Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Widowed
Have I blown it?
Yep.
But there is always hope. Contrition. Repentance. Seeking God again.
Praying to overcome, and to be renewed.
It would help you heaps if you did things the Bible way and got water baptized by full immersion,
and then got baptized in the Holy Spirit (with the Bible evidence of praying in tongues).
With the indwelling Holy Spirit you will receiver power from above, and then start becoming an overcomer.

5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit
the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God,
neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.
Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up
Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwells in you.
Romans 8: - "quicken" > to revitalize, to make alive,

10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
Psalm 51:

Upvote 0

Waggles

Acts 2:38
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2017
South Oz
Visit site
✟112,244.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Widowed
I take it your not a believer in once saved always saved?
No - it is a easy peasy doctrine for slothful and lazy people who do not want to put the effort into
examining themselves and upholding the high calling to walk in the Spirit, to deny self, to remain
steadfast and sure, to stay the course and not to backslide.
Why be an overcomer if I can never lose my salvation?
Also very unscriptural.

It is one thing to stumble and trip, to wander off the path - Jesus is faithful and through trials, tribulations and much chastisement he keeps his hand upon those who he knows love him and righteousness.
He remembers we are clay, flesh, and struggle against our sinful infirmities and an evil enemy.

The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delights in his way.
Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholds him with his hand.
Psalm 37:23-24
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:
If we believe not, yet he abides faithful: he cannot deny himself.
2 Timothy 2:12-13
But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
Matthew 10:33

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gideon123

Humble Servant of God
Dec 25, 2011
USA
✟59,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What did Christ say?
Go woman, and SIN NO MORE.

If you continue to depart from a straight path with God, you can pay a very high price for those sins. For example, you could contract a dreadful disease like HIV. Stop and contemplate that. If you got a serious disease, how could you ever get married? What would you tell people? God is trying to do you a big favor. Get your life pointed in the right direction!

If you do mess up, you are not alone. King David in the Bible messed up in a huge way. But many of David's Psalms are about finding your way back.

No - you cannot lose your salvation. But salvation is not like buying a train ticket. It is a direction, a person that you are aiming for - Christ. Get on the right path, and don't go down the wrong trail. You have the opportunity to seek salvation, down to your last breath on Earth.

These words are a big encouragement for you.

Blessings, Gideon

Upvote 0

Sine Nomine

Scientist and Christian
Jun 13, 2012
Albany, NY
✟26,489.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I invited Jesus into my life 4 years ago. and since then although I have begun to sin less, I have in those 4 years fornicated, watched inappropriate contentography, blasphemed, experimented with drugs, done all sorts of things, and I find that increasingly the assurance of salvation I once had is getting weaker and weaker.

I also find that I can sense Gods presence less and less

Have I blown it?

God is not less present. Jesus died for sinners, a righteous man has no need of a savior. I guess I fall into the OSAS camp, but I may see it differently--if you believe/trust/rely on Christ despite your sinfulness, he saves. He is more concerned with you than with your righteousness. He will conform you to his likeness as he purposes. If God feels distant, talk to him, he's not far off. In more theological language, Christ removed the barrier between Man and God, you can't undo the work of Christ by sinning. If God counted sins against us, none would be saved. God is still "with us", he doesn't require your sinlessness, just for you to know and trust him. Acheiving perfect personal sinlessness isnt possible in this life, but what righteousness we can hope to have comes from knowing him.

Upvote 0

Mateo1041

Jan 5, 2011
✟8,430.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
We've all sinned and fall short of what God expects. And yet God overlooks those sins because of what Christ did for us on the cross. There is nothing we can do by ourselves to merit salvation. It is a free gift from God through Jesus' suffering and death. Though we still sin as a result of our human nature, we should want to try and abide by God's law as a result of Christ's love for us. We love Him because He first loved us. But we're not perfect by any means. If you haven't respented, I'd do so and even visiting with your pastor. And also pray about it and bring it to God.

Reactions: byhisgrace7
Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I invited Jesus into my life 4 years ago. and since then although I have begun to sin less, I have in those 4 years fornicated, watched inappropriate contentography, blasphemed, experimented with drugs, done all sorts of things, and I find that increasingly the assurance of salvation I once had is getting weaker and weaker.

Have I blown it?
Inviting Jesus in is a start but what lead up to that and what followed after that?
You see, I've been to wedding were the couple (unsaved) went through the motions of having a religious service to please their parents who were believers they would of cut them off if they hadn't of gotten married...so the young couple
got married to stay in their parents' good graces... they would attend church
with them on certain holidays when they were in town for visits.

