Us
✟43,670.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am having a really weird thing happen. Certain thoughts will trigger a very sharp "Prick" somewhere on my body. It feels like ive been stung. Something in my head tells me this prick means whatever I was thinking about is false and it is God letting me know its false. The issue is, these things are ACCURATE and are always right. Even when im not thinking about them, if "God" doesn't like something I think about, ill get one. And, I gotta admit they are starting to scare me.

Has anyone else experienced this? Could this be from God?

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, God does want us to always think what He desires. We need to stay attentive to Him all the time, then, and submit to Him so He is producing our thinking.

So, in case you mean He just pricks you at times, while you produce your own thinking, possibly that is not God. Because He wants us always with Him bringing our thinking, not doing any thinking by ourselves.

And I would say there are different things, not just stings, which can expose that God is not giving us what we are thinking.

Unforgiving thinking

Thinking about how we will control people to do what we think is right

Thinking about how to use someone for what we want, how to fool and control the person

Thinking excuses for not sharing with God's people

Thinking about how people are wrong while not having compassion in prayer for any wrong person

Thinking of God like He is theoretical and at some distance and needs to be explained, when instead we can trust Him and He shares with us and personally guides us in everything

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am having a really weird thing happen. Certain thoughts will trigger a very sharp "Prick" somewhere on my body. It feels like ive been stung. Something in my head tells me this prick means whatever I was thinking about is false and it is God letting me know its false. The issue is, these things are ACCURATE and are always right. Even when im not thinking about them, if "God" doesn't like something I think about, ill get one. And, I gotta admit they are starting to scare me.

yes its of God and a spiritual truth playing out in the natural ... nothing to be afraid of but something to be embraced ...

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

The scripture tells us that the things of the spirit cannot be discerned by the body/flesh.

Pain if incorrect and no pain if correct sounds like an occult punishment/rewards system.

I would recommend to not pay too much attention to it, then none at all.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

God has given us a conscience to warn us if we are in the wrong. If we ignore conscience, He will find other ways to get our attention. I've not heard of a similar "warning" from God to your experience. I do not believe it is from Him. It sounds more like an attack from an evil spirit.

Make sure that you put on the armour of God every day without fail. Bind the evil spirit that causes the pain and command it to be as far from you as the east is from the west. Make sure that you have no unconfessed sin in your life. Resist the devil and he must flee!

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
im wondering if its anxiety driven actually.
I tend to think that.

Maybe the thoughts you have trigger subconscious memories. I've had guilt feelings, which God showed me were due to pre-lingual sensations. These were different to conviction of sin. In the latter case the Lord.showed me what I had done wrong. In the former they were due to experiences I had had as a baby which I couldn't process because I was too young to have any language skills in which to do so. It may be something similar.

Maybe someone pricked you when you were a baby (an older child who was too young to know better perhaps or possibly having inoculations) and you've retained the sensation which is being triggered by your thoughts.

I know the Lord pricks our consciences but I've not heard of Him pricking our bodies. The fact that the pricks are scaring you, rather than guiding and encouraging you into correct thinking and behaviour, makes me think that they are not from God, but I could be wrong. I suggest you get a Church leader to pray with you asking the Lord to reveal the source of them. If they are from the Lord may He guide you, if they are psychological may He reveal the problem and the cure and if they are demonic may you be delivered from them. May the Lord bless you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0