Guys- what do you think about girls with tattoo(s)?

MysteriousDisciple

Apr 5, 2007
✟7,718.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Awe you are so sweet! :hug: I agree girls with too many or too big of tattoos on their arms doesn't look good. Mine are small. I would never get any more on my arms and I wouldn't get any on my foot, ankle, chest, neck, or some other places. lol.

:blush: haha :D I'm not saying if some amazing girl who puts God above all came along and had lots of tattoos, that I would ignore her... :p I think more so then lots of tattoos, I don't like the oddly placed ones... like on the face, seen that a few times lol like the forehead... that bothers me... more then the walking ink ladies lol

Upvote 0

zerbetron

Apr 4, 2007
✟15,317.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I LOVE tattoos. Im a huge fan of how they look and I've always been attracted to men who have a lot. When it comes to girls. I think that it depends on the girl. I have three. I have 4 more planned, and I get tons of compliments on mine.

There are places on a girl that I HATE to see tattooed, like the lower back, But then it depends on how the tattoo looks. i've seen girls with some excellent tattoo work and it looks phenominal on them. And then I've seen some very prtty girls with AWFUL tattoo work and it looks terrible.

Just remember you get what you pay for.

Upvote 0

HunterSpydre

~Resolute Protector~
Mar 31, 2007
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Visit site
✟7,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'd have to agree with it depends. I have two myself, so I'm definitely not against them. I'm using mine as a bit of culture shock and as a ministry tool. People around here can be very stereotypical, so I tend to show them that "people like me" can have Jesus in their heart just as much as a clean cut Christian. It allows me to minister to groups that I would have a hard time even getting close to otherwise. :thumbsup:

Back to the original question... To me quantity or even quality doesn't matter as much as the bold statement that may come along with it. Like Love4Jesus said with her being able to witness. That's the attractive part about it all to me.

Upvote 0

Luther073082

κύριε ἐλέησον χριστὲ ἐλέησον
Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Let us not forget the word of the Lord our God.

Levidticus 19:28 "Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I AM THE LORD" -NIV

To answer the question. Small ones in less noticable places I can handle. But nothing big. And she better not get any after dating me.

Upvote 0

MysteriousDisciple

Apr 5, 2007
✟7,718.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Let us not forget the word of the Lord our God.

Levidticus 19:28 "Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I AM THE LORD" -NIV

To answer the question. Small ones in less noticable places I can handle. But nothing big. And she better not get any after dating me.

Dude... this is what I was talking about before, everyone pulls that one verse out... but yet, ignore all the ones around it? How can you do that? The Bible is understood by reading all of it, not taking one thing, but ignoring what is around it... so let us look at more of that verse there. Verse 27, right above that one says "Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard."

I'm not a psychic, but I am sure you have had a haircut in your life, may still get one... don't think you have a beard dragging the ground either... those were cultural distinctive laws, and were for the Jews... that is what reading the Bible is for, so you understand who is being told these laws, and what was going on in that time to have done so. You can't pluck a verse like that, unless you have studied the whole thing! :)

Also, I think the reason the cutting for the dead and the tattoo thing are so close together, is because people were using the tattoos to worship false gods.

Upvote 0

Kol

Working on it
Jan 24, 2007
✟12,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sorry, I see tattoos as desecration of the Temple. You could say that earrings and other piercings fit the same bill, but those are a bit more modest. Tattoos are really overstepping the bounds. So who's to decide what's overstepping? I guess you are. If it's a sin to you, don't do it. Even so, it doesn't really matter because few people glorify their bodies as a work of God anyway. (Image: muffintops).

Tattoos are immodest, and besides, aren't they a good way to track you if you're on the run? When I was an SP, we had BOLOs all the time, and every last one of those guys had tattoos...

Upvote 0

MysteriousDisciple

Apr 5, 2007
✟7,718.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I can't wait to see Jesus' tattoo!

"On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:
KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS." - Revelation 19:16

Seriously, if someone thinks they are wrong... then I don't see anything wrong with that. :) I just hope people are aware that God can take anything and turn it into good, you can't limit Him. He can use tattoos as a means to help other through people who have them... maybe I myself have it all wrong, but I see nothing in the Bible that gives me concern over having them, unless they are used to glorify satan or false idols.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Love&Pain

Love Your Enemies
Oct 12, 2003
California
✟26,053.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
like i said, depends...

- how big
- where
- what

sounds as though we have similar criteria

for example if he got a nazi tattoo before he was saved and then he becomes saved and he no longer is racist, I don't think I would still give him a chance. :sorry: It disguses me seeing guys with f you written out across their hands or gang names on their bodies and things of that sort.

Upvote 0