You invited Jesus into your life but did you accept Him as Lord and Savior?
Meaning did you commit yourself to following Him? are you in the on going process of dying to self? repenting of sins? Are you tied into a body of believers(church)? did you get baptized? are you being discipled/shepherded?

Upvote 0

Heaven's Child

Sep 15, 2016
california
✟18,139.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Have I blown it?
Ben,
You said that you are "starting to sin less." The Lord delivers us from glory to glory. So you are growing. But while you are growing, remember to stand on your convictions, If the Holy Spirit convicts you of something or you know that the bible says to not do a particular thing, repent, turn away from it and practice obeying the truth of God's word. The Bible says" If we love him, we will obey him. Show him that you love him. To live in and practice sin is not exercising true faith. I'm not talking about mistakes. We all make them, but continuous premeditated sin is wrong. Pray and ask God for help. He will change you little by little and day by day. Before you know it you will be looking back and thanking him for where he has brought you. Sounds to me, you already have a testimony. So, stay encouraged and if you make a mistake, repent. Don't condemn yourself. Accept his forgiveness and keep looking up!

Upvote 0

Jeff4607

Mar 26, 2017
USA
✟11,574.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Have I blown it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jeff4607

Mar 26, 2017
USA
✟11,574.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Have I blown it?

There is a misconception about "inviting Jesus into our hearts".
Does the bride invite the groom into her heart? No.
In the Jewish custom of that day, the Father picked potential bride for His son. Then the Son would invite her to be His bride. If she excepted the offer, she then spent the next 2 years purifying herself to be spotless, without any blemishes. Then the wedding feast began.
Does any of this kinda sound familiar?

John the Baptist said repent, and let there be FRUIT of your repentants for the forgiveness of sins.
It all starts HERE! If we are not willing to REPENT, "not repeat", then we wont partake in the wedding feast.

Get serious about this. You are not promised a tomorrow. Let me know if this makes sense.

Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
Drouin, Victoria, Australia
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I invited Jesus into my life 4 years ago. and since then although I have begun to sin less, I have in those 4 years fornicated, watched inappropriate contentography, blasphemed, experimented with drugs, done all sorts of things, and I find that increasingly the assurance of Thw scripsalvation I once had is getting weaker and weaker.

Have I blown it?

The best evidence for salvation in a person's life is a changed life. The scripture says that if any man be in Christ he is a NEW CREATION. Old things pass away, ALL things become new.

Contrary to popular belief we are not freed from sin when we are saved. We are freed from the power of sin. In other words, sin no longer has power over you unless you let it. It is your choice.

My assessment of the situation is that your invitation for Jesus to come into your life was not genuine therefore it has had no effect on your life, so you need to go back to square one again or, you need to submit yourself to a ministry that can deal with the demonic in your life as obviously there is a lot of the old past still at work in you.

Upvote 0

Dan61861

7 days without God, makes one weak.
Jul 21, 2012
Valparaiso, Indiana
✟102,026.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Have I blown it?

Not at all if you trust in Christ. God forbid any of us sin.

We all do sin though. If anyone tells you he doesn't, he is a liar and God is not in him. I can tell you my friend, I don't trust in myself. As job said, I am vile. Our righteousness is as filthy rags. We have the righteousness of Christ, it is His righteousness that we trust in. If we measure ourselves against the Law of God, we all fall short. We humble ourselves before a Holy God.

When we look for righteousness in the Law, we make the Passion of Christ to no effect. James says, whoever keeps the whole law yet stumbles in one point is guilty of breaking all of the law. So if you lie, you are guilty of breaking all of the law. Yet, we are born anew. We are born under the grace of God. We are the ones that are blessed is the man whom the Lord does not impute sin.

We have come to the knowledge of our wretchedness. We pound our chest and pray, Lord have mercy on me a sinner. We trust in the Lord. He has died for our sins, He was buried and on the third day He rose. Our hope is in Christ alone.

We have entered His rest, He is our Sabbath. The work is done, it is finished. There is now no condemnation in those that are in Christ.

Stay humble my friend and sin no more. If you do, confess your sin and He will forgive you.

In Christ
Daniel

Upvote 0
Jul 26, 2016
California
✟15,465.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
If YOUR salvation was based on YOUR sinlessness, you would be TOAST! But it's based on Jesus work of redemption, His sacrifice ONCE FOR ALL SIN. This is clearly what the Bible teaches.

Now James tells us that faith without works is dead. Read James 2. So, ask yourself, have I truly surrendered my rights to myself? Do I really want to pay the price to follow Jesus? Is He more important than anything else to me? MORE important than the pleasure I get from sinning?

