GREAT SITE - This is going to be fun

secularfuture

Secular Transhumanist
Sep 29, 2002
In the future
✟1,258.00
Hello everyone!
My name is Tony S. and I am a Secular Transhumanist.
(Details about secular transhumanism below)

I found this message board by searching through the Kent Hovind webpage. I am a film director, writer, photographer, animator, etc – if it has something to do with art, I’m there!

Mr. or Miss Creator of this board… This is one of the best boards on religion I have ever seen! Very organized, well programmed, with a lot of interesting and great people. Its a little biased, but it is still pretty okay.

This is going to be so much fun.

Take Care,
Tony

What is a secular transhumanist?

Secular Transhumanism (SXH) promotes the quest for knowledge of the methods by which human life may be extended and/or enhanced, without resorting to a "higher power".

Aging is a hereditary disease:
Humans have long lived with the idea of a limited life span full of discomfort and disease. In recent times, increased medical knowledge has allowed the extension and enhancement of life through the treatment and cure of diseases. It is time for people to view all shortcomings of the human body as hereditary conditions to be treated and cured. Chiefly among these, the process of aging should be targeted for research. The number of people that die each year of age or age related illness is truly staggering, yet the omnipresence of the condition makes most people blind to it. We should strive to make our bodies into the best bodies that they can possibly be.

Human evolution is not a purely biological process:
The ability of human beings to pass learned knowledge from mind to mind through the use of language, both spoken and written, has given us an evolutionary process far faster than that of genetic evolution. The study of this evolution of ideas has come to be known as "memetics", and the base unit of replicating information corresponding to the gene has been termed the "meme." Memetic processes account for all the knowledge, ideas, and dreams that we have, and they have allowed us to advance in ways which genetic evolution alone could never have taken us. See our Memetics page for more information.

Higher Powers are dangerous parasitic memetic organisms:
Memetic evolution has also resulted in the development of parasitic organisms. Parasitic memes inhabit ourminds andinfluence our actions, but they do not act in accordance with our own best self-interests. God, Country (nationalism), and all other such "Higher Powers" are examples of parasitic memetic entities. Because they pursue survival strategies divergent from the survival of their individual human hosts, they can be a threat to your health and happieness. See our Infohaz page for more information.

The mind of a person is the person:
Neither a person’s sex, physical disability/ability, race, size, appearance, nor any other physical characteristic should be used as criteria upon which to judge a person. Judgment should be based solely on content of character. While it is true that physical form may influence a person’s self image and vice-versa, it is this self image, and not its physical container, which comprises the identity of a person. The body is just the most local part of the environment in which the memetic structure of the mind resides.

If you agree with any or all of these principles, you may be a Secular Transhumanist already.

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shubunkin

Antiochian Orthodox Christian
Jun 18, 2005
✟17,565.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
attachment.php

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.