USA
✟41,978.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Ok here is what I think: men have it easier when it comes to romancing their girlfriends than us girls do...at least this is how I feel. What I mean by this is, a guy can get a girl flowers, cards, chocolate, a bath bubble, make a nice dinner, etc....and show his romantic side that she totally loves!

Now, what can a girl do in return? What can a girl get a guy that is not really expensive that will just let him know that she is thinking about him? He doesn't like flowers. He wouldn't like me to give him some bubble bath soap...I don't think he ever takes baths. He is not thrilled by candies. So, what do you girls do??? And guys, any suggestions what to do?

WhenFinallySetFree777

*~[such a beautiful surrender]~*
Jan 22, 2005
Earth
✟2,728.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
My boyfriend still thanks me for getting him an AC/DC cd last Christmas. Sometimes gifts that express love don't have to be too overly romantic, just something that is relevant to the dude in question and shows that you know his taste.

Granted, I like to do more romantic things for my boyfriend from time to time...ok, more than just "from time to time". Some ideas:

*Burn him a CD with your favorite songs, notably the, ah, love variety. (Granted, this can fall flat if you are polar opposites in musical taste - use at your own discretion.)
*Find out what perfume he likes on you - seriously. I've discovered that my dude loves vanilla scented stuff, and it flatters him that I take the time to put it on because I know he likes the smell. He takes it as a gift in itself.
*Back and neck massages. Totally free and totally appreciated by the recipient.
*You mentioned guys making dinner for gals; it'd be cool to make your dude his favorite dish and have a romantic dinner.

Hmmm...I'll try to think of some more.

Upvote 0

KristianJ

What's in a name? Letters...
Feb 9, 2004
Sydney, Australia
✟35,788.00
Faith
Christian
WhenFinallySetFree777 said:
*Back and neck massages. Totally free and totally appreciated by the recipient.

I'll vouch for this one! :thumbsup: I have had many a great relaxing back massage from my g/f, and I've sort of been able to learn the best way to massage so that I can return the gesture :)

Small inexpensive gifts are fun - a couple of months back I received a cute little tumbler filled with mini M&Ms...the chocolate didn't last long but the tumbler (which has a cute cartoon pic of a cyclist on it) sits atop my bookshelf next to a framed pic of her and I from her birthday this year :)

And there could be another fun one - print a photo of you both and create a decorative frame with some cardboard and other decorative bits and pieces. It'll be cheaper than buying a photo frame, but might end up looking much nicer.

Upvote 0

AngylBelle

#1 Cheesehead!!!
Jan 23, 2004
FL
✟14,088.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My beau loves it when I cook for him. I mean really truly loves it! Sometimes that's why I think he proposed ;).

Whenever I am in a store and I see a trinket of some sort that reminds me of him (for example, he likes poker, football, transformers, etc), I will get it "just because," even if it is something as cheap as a keychain. Those little things that I give him for no other reason other than I was thinking of him and love him always mean the most.

You could make something for him too. On our first anniversary I decorated a jar and put 365 reasons I loved him inside with a piece of candy attached to each note. And for his birthday last year, I bought a cheap fruit of the loom t-shirt and some iron-on letters and spelled "I Conquered Cancer" on it because a month prior he was given the all clear. I am still thinking of something to nice to do for him this November though for his "1 year of being cancer-free" anniversary...

We also give eachother cards ALL THE TIME. For no reason. Oh, it's Wednesday...here you go! Your bf sounds like a very difficult man because everything you mentioned in your OP that girls like, my man loves too...as cheesy as it sometimes is to get him flowers, he still loves it and brags about it to his friends because none of their gf's do stuff like that. Tell your beau to lighten up! ^_^

Upvote 0

bumblebee62331

Oct 12, 2005
✟37,794.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Starling2003 said:
Ok here is what I think: men have it easier when it comes to romancing their girlfriends than us girls do...at least this is how I feel. What I mean by this is, a guy can get a girl flowers, cards, chocolate, a bath bubble, make a nice dinner, etc....and show his romantic side that she totally loves!

Now, what can a girl do in return? What can a girl get a guy that is not really expensive that will just let him know that she is thinking about him? He doesn't like flowers. He wouldn't like me to give him some bubble bath soap...I don't think he ever takes baths. He is not thrilled by candies. So, what do you girls do??? And guys, any suggestions what to do?

I agree. Even with non-boyfriend/girlfriends. I mean, I find it hard at Christmas to buy my brother something! My sister is easy - I can get her jewellry, clothes, etc, but one year (a long time ago) i got my brother a KEYRING because I couldn't think of anything else!

:blush:

Upvote 0

WhenFinallySetFree777

*~[such a beautiful surrender]~*
Jan 22, 2005
Earth
✟2,728.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
JAKG said:
The very first thing Sara gave me was a can of diet Mountain Dew because I was taking a long drive and she didn't want me to get drowsy. I still have the empty can because it meant that she cared about me.

:)

Awww...that made me smile.

Upvote 0

RefinedByFire

Jul 21, 2004
Orange County, CA
✟15,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Here's something unorthodox for a girl to do for her b/f:

*Wash his car.*

I mean wash it with your own two hands instead of taking it to the car wash like what most girls do to their own cars.

Then sit back and watch what he does. Every man has a different reaction. It's comical, really.;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

evania

Nov 1, 2005
✟7,647.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
hmm...I have had many similar problems, in the past I have bought,...

remote controlled car
sweater
sox and boxers
pint glasses...then engraved his initials w/ a glass etching kit
things he has needed...(a new loofah....he put his in the drier and it melted)
a star (international star registry)
a shoe box I decorated filled with his favorite candy and letters I had written him from the summer...I travel a lot in the summer and am gone for weeks at a time
DVD's and video games
We were in a long distance relationship for a long time...(military) so his best friend and I got together and created a video of his home town and all his friends and family and all the places he frequented....it was also exciting for him b/c it was the 1st time I had been to his town or met his family....so most of it was new for me too, and he got to see it all through my eyes.
Since he's home permanently now (just two weeks ago!) he's renovating his room...so I'll be buying him things he would enjoy for decoration.

but since it's something to just say you're thinking about him....a little note from halmark that you personalized, and maybe stuck under his windshield wiper should do some pleasing...even if all it says is "I'm thinking of you! "

....I LOVE the 365 reason why I love you candy jar idea....brilliant.

Upvote 0

Iceman_Aragorn

Oct 13, 2004
Langley, BC
✟336.00
Faith
Christian
Well, lemme think, what would I love to get.... certainly the usual stuff you'd give a girl i would just find wierd to receive...

Certainly the way to a man's heart is through is stomach.... I LOVE getting a home-cooked meal by my SO....certainly some of my best birthday present reactions have been to things like beef jerky or candy, lol
Cards and things like that...while generally I wouldn't care...can certainly be a welcome romantic gift from an SO if it's filled with stuff about why you are so important to them.
And of COURSE, anything like backrubs are a great idea.
lol....i kinda like that wash the car idea too ;-)

In terms of just presents, year in and year out, stuff like video games of the genres i like, or other practical stuff that jsut shows she knows my tastes are way up there... i'd take an ice scraper for my car (since i need one) or a new curling broom over a bouquet of flower anyday, but i'll admit stuff with personal touches are even better, just simple things really letting your SO know how you feel.

Upvote 0