Because Jesus taught this in Matthew 7:21-23 --

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord, will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven 22 Many will say to me on that day,‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles? 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

I think it's a GOOD THING to QUESTION your salvation. Jesus certainly never told anyone "Oh don't worry about it, you're saved no matter what you do."

If you continue to sin without repentance, then I would question your salvation in the first place. But as Christians, we always struggle with sin. But WE CHOOSE ultimately WHAT we want to do. I want to sin less because of what my Saviour did for me. I want to love Him with my life.

Jesus is the POWER against sin. Only He led a sinless life, so we need to DRAW NEAR to that power, and use what we've been given. God won't make us do anything ever. We become who we CHOOSE to be. That could be a Godly person who looks more and more like Jesus as we follow Him, or it could be a weak Christian who barely makes it into heaven, OR IT COULD BE A NON-CHRISTIAN who has just been fooling himself.

WHAT A RUDE AWAKENING FOR THOSE IN Matthew 7:21-23, I certainly don't want to be them!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mar 24, 2017
Houston
Visit site
✟16,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If you are making an honest endeavor to follow gods law, god will not forsake you. But you do have to compensate for how you have stumbled and what this means for the generation now. This is what the bible speaks about when it says to find you blameless.

I will admit, it is hard to be blameless. Most around us are in the midst of transgression and will not know till they are too far in debt to consider turning back or will have to make up for what was their unappreciated time in god's good graces.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Big Drew

Believer
Site Supporter
Nov 10, 2009
Alabama
✟74,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
As long as you trying to fix you issues then your doing ok. No one is without issues.

With that said OSAS is a lie from the devil. Because if OSAS were true then I could go become a serial killer and still go to heaven. I do believe you can lose your salvation if you totally walk away from God. Like you become an atheist and have nothing to do with Christianity. Of course it doesn't mean you can't come back to God. When you come back your salvation is there again.

Like a few things in life, people prefer to hear OSAS is true because its makes them feel better. Just like people pretend there is a place in heaven for pets. Its to hard to accept they die and we don't see them again. So some people create a lie in their head that they can accept. Like all animals go to heaven because of <insert reason>. So same with salvation. If they tell themselves you are always saved it makes them feel better about someone they know whos walked away from God.

Now could I be wrong? Well if I am then thats great for those who walked away from God totally. But if I am not wrong then many Christians are going to be disappointed when they die. After all the bible says many (christians) will stand before Him and He will say "Go away, I do not know you!". Why would He say that unless it means not all that are saved will make it.

Like my mom for example, she is saved. BUT.... shes not really changed at all. If anything alot of what she does has gotten worse. If you were to see her life behind closed doors you wouldn't think she was a christian. Am I questioning her salvation per say? Well no. I am questioning OSAS and how people act. Only God knows if she is saved.
That's always been my biggest hangup with OSAS...if it's true then why wouldn't everyone just say a little prayer for "fire insurance?"

I think salvation is a lifelong process...not just a one time act.

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Have I blown it?

You seem to be basing your assurance of salvation upon your ability to avoid sinning.. You seem to think your salvation is dependent on what you do rather then what the LORD Jesus Christ did for you...

If we trust in our own performance we are sure to lose all hope.. But if we trust in the perfection and works of Jesus the foundations of our faith are set firmly upon The Rock..

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well technically speaking while Jesus died for our sins and we do not have to worry. We also still have to practice staying away from sin even though we will never achieve perfection. In other words if one becomes saved and feels they don't have to worry about sin, they could just watch inappropriate content every day, have casual sex every day....etc and would not end up in heaven. Because being saved is not an excuse to sin. If you become saved but nothing changes in you, I don't think heaven would be an outcome. But again this depends on if one believes in OSAS or not.

In the posters case I think hes fine of course.

Reactions: DarthNeo
Upvote 0

DarthNeo

Oct 7, 2016
Tampa, FL
✟20,882.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
If we have free will, we are capable of turning from our sins at any time and seeking God's forgiveness. He has promised that he will receive the sincere penitent.

If we can gain and lose our salvation over and over, then that means that WE have something to do with it, WE DO NOT. When you are saved, Christ has paid your sin debt in FULL, "we have been BOUGHT with a price, we are NOT OUR OWN," Christ owns us now! Amen and Thank you Jesus!

• Winner
Reactions: Dan61861
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
If we can gain and lose our salvation over and over, then that means that WE have something to do with it, WE DO NOT. When you are saved, Christ has paid your sin debt in FULL, "we have been BOUGHT with a price, we are NOT OUR OWN," Christ owns us now! Amen and Thank you Jesus!
Keep in mind that the quotation from me was not me explaining my own belief. It was me answering the question "What if OSAS is not true but free will is?"

Upvote 0