Fruit Inspector
May 5, 2010
✟16,022.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I think so.

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. (Ephesians 2:8-10)

for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure (Phil 2:13)

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Grant
we are not saved by works, but do our good works have any value to God when we follow Jesus' commandements? can we do anything that God considers good?
Second Corinthians 5:10 addresses Christians and not unbelievers. This is not the Great White Throne Judgment, but the bema seat where a Christian's works will be judged by God. This verse reads:
For) we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil (ESV)..
To give us some idea of the good works required of believers, we have a very practical list in Matt. 25:33-40:
33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me' (NIV).
My, oh my, isn't that a challenge for us to be practical in the real world?

In Christ, Oz

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
we are not saved by works, but do our good works have any value to God when we follow Jesus' commandements? can we do anything that God considers good?

good works are evidence of our salvation, by the grace of God and under the leadership of the Holy Spirit, yes our works have value to God. All other doings are shifting sand.

Upvote 0