n0va

Sep 19, 2004
Belfast
✟15,168.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Did sin just come about from Adam and eve? What is it actually? Is it a kinda spirit or is it just wrong-doing against God that came from Adam and Eve? I know there will be no sin in Heaven but will there be sin in hell? Has sin always existed with God? Is it conscious? I know what i'm trying to say but finding it hard to put across.

holyrokker

Contributor
Sep 4, 2004
California
Visit site
✟20,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Bible only atributes sin to mankind. Satan and his demons rebelled against god and were cast out of heaven, but the bible doesn't refer to them as having sinned.

I'm not sure what the difference is. I do know that we have the opportunity to repent and to have our sins forgiven. It doesn't seem to be true for Satan and the demons.

Sin isn't so much the "actions" as it is the attitude of disregard for God's authority. Jesus made it plain in "The Sermon On The Mount" that sin stems from the heart. A person can sin without ever outwardly breaking the Law of God.

Upvote 0

Truth and Reconciliation

Gloria in Exceslis Deo
Dec 30, 2004
Johns Hopkins University
Visit site
✟15,656.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sin comes from our desire to BECOME like God. Satan tempted Adam and Eve with the Tree of Knowledge by tempting them with wisdom itself (Gn. 3:5). Again we see this trend with the Tower of Babel (Gn. 11:4).

John in his first catholic letter broke sin up into three categories: sensuality, covetousness, and pride. (1 Jn 2:15-16)

In Truth,

Vincent

Upvote 0

holyrokker

Contributor
Sep 4, 2004
California
Visit site
✟20,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
n0va said:
I don't know if this is a stupid question or not but anyway... Is sin conscious?

Not at all a stupid question.

Sometimes we are aware of our sin, sometimes we aren't.

n0va said:
Is it some sort of spirit or just a part of us only.

Sin is a matter of attitude, or purpose of living. It's a placing of our will above God's will.

Upvote 0

armothe

Living in HIS kingdom...
May 22, 2002
Visit site
✟16,561.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Constitution
n0va said:
Did sin just come about from Adam and eve? What is it actually? Is it a kinda spirit or is it just wrong-doing against God that came from Adam and Eve? I know there will be no sin in Heaven but will there be sin in hell? Has sin always existed with God? Is it conscious? I know what i'm trying to say but finding it hard to put across.

Sin is a conciouss effort to disregard love.

Will sin ever be 100% completely removed from this world? No.

Can we greatly reduce sin by continuing to have a true relationship with God and proclaiming His love for us and others. Yes.

The process starts with ourselves.

-A

Upvote 0
P

Pilgrim and stranger

n0va said:

Sin, Summary: The literal meanings of the Heb. and (Greek - ajlektorofwniva sin," "sinner," etc)., disclose the true nature of sin in its manifold manifestations. Sin is transgression, an overstepping of the law, the divine boundary between good and evil Psalms 51:1; Luke 15:29, iniquity, an act inherently wrong, whether expressly forbidden or not; error, a departure from right ; Psalms 51:9; Romans 3:23, missing the mark, a failure to meet the divine standard; trespass, the intrusion of self-will into the sphere of divine authority Ephesians 2:1, lawlessness, or spiritual anarchy 1 Timothy 1:9, unbelief, or an insult to the divine veracity John 16:9.

Sin originated with Satan Isaiah 14:12-14, entered the world through Adam Romans 5:12, was, and is, universal, Christ alone excepted ; Romans 3:23; 1 Peter 2:22, incurs the penalties of spiritual and physical death ; Genesis 2:17; 3:19; Ezekiel 18:4,20; Romans 6:23 and has no remedy but in the sacrificial death of Christ ; Hebrews 9:26; Acts 4:12 availed of by faith Acts 13:38,39. Sin may be summarized as threefold: An act, the violation of, or want of obedience to the revealed will of God; a state, absence of righteousness; a nature, enmity toward God.

Upvote 0

frumanchu

God's justice does not demand second chances
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2003
Ohio
✟62,780.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have always preferred the Westminster Confession of Faith's definition of sin:

Q. 14. What is sin?
A. Sin is any want of conformity unto, or transgression of, the law of God.[38]

[38] Leviticus 5:17. And if a soul sin, and commit any of these things which are forbidden to be done by the commandments of the LORD; though he wist it not, yet is he guilty, and shall bear his iniquity. James 4:17. Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin. 1 John 3:4. Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

linden

Jul 30, 2004
south
✟308.00
Faith
Christian
n0va said:

The first sin committed was Satan and that sin was arrogance.

Isa. 14:14 I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High."

Basically he wanted to "murder" Jesus Christ, and replace Him. This of course is shear arragance to say the least.

Linden

Upvote 0