shinkou

Mar 17, 2011
✟8,293.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Hello to everyone. I am a new member to join this site. I am from Japan. As you know my country had a terrible disaster. First an earthquake and Tsunami and now some danger from the Nuclear plant.

I am a Christian that was raised to be Christian by my parents. I am here because I think that Christian support is very useful. These days my country is still in so terrible condition. At this time I do not know if my family is OK. Many people still cannot make phone calls to friends or family members. My hometown is in the north part of Japan that had serious damage. I have spent all my free time checking internet to hear from family, and to see news. It is so stressful so I came to here. I hope to find some support and maybe find something to occupy my time so I do not keep worrying all the time.

Thank you
Shinkou

Reactions: EyesOfKohl

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
theotokosprotection1.jpg

St-Nicholas-of-Japan-card.gif

Most Holy Theotokos, and Saint Nicholas of Japan, pray for us.

Upvote 0

JesusFreak2008

Living Life To Its Fullest Each Day, Praising God
May 1, 2008
Mentor on the Lake, Ohio
Visit site
✟9,377.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I am praying, and am continuing to pray for you, your family, and your country. I saw footage of the tsunami shortly after the earthquake. I heard about it on 3/11/2011 at 2:24am EST, so not too long after it happened. I had friends over there, co-producers, military friends, family and people who I was close to, and the first thing I did was pray. I thought about the tsunami after, and the aftershock which was 6.9, and then the nuclear thing...and thought of what a disaster it would be for you all. I continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers, and if offered the opportunity to go overseas to help, I intend on it...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JesusFreak2008

Living Life To Its Fullest Each Day, Praising God
May 1, 2008
Mentor on the Lake, Ohio
Visit site
✟9,377.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hey shinkou :)

I'm sorry this has happened to yall. I have family there too that I'm waiting to hear from. I will be praying for you and your family.

Praying for you... :prayer::prayer:

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Welcome Shinkou! My family has been praying for your country ever since the earthquake happened. We've also donated what we could to relief efforts there. I sure pray that you hear from your family soon! God bless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

puffca

Veteran
Mar 25, 2007
NY
✟11,080.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
(Does your avatar mean "protect"?)
I pray the Lord will protect you, your family, and people in your country. :pray:
BTW, it is impressive to see how orderly and calm the Japanese people are during this natural disaster, comparing with what happened during Hurricane Katrina in the U.S. and the Wenchun Earthquake in China.

Welcome to CF!

Upvote 0

shinkou

Mar 17, 2011
✟8,293.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Thank you to everyone for your kind words. Last night I found my family members are safe, but my parent's home is gone. Still I am very happy to know they are ok. This weekend we will leave Japan to go to Korea. We will stay with my aunt there until the nuclear problem is fixed. I don't know what will happen and it makes me worried about the future. But I am happy right now because God has protected my family members.

(Does your avatar mean "protect"?)

Actually this character's meaning is a little hard to explain in English. It is a kind of blessing. Sometimes it is used to mean God's protection. Usually we use it in a different way. I don't know how to explain well in English. Translating religion words is very difficult. Maybe "saving from the grace of God". I don't know well.

Upvote 0