Gorilla Genome

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
Yes, your favorite word....."evidence".

Farmers have known for years as well as others who breed animals to produce hybrids that may be better for a certain purpose, that you will come to a wall. Sooner or later, your interbreeding of animals that can produce offspring together, will come to a point where the offspring are infertile, a dead end.

All dogs can breed with each other, to my knowledge any way. I don't know the lineage of horses and donkey's but I do know that there is no further hybrid possible with the breeding of these two as you get a mule which is not capable of producing any more further hybrid.

Golden Retrievers can mate with husky's because they are the same "kind".... they are dogs......
What's a kind?

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The idea of populations evolving, to me, is much more difficult than an individual. I say this because it is far more conceivable for an individual to mutate but to have a whole population do the same? Not buying that.

A working definition of evolution is 'the change of alleles (traits) in populations over time'. It's the influence of population statistics early in the emergence of the Modern Synthesis. What is commonly overlooked is that cells and sometimes genes change over time and they are populations that change over time, well within the individual. Context matters.

To accept an idea or statement I would have to believe it. This is just double talk. Some say evolution is a fact. Others say "science cannot prove anything". It's a theory, now it's not, it's proven, but science proves nothing... what is the definition of "this word or that word".....round and round it goes.

Indeed, modern philosophy puts way too much emphasis on semantics, changing the meaning of words without being forth coming with the changing definitions. This has little to do with evolution in Biology, if it were the scientific definitions would not be so cloudy.

Yep, it is. And, all these scientists went to and accredited institution of post secondary education that force the TOE down the students throats. From young children we are inundated with this farce and if.....if anyone goes against this sacred cow of a religion they may be refused a passing grade, refused accreditation, refused a degree, removed from a position of employment, chastised by their peers, have papers and presentations severely attacked...face it, the TOE is a strong brick wall of intellectual and educational strong holds that control the "truth".

That's where your wrong, evolution is something that happens after life starts, it's a living theory. What Darwinians don't want you do know is that TOE is irrelevant to whether or not it's created or exclusively naturalistic. They do silence all theistic thought but what I have learned from them is that they are obsessed with fallacious logic. There is a reason for that, they lack the courage of their convictions or they would not be ignoring the fact that the inverse logic of their naturalistic assumptions is intuitively obvious. They lack the courage of their convictions.

That's my point. You cannot show transition with a dead fossilized bone. It is "static" it shows one point in time. It can never tell you about it's father, it's mother and even more it's great grandfather or great grand daughter

That's right, biology is about living systems, not dead ancestors. That's one of the many fallacies of Darwinism, it's called equivocation. When they equivocate evolution with the naturalistic assumptions of Darwinism we should know better then to continue arguing against adaptive evolution.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Yes, your favorite word....."evidence".

Farmers have known for years as well as others who breed animals to produce hybrids that may be better for a certain purpose, that you will come to a wall. Sooner or later, your interbreeding of animals that can produce offspring together, will come to a point where the offspring are infertile, a dead end.

Yes, that is because it takes many generations to produce genetic diversity. Also, inbreeding increases the chances of offspring having two copies of the same recessive deleterious allele.

All dogs can breed with each other, to my knowledge any way. I don't know the lineage of horses and donkey's but I do know that there is no further hybrid possible with the breeding of these two as you get a mule which is not capable of producing any more further hybrid.

Then donkeys and horses are separate species because there is no longer genetic flow between the populations. It is a perfect example of macroevolution. As time goes on, horses and donkeys will only drift farther and farther apart to the point that they can't even produce viable offspring, sterile or otherwise.

Golden Retrievers can mate with husky's because they are the same "kind".... they are dogs......

Where did the Golden Retrievers and Huskies come from?

Upvote 0