Have you told Him lately that you love Him?

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Why i love Him:

:heart: My Refuge and My Fortress

"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust." ~Psalm 91:1-2

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
By Our Love.

:heart: Father work in our hearts so that we will be "known by our love" for You and ALL we come in contact with. May Your joy be our strength, in Jesus name, amen. (((hug)))

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
:heart: Why i love Him:]

I Will Rise (and on eagle's wings....because He has ALREADY risen, and thus so shall i, praise His name, halleluia!!!!)

[/b]

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
:heart: How I Love Him.

This. How precious is THIS? Reminds me of what the woman who poured precious oil on our Savior's feet and dried His feet with her hair, might've sung amidst her tears:

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
:heart: He SINGS Over Us!!!!

Our heavenly Father delights in and rejoices over us, His children. How utterly DELIGHTFUL is THAT???

Are there ANY words to express how inexplicably precious that is?

"The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing." ~Zephaniah 3:17

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
:heart: By His Name.

Say His Wonderful, Glorious, Un-matchable Name. His Name, that is Worthy and Powerful, and Who is Inexplicably FOR us. How PRECIOUS is THAT??!!

Say His Name.

Jesus.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
:heart: Father We Love You.

There is no end to YOur GOODNESS and YOur mercies, which are re-newed every morning. Your grace is inexplicable and unfathomable, yet we need not understand it in order to embrace it, we need only be thankful You are WHO You are, and that You love us inexplicably. Thank You Father for Your precious heart for us, that YOu rejoice over us with singing and that no matter what is going on all around us, You HAVE us in the palm of Your hand and we are hidden in You. Draw us to YOu and Hone our hearts to be in sync with Yours. May we love You with all that is in us, in Jesus name, amen. (((hug)))

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
:heart: His Arms.

A verse that brings me indescribable comfort and assurance is this one. It is because there's a promise from a God Who NEVER EVER lies, and He says that no matter what, there are His arms underneath it all, to CATCH us, ALWAYS.

"The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms: " ~Deuteronomy 33:27

In weariness of body, mind, spirit, and broken hearts and all, we can "arise and go to Jesus" and always know there are His arms, and they are everlasting and they will never forsake us or leave us, EVER.

He invites us to come to Him, with ALL that encumbers us or weighs us down. Reminds me of this verse:

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." ~Matthew 11:28

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
:heart:

I LOVE YOu Father, and praise You because all that is sung about in this song is POSSIBLE, through YOu, when otherwise it would be impossible, for me. Thank YOu that YOu work in our hearts, minds, and souls, and YOu drench us in YOur grace, and love so that we can reflect Who YOu are and that we can love each other and have a heart for the lost and respond to the hurting, the wounded, the cast aside, the dejected, the hungry, the cold, and those without shelter, in Jesus name, amen. (((hug)))

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
:heart: Why i love Him.....

He HEARS me. I can pour it ALL out, just like David did, knowing that He KNOWS my heart and my pain and my "stymied-ness-es" and "angst-es-es" (for there are many -that mere words cannot describe). The lyrics to this song are like a modern-day Psalm, if you will. It fits with that Old Testament man of God "Job" also, BIG TIME.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
:heart: I love Him because He does exactly as the lyrics of this song says He does.

How utterly merciful and inexplicably gracious He is. No wonder i love Him sooooo much. (((hug)))

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
:heart: I love Him because, just like Peter, I have fallen many times. I can sooooo relate to Peter.

And by God's inexplicable grace, we can come to Him, just as we are, burdens, sins, guilt, skinned up knees, brambles in our hair n' all, and just come, where He meets us with open arms, as we, in all our weariness, fall into them.

No wonder i love Him so much (((hug)))

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
:heart: Peace on earth...Good will to men!

Amongst the habitual and obligatory songs at Christmas, and for some a little after Christmas, there rings what are heartfelt real songs that pour out what is in this world, and just like David, in the Psalms, finds that what they are singinging/saying, turns into a song, a real song of HOPE annd LOVE and fer-real PEACE. Yes, THIS. We can STILL praise our gracious God in real-ness because He KNOWS all that we and the world needs, and yes, He has provided ALL that we need or ever will need, through His only begotten Son, Jesus the Christ.

This is why i love Him. (((hug)))

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
:heart: Sing Halleluia!

How can i not sing to and love this dear dear Creator, Who LOVES me? His whole of creation sing His praises as it is written. I love Him because He, against all odds, loved me and extended His inexplicable grace and mercy to me.

How can i NOT sing Halleluia! (((hug)))

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
:heart: Sing Halleluia!

How can i not sing to and love this dear dear Creator, Who LOVES me? His whole of creation sing His praises as it is written. I love Him because He, against all odds, loved me and extended His inexplicable grace and mercy to me.

How can i NOT sing Halleluia! (((hug)))
AMEN! Sing it!!!! :amen: :bow:

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G239&t=KJV
Strong's Number G239 matches the Greek ἁλληλουϊά (hallēlouïa), which occurs 4 times in 4 verses in the Greek concordance of the KJV

Reve 19:1
And after these I hear as sound great of a vast throng, in the heaven saying "HalleluJah!, the salvation............

Reve 19:3
And a second-time they have declared "HalleluJah!
and the smoke of Her is ascending into the ages of the ages".

Reve 19:4
And fall the elders, the twenty four, and the four living-ones, and worship to the God, to the One sitting upon the throne saying: "amen HalleluJah!".

Reve 19:6
and I hear as sound of a throng, many, and as a sound of many waters, and as a sound of strong thunders,
saying:"HalleluJah! that reigns Lord the God *of-us, the Almighty.

239 allelouia {al-lay-loo'-ee-ah} of Hebrew origin from 01984 and 03050; TDNT - 1:264,43; interj imper
AV - alleluia 4; 4
1) praise ye the Lord, Hallelujah

Last edited:
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
They are phenomenal singers. Are they singing Leonard Cohen's lyrics?
Not sure, since I don't know Hebrew.
Here is the song with lyrics in English..........quite beautiful!

A few comments from the site:

PlantManNoah11 months ago
I'm almost certain this song is about King David's life

Steven Vensky10 months ago +PlantManNoah
Yes. Find & listen to his concert in London. 7:20 min.
His Voice, like wine ages wonderfully & the organ interlude is beautiful.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0