Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If God gave you the choice between you burning in hell for all eternity or the entire whole of humanity burning in hell instead of you, which one would you choose?

I'd personally pick the option of everyone else burning hell besides me.

In the end, it's all about saving your own butt.

DiceRider

Waking Up
Dec 23, 2013
On a lonely road
✟15,307.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
My heart says, to take the place of everyone else in hell (damn that empathy : / ) but the thought of never being able to feel Gods presence, to be his friend and know him would make me want to choose heaven and be selfish.. But then I'd feel to guilty facing God after letting all those people suffer for eternity instead..So in the end I would have to step into hell in their place.

Upvote 0
G

Gracelands

If God gave you the choice between you burning in hell for all eternity or the entire whole of humanity burning in hell instead of you, which one would you choose?

I'd personally pick the option of everyone else burning hell besides me.

In the end, it's all about saving your own butt.

I haven't had time to look at the rest of the thread yet but can you clarify please?..option of everyone else burning hell or burning in hell?

Ed: Cactus. I think its because we aren't fully aware of what we've been saved from maybe and yeah He did and thank God for Him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
G

Gracelands

There's a lot of barbaric looking stuff in the OT but God only called His Son to human sacrifice to end all sacrifices. There is no need to appease God or gods because of Him.

So nobody needs to get shoved in the furnace. He's your hero if you want Him to be.

If you give Satan authority to push you in a furnace he will (i'm sure its not slanderous to say). If you give him ground in you he will take that too and use you until he makes your life a living hell.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
E

EazyMack

If you cling to your life, you will lose it; but if you give up your life for me, you will find it. (Matthew 10:39 NLT)

If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake, you will save it. (Matthew 16:25 NLT)

If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake, you will save it. (Luke 9:24 NLT)

If you cling to your life, you will lose it, and if you let your life go, you will save it. (Luke 17:33 NLT)

Reactions: Owlette
Upvote 0
G

Gracelands

If thats to counter my post self sacrifice does not involve appeasement, atonement etc.

Heres a list of some of the things Jesus accomplished at Calvary. http://whatsbestnext.com/2011/04/6-things-christ-accomplished-by-his-death/

He was the perfect and spotless lamb of God:

“knowing that you were not redeemed with perishable things like silver or gold from your futile way of life inherited from your fathers, but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ” (1 Peter 1:18-19).

If not Amen good ! Its kind of like saying get rid of attachment isn't it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Isambard

Nihilist Extrodinaire
Jul 11, 2007
✟12,789.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
There's a lot of barbaric looking stuff in the OT but God only called His Son to human sacrifice to end all sacrifices. There is no need to appease God or gods because of Him.

That doesn't change the fact that God ordered others slaughtered lest you be sentenced in their place. As they were unbelievers, they'd go to Hell. So Mehguy's OP is less some crazy what if scenario, and instead a much more grim question believers need to ask themselves if they wish to continue being believers.

If you are willing to personally send others to Hell on God's command, then you are a true believer. If not, then you are not a true believer and may end up being sent there regardless by someone who is.

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told." (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT)

Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children. (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)

Upvote 0
G

Gracelands

I don't know if i do have an adequate answer personally for that Isambard but thats not to say there isn't one!

That said, the Isaiah post looks like its speaking of the Medes brutality not Yahwehs. Do you see that?

Lets try to look at these posts from a spiritual perspective also. The Israelites were called out of Egypt to be Gods people and cleansed and taught in the desert. God was among them in the tabernacle and later the Temple wouldn't demonic behaviour give ground to the devil making the people polluted in Gods eyes? And how would one get rid of that spiritual pollution? To what extent can Satan gain ground? If sin is generational is there ground in a child? Could there be ground in livestock? In property and objects?

Like I said. I just am not equipped regrettably to answer your question adequately right now. But really its given me something to study and hopefully come up with a post that might heal your rift with Yahweh.. Lol assuming you have one. Ive just met you haven't I?

Also because of Christ theres another far more powerful way (in His blood) to overcome demonic pollution.

I'm still waiting on Mehguys clarification.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bluedart

Jul 5, 2005
Northern California
Visit site
✟385.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
To allow the rest of humanity to go to hell and do nothing about it would put me in a state of hell. Having that on my conscious would get in the way of being able to enjoy heaven. Plus, that is what Jesus would do or actually what he did. He died on the cross so humanity could go to heaven. He even went to hell for us for a time and preached to the spirits there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I still don't trust most of the answers. I'd say most people would forsake the whole of humanity to spare themselves..

I've made this thread since 2007 and I don't think I've had more than a handful of people say they'd save themselves, lol.

Upvote 0