heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
People often refute stories about recent large reptiles by saying "where are the bones?" But that assumes all bones have the same decay rate, and all chemical body compositions are the same. Our bodies use acid to dissolve food -- what if a large amount of base or acid builds up in a body (reptile), and dissolves the bones?

There is current legislation debate over using lye to dissolve human bones.
http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/0805450.htm

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
People often refute stories about recent large reptiles by saying "where are the bones?" But that assumes all bones have the same decay rate, and all chemical body compositions are the same. Our bodies use acid to dissolve food -- what if a large amount of base or acid builds up in a body (reptile), and dissolves the bones?

There is current legislation debate over using lye to dissolve human bones.
http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/0805450.htm

What if Martians secretly collect dinosaur manure for their green roses, leaving no evidence?

You can "what if" endlessly, but without supporting evidence, it is nothing more than imagination.

Upvote 0

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While you are doing your investigation you might want to explore just what GOD wants from you and just how you willl become BORN AGAIN ( SAVED, ANOINTED BY GOD with HIS HOLY SPIRIT )

Now if you can find the answers to that, I have NO DOUBT that the rest of these questions will either be answered or laid to rest.

My proof of the above is:

1 John
Chapter 2

I write you these things about those who would deceive you.
As for you, the anointing that you received from him remains in you, so that you do not need anyone to teach you. But his anointing teaches you about everything and is true and not false; just as it taught you, remain in him.

ALWAYS REMEMBER:

JESUS IS RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE AT!!! EVEN THOUGH YOU DON'T SEE HIM!!!

( left click and hold over the above to see your personal message )

Upvote 0
R

RyanLeeParis

People are making the error that evolution happening means that God didn't create man. That is simply not true.

In the first place, God is beyond time and the material world. God could very well, if evolution is true, know man would evolve or emerge in the midst of life.

Take this Bible quote, for example: "Then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground." Evolution theory says the first life forms came from out of the earth, or even out of the water, and so does The Bible at the very beginning.

Again, I'm failing to see the problem. If animals get a tad more complex after millions of years, then okay, but it doesn't disprove God in the slightest.

Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟33,596.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
In my years of walking around our great country seeing things that are unexplainable and don't marry up whatsoever with Darwin's theory. Anyway, if Darwin was alive today, and with all the scientific evidence available I can assure you his Evolution Theory would be formed.

Adam gave names to all the BEAST of the field...those GIANTS on the earth...the GREAT BEAST (Behemoth) of the field...and the SEA MONSTER/SERPENT (Leviathan), both a formidable creature of the field and the sea. And I can assure you that they weren't a hippo or a crocodile!

The same BEASTS and SERPENTS that the aboriginal people of my country speak about in their "Dreamtime", and they were still alive before whiteman arrived in our country.

Blessings!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

X=?

A voice crying in the wilderness.
Dec 12, 2008
UK
Visit site
✟7,870.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I would expect the DNA of a chimp to be similar to a man, why? Quite simply because if I draw a picture I'll use the tools I most favour that enable my own style and format to be displayed because these are the tools and methods I like to use that show my personal creativity. When I draw another picture I will use the same tools and methods no doubt building on my previous experience of drawing other pictures.

Upvote 0
Nov 10, 2008
✟7,638.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey, I tend to agree with you that creationist arguments are generally uninformed. I believe wholeheartedly in the "old earth" scenario, and quite frankly although I find the evidence for macroevolution very dubious (as do many scientists), I do not necessarily think it's preposterous that we descendent from a common ancestor of the apes.

This, however, does not diminish my faith in God. The way I look at it is that if God gave us minds that are able to comprehend science, then we should look at what that science says and in turn, use that God enabled knowledge to see how we should interpret His word, in this case, creation.

For example, I believe that the Bible is not about the history of the earth, but about God and how we can have a relationship with Him and know Him. The true science of the Earth is far too complex (being from God and all) for even the most intelligent scientists to understand, so if God were to really give us a concrete scientific "play by play" of how things went down in creation, we wouldn't be able to understand it. And for what? The bottom line is the same in both cases: God created the universe.

I think we are meant to take the Genesis story metaphorically...the real truth of God's intricate design is too complicated, but we do need to know enough about creation to understand God's role in it. For example, and this is just a theory, I heard once that Adam and Eve could represent the stage where our ape-like ancestors found out, unlike any animals before them, that they could lie, steal, murder, covet, etc. If evolution is true, then at some point the animals that we descended from had to be able to have rational thoughts, which has led to humankind. This would be true whether or not God existed.

Anyways, I hope that makes sense...I think that the most vocal creationists do Christianity a great deal of harm, because their "science" is clearly misinformed. But that doesn't mean that God doesn't exist. I think God gave us enough info, in a metaphorical/poetic way, to understand His role in creation, and then moved on to more historical figures. I'm sure in heaven we will have a better understanding of how He did things. I think it is up to us to understand that whether the Bible is 100% literal or 100% metaphorical in the idea of creation, the same implications for our life can be drawn, which is the point of the Bible anyways: learning who God is and how we can have a relationship with Him.

Upvote 0
Nov 10, 2008
✟7,638.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh, and also there is a great deal of debate about what the word "day", used in Genesis, really means in Hebrew. The word (I believe it is "Yom") can stand for both a 24-hour day and also for a word that is similar to "an age" or "a period". [Please correct me if I am totally off track, I'm no Hebrew scholar, but this is just something I have heard from many sources.] So it was translated as a "day", but it could just as easily stand for a period of time with a beginning and end. There are many scientists and theologians who have made "Old Earth" scenarios matching scientific data into the six "ages" to show that maybe God was speaking in a different sense than six 24-hour days.

Upvote 0