Have we done away with the law by means of faith?

Xeno.of.athens

I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of heaven.
May 18, 2022
Perth
✟127,536.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The Law was our tutor until we came to Christ. It was there to show us our sin, and that we need a Saviour. Once we receive Christ and have the indwelling Holy Spirit, the Law has fulfilled its purpose and has been replaced,
I do not know what "replaced" really means in this context.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,852.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The Law continues to remind us that we are sinners because we still can't keep it. The consciousness of sin keeps us in fellowship with Christ (1 John 1:8-10).

• Useful
Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

Xeno.of.athens

May 18, 2022
Perth
✟127,536.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The Law continues to remind us that we are sinners because we still can't keep it. The consciousness of sin keeps us in fellowship with Christ (1 John 1:8-10).
Matthew 5:17-20 Do not think that I have come to loosen the law or the prophets. I have not come to loosen, but to fulfill. (18) Amen I say to you, certainly, until heaven and earth pass away, not one iota, not one dot shall pass away from the law, until all is done. (19) Therefore, whoever will have loosened one of the least of these commandments, and have taught men so, shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven. But whoever will have done and taught these, such a one shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. (20) For I say to you, that unless your justice has surpassed that of the scribes and the Pharisees you shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,852.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 5:17-20 Do not think that I have come to loosen the law or the prophets. I have not come to loosen, but to fulfill. (18) Amen I say to you, certainly, until heaven and earth pass away, not one iota, not one dot shall pass away from the law, until all is done. (19) Therefore, whoever will have loosened one of the least of these commandments, and have taught men so, shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven. But whoever will have done and taught these, such a one shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. (20) For I say to you, that unless your justice has surpassed that of the scribes and the Pharisees you shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
That let's you me out because neither of us can keep the commandments.

Upvote 0

Xeno.of.athens

May 18, 2022
Perth
✟127,536.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
That let's you me out because neither of us can keep the commandments.
And yet we are promised that we shall keep the commandments of Christ.
John 15:1-17 "I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. (2) "Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit, He prunes it so that it may bear more fruit. (3) "You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. (4) "Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. (5) "I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing. (6) "If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned. (7) "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. (8) "My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples. (9) "Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love. (10) "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love. (11) "These things I have spoken to you so that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be made full. (12) "This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you. (13) "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends. (14) "You are My friends if you do what I command you. (15) "No longer do I call you slaves, for the slave does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you. (16) "You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you. (17) "This I command you, that you love one another.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Heb 8:7 reads , For if that FIRST covenant had been FAULTLESS , then should no place have been sought for the SECOND

Verse 8 finding fault with them , he saith , Behold , the days come , saith the Lord , when I will make a NEW COVENANT with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah

The OLD COVENANT died at the cross .

2 Cor 3:13--15 says when it happened

And Acts 28:25--28 says WHY !!

Also Isa 6:12 is another proof that Israel was set aside .

And there are at lest 2 more passages that say the same thing .

This than means ATONEMENT , PRIESTS , Law of Moses and SACRIFICES are also done AWAY with !!

Gor than raised a New apostles that began preaching Saved by Grace through FAITH and NOT // EV which s a DISJUNCATIVE NEGATIVE and the Greek word NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT means Not EVER by WORKS .

dan p

Upvote 0