their evidence is?

The Heavens and the earth were created for our benefit. They do not matter, we matter. These things are but as a wrapping around our consciousness, the backdrop of the story written for us. These who trust in the world and what they see with their fleshly eyes and what they hear with their fleshly ears show they can not comprehend this at all. Instead, they take very literally and permanent what never was.

(No wonder then they love to rail against us for 'taking the Word of God literally', though they show they have no understanding of how we think or what we see in our hearts when they say such things.)

They take the world literally, we take God literally. They can not understand the things of God for they are not of God. Now, whether or not this person is saved or not does not matter, for they are walking in the ways of the world and considering that the final verdict.

But God has so designed things that the wise might be caught in their conceit, and in the end, proven up to be what they are: hypocrites, convicted of the very charges their slander put on the innocent.

Upvote 0

JesusSavedme1

Mar 21, 2009
✟15,465.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Homosexuality is wrong and evil..Look at how the world embrace it even having it legal for marriage its wicked. Look how hollywood accept this evil having heathens shows as ellen degerenes a God hating lesbian ...Plus the catholic religion is of the devil who rely on mary and their church priest to get them into heaven. Theres only one way to heaven and thats through a person Jesus christ

Upvote 0

achristiantech

Saved by Grace
Dec 5, 2005
Heaven's little two acres
✟308.00
Faith
Non-Denom

Thank you!

As you have experienced with your neighbor and you know from the lack of morals by many in our society, the tide has shifted from us being God-centered to man-centered. Individually we are limited in how we can help others including your neighbor. But there is hope for we have faith in God and God is aware of every situation, including yours and your neighbor. God has a plan. Through prayer, share your concerns with Him, seek His guidance, trust God will deal with the situation as He does with all matters.

It is good that you are a caring individual, that you are not self-absorbed with yourself, that you want to help. Continue to share with your neighbor, do not feel you have to argue with him, listen to him, find something that you both might agree on and focus on that. As your friendship develops he may confide in you since you are being a good example of a Christian walking with the Lord. It may be that he will continue to go about his ways, after all much of the influence for each of us is the world around us, there is little regard for God and His ways. You are not responsible for your neighbor, but you are helping him in ways that he may not understand for years to come.

As you grow older you'll find many, many situations that you don't know how to deal with, but God will be there with you all the way. Believe that, trust in Him and know that God's Word will not return void. See Isaiah 55:11.

Keep being yourself and God will use you mightly.

Thank you Lord for Meeker, may you continue to bless this young person.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.