Arcadia
✟197,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Adam is called the son of God. This surely means that he repented.

Genealogy of Jesus Christ:

Luke 3:38 the son of Enosh, the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God.
All that Luke is talking about in Luke 3:38 is about GENEALOGY .

And the Greek text leaves OUT The words ( THE SON ) and that means it was ADDED and is in ITALICS .

Check the Greek text and see and does NOT mean Adam repented .

I gave you the verse in Gen 3:21 that explains how Adam and Eve were saved .

dan p

Upvote 0

Jan001

Striving to win the prize...
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟110,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
All that Luke is talking about in Luke 3:38 is about GENEALOGY .

And the Greek text leaves OUT The words ( THE SON ) and that means it was ADDED and is in ITALICS .

Check the Greek text and see and does NOT mean Adam repented .

I gave you the verse in Gen 3:21 that explains how Adam and Eve were saved .

dan p
It seems the original Greek text leaves out "son" for all of this genealogy and yet they are all sons, so Adam is the son of God. This genealogy was stated in the NT so we know that Adam had to have repented during his lifetime in order to be called the son of God.

Adam and Eve were physically saved by God as stated in Genesis 3:21. He did give them clothing to protect them. Spiritually, I think they repented before they were removed from the Garden. But because of their sin, it was not possible for them to remain in the Garden. They had severed their close spiritual relationship with God and only God's own Son could repair that relationship between God the Father and mankind.

Romans 8:14 For it is those who are led by the Spirit of God who are the sons of God.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It seems the original Greek text leaves out "son" for all of this genealogy and yet they are all sons, so Adam is the son of God. This genealogy was stated in the NT so we know that Adam had to have repented during his lifetime in order to be called the son of God.

Adam and Eve were physically saved by God as stated in Genesis 3:21. He did give them clothing to protect them. Spiritually, I think they repented before they were removed from the Garden. But because of their sin, it was not possible for them to remain in the Garden. They had severed their close spiritual relationship with God and only God's own Son could repair that relationship between God the Father and mankind.

Romans 8:14 For it is those who are led by the Spirit of God who are the sons of God.
And here is what Gen 3:21 really means !!

And Christ did not just give the CLOTHES to protect them !!

#1 The Hebrew word ALSO // is a verb called the QAL , means to know by experience , and is in the Hebrew IMPERFECT TENSE and that means ATONEMENT began and will in time STOP >

#2 DID // is in the QAL , in the Hebrew , IMPERFECT TENSE .

# 3 MAKE // ASA , is the same as #1 and #2 .

# 4 CLOTHED // LA BAS , it stem is in the HIPHIL , which means to declare

# 5 This where ATONEMENT BEGAN , because with out the shedding of BLOOD their is no FORGIVENESS for Sin , Heb 9:22 !!

dan p

Upvote 0

Jan001

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟110,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
And here is what Gen 3:21 really means !!

And Christ did not just give the CLOTHES to protect them !!

#1 The Hebrew word ALSO // is a verb called the QAL , means to know by experience , and is in the Hebrew IMPERFECT TENSE and that means ATONEMENT began and will in time STOP >

#2 DID // is in the QAL , in the Hebrew , IMPERFECT TENSE .

# 3 MAKE // ASA , is the same as #1 and #2 .

# 4 CLOTHED // LA BAS , it stem is in the HIPHIL , which means to declare

# 5 This where ATONEMENT BEGAN , because with out the shedding of BLOOD their is no FORGIVENESS for Sin , Heb 9:22 !!

dan p

The first shedding of blood was to provide the animal skins for their clothing. Do you think these were sheep or lamb skins?

Genesis 3:21 And the Lord God made for Adam and his wife, garments of skins, and clothed them.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The first shedding of blood was to provide the animal skins for their clothing. Do you think these were sheep or lamb skins?

Genesis 3:21 And the Lord God made for Adam and his wife, garments of skins, and clothed them.
I am sure it were not pigeons !!

dan p

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but I don't think their skins were ever used to make clothing except perhaps their feathers for a headdress. It would take too many skins. :)
But the original OP was are you BURIED FOR THE DEAD ?

I am pointing to Rom 6:3 and 4 !!

Or were you BAPTIZED for the DEAD in 1 Cor 15:29 ??

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jan001

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟110,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
But the original OP was are you BURIED FOR THE DEAD ?

I am pointing to Rom 6:3 and 4 !!

Or were you BAPTIZED for the DEAD in 1 Cor 15:29 ??

dan p
We were dead spiritually because of our sins. Water baptism forgives our sins and gives us new spiritual life with God because of Christ Jesus' sacrifice. He died so that our sins could be forgiven through His commanded water baptism. He rose from the dead so that we also can rise from the dead when He comes to judge all people at the end of time.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We were dead spiritually because of our sins. Water baptism forgives our sins and gives us new spiritual life with God because of Christ Jesus' sacrifice. He died so that our sins could be forgiven through His commanded water baptism. He rose from the dead so that we also can rise from the dead when He comes to judge all people at the end of time.
How can you Believe Rom 6:3 and reads , Or are you IGNORANT , that as many as were BAPTIZED // BAPTISO into to Christ were BAPTIZED // BAPTIZO His death ??

Is it WATER BAPTISM ?

Or is it NOT WATER BAPTISM ??

YOUR THOUGHTS ??

Dan p

Upvote 0

Jan001

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟110,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
How can you Believe Rom 6:3 and reads , Or are you IGNORANT , that as many as were BAPTIZED // BAPTISO into to Christ were BAPTIZED // BAPTIZO His death ??

Is it WATER BAPTISM ?

Or is it NOT WATER BAPTISM ??

YOUR THOUGHTS ??

Dan p
This is the water baptism commanded by Jesus Christ in Matthew 28:18-19.

I will be moving on to another thread so I will not be posting on this one again. :)

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is the water baptism commanded by Jesus Christ in Matthew 28:18-19.

I will be moving on to another thread so I will not be posting on this one again. :)
I will reply as many will read your answer !!

As to Matt 28:19 what is the CONTEXT , Jewish ??

Or is it Gentile , CONTXT ??

Did the disciples EVER go to all NATIONS // ETHNOS .

What is the definition of NATION // ETHNOS really mean ??

Reading John 11:48 , 50 , all that read , will that NATION // ETHNOS has many meaning , Heathen , Gentiles , Jews .

It is obvious that the 12 apostles never did go to all nations , at all .

dan p

Upvote 0