Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He is not ashamed to call them his brothers and sisters Hebrews 2:11

Family Secrets

Most families like to keep their family secrets a secret. Yet amazingly, you've barely dipped a toe into Matthew's gospel when you realize that Jesus hails from a less-than-perfect family. Rahab was a Jericho harlot. Granpa Jacob was slippery enough to warrant an electric ankle bracelet. David had a personality as irregular as a Picasso painting ~ one day writing Psalms, another day seducing his captain's wife. But did Jesus erase their names from the list? Not at all. Why did He hang His family's dirty laundry on a neighborhood clothesline? Because your family has secrets too. A cousin with a prison record. A dad who left and never came home. A grandparent who ran away with a co-worker. If your family tree has damaged fruit, Jesus wants you to know "I've been there." The phrase "I've been there" is Christ's theme song. To the lonely He whispers "I've been there." To the discouraged, He nods His head and sighs "I've been there." The absence of Joseph in the adult life of Jesus suggests that Mary may have raised Him and the rest of their children alone. Jesus was not reluctant to call His ancestors His family ~ and He's not ashamed of you either! Jesus, who makes people holy, and those who are made holy, are from the same family. "He's not ashamed to call them his brothers and sisters." That means He's not ashamed of you; nor is He confused by you. Your actions don't bewilder Him. Your family secrets don't trouble Him. So go to Him. After all, you're part of the family.