Pacific Northwest
✟8,355.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
It's really weird, I mention that in my heart I can't see why a Christian would consider sorcerer's apprentice school entertaining or encourage such fiction for Christian entertainment, and I explain myself when challenged -- and that ruffles so many feathers?

Why does it ruffle so many feathers?

I'm not bothered, if I'm going to hell it's because I'm a blasphemous heathen and not because I read some naughty books. It's not like I can get more damned to hell, so why shouldn't I have some fun?

Upvote 0

AlbusEarwax

Dec 9, 2010
✟7,644.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think the Christains that enjoy Harry Potter and the ones that hate it will always disagre. It can be fustrating as a fan to try and have a discusion with fans to find it is always twisted aroudn by those who hate it. This isn't even a "is Harry Potter evil" thread. Its a tread fans to talk about it.

Upvote 0

AlbusEarwax

Dec 9, 2010
✟7,644.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Your not a party pooper. Just iralivant to this thread. besides Harry Potter isnt evil any way. I think every person who says so has never read them and is ignorant any way...

as for on topic. I have 4 favorits that I can not decide between: Dumbeldore, Snape, Harry and Luna. I just like Luna becuase she is like me. Snape becuase I understadn him and why he did what he did. Be made every one belive that he was evil so he coudl save them. All his friends turned on him and hated him. All the people that he was risking his life to save despised him and still he did it. He woudl have died with out them ever knwoing if it was not fro Harry discovering him as he was dieing. discovering that he was not evil at all. Maby biter and twisted by pain a bit but not evil. Snape was not one to seek after peoples thankfulness. He did what he thougth was best from them with out them even knwoing. the sercet helper to them all.

Harry I like becuase he was always hopful. He sufered so much and was still hopful and chose to love above all else. He loved when he walkign to the forest to be killed. He loved when he tryed to save Voldemrot from himself by telling him to be sorry fro what he had done or he woudl die and it would be terribel fro him after. He loved when he truned down the power of the elder wand and made sure that other people coudl not fall for its trap. People think he was self obsorbed. I don't think that is true.

I am pro Dumbeldore. People think he turned out to be a bit evil but I do not see it. I do strugle to understad why he let Harry stay at the durslys when he knew what was hapening. But I also knwo that keepign Harry alive might have matered mroe to him than keeping Harry happy. Also I think I am a beter person becuase I had a dificutl childhood. I think Harrys childhood taught him compasion. He knew what it was like to be unloved even hated. I think it was this that helped him understadn Voldemort and to feel compasion enough to tell him how to save him self.

Dumbeldroe made mistakes. He admits that himself. that he is only human and has made mistakes he is ashamed of. At least he admits it learns from it and in the end also gives up his life to save others. A man who died to save the boy who was tryign to kill him. I know there was mreo to it with the whole snape thing but I do belive that Dumbledore wanted to help Draco and protect him.

P.S my caregiver likes dumbeldore to!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DandelionsInTheRain

You see flowers in these weeds
Aug 23, 2007
in a field of yellow flowers, underneath the sun
✟17,910.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
help_the_lord said:
So draco malfoy took ownership of the elder wand because he disarmed dumbledore.. then harry disarmed him taking ownership of the wand.. how come when voldemort killed harry he didn't take control of it? Instead they made it where Harry retained control.. it doesn't make sense!!

That is a good point I never thought of. ^_^

Upvote 0

jubileeLEE

Sep 18, 2011
✟15,305.00
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Single
Here is where Rowling leans on Jesus for inspiration, really, she does. The thing Dumbeldore keeps repeating is love is the strongest magic. So, he defeated Grindelwhatever who had the wand when he stepped in to fight him, not for ownership of the most powerful wand but to protect the people.
He keeps trying to teach this message. He tells Harry the stone materialized in his pocket because he did not want it for himself. He is trying to instruct Harry indirectly so that he would not make the same mistake he did in the beginning. This is why the last book goes on so much about Dumbledore's past.
Again, Harrys' mom sacrifices herself out of love and thereby protects Harry with a stronger magic than the killing curse - love.
In the end Harry survives the killing curse whiles the part of Voldemort that was in him dies when he sacrifices himself for everyone else out of love.
So instead of the wand passing to Voldemort when he kills Harry, he loses completely.

Upvote 0

PixieSunbelle

formerly xladyfayre
Jan 2, 2007
in some fairy forest
✟16,167.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not bothered, if I'm going to hell it's because I'm a blasphemous heathen and not because I read some naughty books. It's not like I can get more damned to hell, so why shouldn't I have some fun?

It honestly bothers me when other Christians tell me I cannot enjoy fantasy. It's not like I actually believe I can fly around on a broomstick and cast spells. I feel like if fantasy will cause a Christian to not believe anymore then they weren't going to actually believe.

Upvote 0

PixieSunbelle

formerly xladyfayre
Jan 2, 2007
in some fairy forest
✟16,167.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Snape becuase I understadn him and why he did what he did. Be made every one belive that he was evil so he coudl save them. All his friends turned on him and hated him.
I love Snape.
Harry I like becuase he was always hopful. He sufered so much and was still hopful and chose to love above all else. He loved when he walkign to the forest to be killed. He loved when he tryed to save Voldemrot from himself by telling him to be sorry fro what he had done or he woudl die and it would be terribel fro him after. He loved when he truned down the power of the elder wand and made sure that other people coudl not fall for its trap. People think he was self obsorbed. I don't think that is true.
I definitely think you are right. Harry was always so loving. He didn't want all the power. He just wanted everyone to be okay.
I am pro Dumbeldore. People think he turned out to be a bit evil but I do not see it. I do strugle to understad why he let Harry stay at the durslys when he knew what was hapening. But I also knwo that keepign Harry alive might have matered mroe to him than keeping Harry happy. Also I think I am a beter person becuase I had a dificutl childhood. I think Harrys childhood taught him compasion. He knew what it was like to be unloved even hated. I think it was this that helped him understadn Voldemort and to feel compasion enough to tell him how to save him self.
Because Harry was safe there but not safe in the magic world. He needed to stay there until he could be old enough to attend Hogwarts. Once he went into the magical world; he was no longer safe. Now safe is relative at the Dursleys house but they weren't going to kill him. He had to make a hard decision. He could have taken Harry to be with him but then Harry would have probably died as a child. I think Dumbledore chose the lesser of the two evils when placing Harry.
Dumbeldroe made mistakes. He admits that himself. that he is only human and has made mistakes he is ashamed of. At least he admits it learns from it and in the end also gives up his life to save others. A man who died to save the boy who was tryign to kill him. I know there was mreo to it with the whole snape thing but I do belive that Dumbledore wanted to help Draco and protect him.

P.S my caregiver likes dumbeldore to!
Dumbledore had a horrible knowledge. He knew what was in store for Harry but I think there was precious little he could do to stop it. It had to be Harry. So he had to protect him just long enough for the end to draw near. It must be a terrible burden to watch and counsel someone who doesn't know their destiny is to fight this great evil and possibly die to it but you do- and there's nothing you can do.

Upvote 0