Atlanta
✟27,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I forsook my lusts and most of my sins. There are some that I try to get rid of, but that I haven't completely overcome yet. And I still feel temptations from my flesh.

You say you are in the same boat. How are you doing ? Did you get to truly repent ?

You need to forsake all of your sins, God cannot hear if you’re separated from him because of your iniquity.

and no, I still have not been granted repentance. It’s almost been a year in December and I’ve been seeking him this entire time, I know of many others who are also seeking him and not able to be restored. Very few get out of this position and I believe it’s because their hearts weren’t completely hardened, but were dangerously close.

Look- you cannot serve two masters, you need to make a choice and stick to it. It’s either God or Satan. If you choose your flesh and sin you’re not with God, period.

Upvote 0

Daviboy

Oct 16, 2022
Québec
✟52,041.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
You need to forsake all of your sins, God cannot hear if you’re separated from him because of your iniquity.

and no, I still have not been granted repentance. It’s almost been a year in December and I’ve been seeking him this entire time, I know of many others who are also seeking him and not able to be restored. Very few get out of this position and I believe it’s because their hearts weren’t completely hardened, but were dangerously close.

Look- you cannot serve two masters, you need to make a choice and stick to it. It’s either God or Satan. If you choose your flesh and sin you’re not with God, period.
For sure, that's what I try to do. I try to turn to God completely but still have some hard struggles with some sexual thoughts. I think I know what you mean when you say you haven't been granted repentance. Like you ask for forgiveness but you feel like your heart still love your sins, even if your mind wants God, and therefore you don't feel restored. Isn't it ? Maybe we can talk in private if you will, I would be glad to talk with someone who experience the same thing than me.

Upvote 0

SunshineHollyDay

SunshineHollyDay
Mar 27, 2022
Atlanta
✟27,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When I ask for forgiveness I can tell there’s a wall there. It’s almost like I pray and it hits a wall and never touches God’s ear. When I used to repent and I would ask God to forgive me and I knew we were reconciled again, I felt peace and clean. Now I have fear and guilt. It’s a very serious matter.

Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

We're in the End times. The Last Days, Have you considered Going OLD school with Sackcloth?

Upvote 0

JohnC101

Aug 14, 2022
Orangeburg
✟71,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Sure, but God isn’t a revolving door. If we continue to repent of the same things over and over, is that true remorse? Will God be mocked? The OP said they stayed in unrepentant sin for years and is now seeking repentance but not finding it. This is a possibility because I have experienced the exact same thing.
Repenting means to stop doing the action(s) in question and, in the case of sin, make an active effort to stop sinning. If you "repent" and go right back to doing the same mistake on purpose, you've not repented sin.

Upvote 0

SunshineHollyDay

SunshineHollyDay
Mar 27, 2022
Atlanta
✟27,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Repenting means to stop doing the action(s) in question and, in the case of sin, make an active effort to stop sinning. If you "repent" and go right back to doing the same mistake on purpose, you've not repented sin.

exactly. So some of us spent a long period of time not repenting and are trying to repent now, but we’re still not in good standing with God. Forgiveness hasn’t been given, it’s possible it’s because we continued in willful sin for too long.

Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I myself spent years ignorantly sinning or not even knowing the LORD. (All i knew came from the movie Jesus Of Nazareth at the time) after ignoring the LORD when he called me out of my life. HE started calling me back around April of this year. When i finally obeyed and repented as he had called me, all i knew is i had to cry and at the time. for some reason i felt it had to be in sackcloth? So i repented in sackcloth and begged him to let me cry, it started off with remorse for what i had done and it slowly became a consuming sadness that began to take over my every thought. at some point i just started crying and every time i turned around i was crying, each time the depth of my sorrow grew until it physically hurt. Hallelujah! (see my mind kept focusing on people repenting in sackcloth before GODS judgement. Nothing has changed. GOD hasn't changed. Just the times have. I love being under grace is a huge lifesaver but as scripture says, willful sin isn't covered by GRACE. You must repent with weeping, and mourning and fasting. Tear your heart and submit yourselves to GOD. This is Just my experience and it's bore out of Biblical history showing repentance before the LORD was done in sackcloth in time of JUDGEMENT // Pray over this and i'll be Praying for you. GOD Bless you and Keep you and your families always<3//

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SunshineHollyDay

SunshineHollyDay
Mar 27, 2022
Atlanta
✟27,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I myself spent years ignorantly sinning or not even knowing the LORD. (All i knew came from the movie Jesus Of Nazareth at the time) after ignoring the LORD when he called me out of my life. HE started calling me back around April of this year. When i finally obeyed and repented as he had called me, all i knew is i had to cry and at the time. for some reason i felt it had to be in sackcloth? So i repented in sackcloth and begged him to let me cry, it started off with remorse for what i had done and it slowly became a consuming sadness that began to take over my every thought. at some point i just started crying and every time i turned around i was crying, each time the depth of my sorrow grew until it physically hurt. Hallelujah! (see my mind kept focusing on people repenting in sackcloth before GODS judgement. Nothing has changed. GOD hasn't changed. Just the times have. I love being under grace is a huge lifesaver but as scripture says, willful sin isn't covered by GRACE. You must repent with weeping, and mourning and fasting. Tear your heart and submit yourselves to GOD. This is Just my experience and it's bore out of Biblical history showing repentance before the LORD was done in sackcloth in time of JUDGEMENT // Pray over this and i'll be Praying for you. GOD Bless you and Keep you and your families always<3//

if willful sin isn’t covered by grace, then will sackcloth help?

Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
if willful sin isn’t covered by grace, then will sackcloth help?
It worked for me and i had spent over 6+yrs without being repentive , i think i prayed maybe a handful of times? In a Relationship with a Married Woman. And he forgave me. I was in a similar situation as you which is why i suggested it. Because, I felt HOPELESS, Unworthy, fearful. the LORDS prophets wore sackcloth. Often they commanded people to REPENT in sackcloth. what makes this any different? The Two Witnesses in Revelations Wear Sackcloth. (the sackcloth is a buffer or it's how i see it)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SunshineHollyDay

SunshineHollyDay
Mar 27, 2022
Atlanta
✟27,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But didn’t you say you didn’t know God? I knew God and sinned willfully for a while. I haven’t sinned since, but here I am. Still not receiving forgiveness.

how long did you repent for before you knew God forgave you?

Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But didn’t you say you didn’t know God? I knew God and sinned willfully for a while. I haven’t sinned since, but here I am. Still not receiving forgiveness.

how long did you repent for before you knew God forgave you?
Well i knew him well enough to have heard his voice. i disobeyed him. I didn't know him as in wasn't familiar with his scriptures. I Just put sackcloth on and began praying fervently, MANY MANY TIMES A DAY. I'd say probably 2 times an hour some days and i always begged him to let me cry. (I've learnt since then, unless he wants to let you cry.. Your eyes will be as dry as a desert) took a little while ( it all happens in his time) I will say I had sackcloth on. so it wasn't likely more than a couple of days as at the time. i hadn't had much experience with fasting. so all in all, praying and asking him to let me cry took as long as he felt it should (as i can't remember exactly how long it took i won't go ahead and say but i can tell you. as i've a witness to it, i was wearing sackcloth when his GODLY sorrow Broke me, and that night The LORD awoke me to Psalms 121:8 3 times"The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore." Hallelujah! and the Next day, My HEART was "Smiling" there's no other way of putting it other than it was "Smiling"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GracefulWarrior

Oct 26, 2022
USA
✟1,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Aloha and Welcome to the CF! :wave:

These are all great advice, thank you everyone for helping and guiding our Brothers and Sisters closer to God. :oldthumbsup:

I'm sure we can all relate to Peter in some way or another, especially when Jesus asked Peter in John 21:15-17 (NASB), "Do you love Me....", and yet Jesus still loved Peter and forgave all that was said and done, etc...

For me, it's a "Heart Check", not a mouth or mind, or physical things, etc. etc., but what's truly IN our hearts. God wants our heart first, the "works" will eventually follow. We can "repent" all we want, but do what our hearts desire instead...If we can not give God our heart first, than that's something that we'll have to ask God to help us with and on a daily bases and throughout the day if necessary, till God's Peace surrounds us from the inside-out! How long this may take? It all depends on how serious we are about God's Salvation for US, His Children in Christ Jesus...I know it's "easier said, then done", but I know that I know that I KNOW, that I'm forgiven and Loved by The God Most High...It's a process and we're God's Work in progress and gets easier when we just let God BE GOD...Prayers and Blessings to All. :amen::oldthumbsup::prayer:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tranquil Bondservant

Nothing without Elohim
Oct 11, 2022
Somewhere
✟311.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

For sure, that's what I try to do. I try to turn to God completely but still have some hard struggles with some sexual thoughts. I think I know what you mean when you say you haven't been granted repentance. Like you ask for forgiveness but you feel like your heart still love your sins, even if your mind wants God, and therefore you don't feel restored. Isn't it ? Maybe we can talk in private if you will, I would be glad to talk with someone who experience the same thing than me.

You're all trying to make yourself feel saved. You are saved. What Christ has done is not die to give you a feeling of salvation but died to save you from your sins. Regardless of what you feel about your salvation, it is a certainty that if you repent & rely on His sacrifice you will be saved. You can't add to the Cross of Christ with your actions, His sacrifice is what makes us forgiven, His blood is what washes us clean. What makes you think that our filthy rags (Isaiah 64:6) add to our repentance? Christ has DONE IT ALL, all He asks you to do is accept His sacrifice and have faith in Him and to continue in a life in keeping with that repentance.

Joel 2:13
1 John 1:8-10
1 John 1:9
Hebrews 4:16
Ephesians 1:7
Luke 6:37
Acts 10:43
Proverbs 28:13
Psalm 32:5
2 Chronicles 7:14
1 John 2:1
Romans 10:9
Ephesians 2:8-9

Just because you feel like you're not receiving forgiveness, it doesn't make it true. Our hearts are treacherous (Jeremiah 17:9) and you need to rely on what you know when your heart does betray you. Feelings while incredibly important us Christians, are not our determiner of what is true. Christ is. Please believe Him when He said He died to save you.

This video is about worship in the church but it speaks to the fundamental issue that's causing you guys suffering. Please give it a watch.

For future reference: Anything that tells you that the sacrifice of Christ was not enough, it's a lie. It is enough and He does forgive you.

God bless :heart:

Edit: Always remember that The Lord Himself has said "I will never leave you nor forsake you" (Hebrews 13:5, Deuteronomy 31:6, Deuteronomy 31:8, Joshua 1:9)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟66,837.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

up11_zpsb00daz00.gif

WELCOME to Christian Forums,
David!

“And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.”

Deuteronomy 6:5

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
Isaiah 41:10

And Jesus looking upon them saith, With
men
it is impossible, but not with God:
for with God all things are possible.
Mark 10:27

The Lord is not slow to keep his promise.
He is not slow in the way some people understand it.
He is patient with you.
He doesn't want anyone to be destroyed.
Instead, he wants all people
to turn away from their sins.

2 Peter 3:9

Upvote 0

SunshineHollyDay

SunshineHollyDay
Mar 27, 2022
Atlanta
✟27,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're all trying to make yourself feel saved. You are saved. What Christ has done is not die to give you a feeling of salvation but died to save you from your sins. Regardless of what you feel about your salvation, it is a certainty that if you repent & rely on His sacrifice you will be saved. You can't add to the Cross of Christ with your actions, His sacrifice is what makes us forgiven, His blood is what washes us clean. What makes you think that our filthy rags (Isaiah 64:6) add to our repentance? Christ has DONE IT ALL, all He asks you to do is accept His sacrifice and have faith in Him and to continue in a life in keeping with that repentance.

Joel 2:13
1 John 1:8-10
1 John 1:9
Hebrews 4:16
Ephesians 1:7
Luke 6:37
Acts 10:43
Proverbs 28:13
Psalm 32:5
2 Chronicles 7:14
1 John 2:1
Romans 10:9
Ephesians 2:8-9

Just because you feel like you're not receiving forgiveness, it doesn't make it true. Our hearts are treacherous (Jeremiah 17:9) and you need to rely on what you know when your heart does betray you. Feelings while incredibly important us Christians, are not our determiner of what is true. Christ is. Please believe Him when He said He died to save you.

This video is about worship in the church but it speaks to the fundamental issue that's causing you guys suffering. Please give it a watch.

For future reference: Anything that tells you that the sacrifice of Christ was not enough, it's a lie. It is enough and He does forgive you.

God bless :heart:

Edit: Always remember that The Lord Himself has said "I will never leave you nor forsake you" (Hebrews 13:5, Deuteronomy 31:6, Deuteronomy 31:8, Joshua 1:9)

You can forsake God, and then he will forsake you.

1 Chronicles 28:9
“As for you, my son Solomon, know the God of your father, and serve Him with a whole heart and a willing mind; for the Lord searches all hearts, and understands every intent of the thoughts. If you seek Him, He will let you find Him; but if you forsake Him, He will reject you forever.

Source: 9 Bible verses about Consequences Of Forsaking God

This is not a “feeling” saved issue. This is that is entirely possible to forfeit your salvation. It’s not hardly taught in church these days, but it’s absolutely possible. There are plenty of NT scriptures that support this, but the fact is: people can forsake God in their words or actions, and they will lose their salvation.
https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/Isaiah/1/28

Upvote 0

Daviboy

Oct 16, 2022
Québec
✟52,041.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

“As for you, my son Solomon, know the God of your father, and serve Him with a whole heart and a willing mind; for the Lord searches all hearts, and understands every intent of the thoughts. If you seek Him, He will let you find Him; but if you forsake Him, He will reject you forever.

This is not a “feeling” saved issue. This is that is entirely possible to forfeit your salvation. It’s not hardly taught in church these days, but it’s absolutely possible. There are plenty of NT scriptures that support this, but the fact is: people can forsake God in their words or actions, and they will lose their salvation.
I am pretty sure you cannot pose your salvation. There are many verses in the Bible that confirm it.I also believe God can forsake someone, but in that case it wouldn't be a saved person. Those talked about in Hebrew 6. 4-6 are people who weren't saved, even if they had some experience with the Holy Spirit and had the knowledge of the truth. I'm afraid I might be part of them.

Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

The only problem with that is it goes against there being only one unpardonable sin. Disobedience will absolutely get you into trouble but you can REPENT of Everything but BLASPHEMY against the LORDS holy Spirit as it's the means that We're sanctified.

Last edited:
Upvote 0